“This is the cleanest, guest friendly hotel I have ever felt extremly comfortable in.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Port Orange
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lake Mary, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

the people that work there are very pleasant like Paul at the front desk and Tabby in the morning at their wonderful complementary breakfast. This is the cleanest hotel that I have ever stayed in that I not only stayed once but a few times and would go back and stay again.

Room Tip: no smoking, no pets rooms that were available to me as I have allergies.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathleen S
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on my hotel, the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. I will be sure to let both Paul and Tabby know of your kind words regarding the service that they provided you.

I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to the Port Orange area.

Tom Clapsaddle/General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Chicagoland, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Recently visited the Country Inn and Suites in Port Orange on a visit to Port Orange to visit friends. Had a really great stay and will definitely return.

The hotel is newer and very nice. It's decorated very nicely both in the public rooms and the room. They have a very nice business center right off the lobby which came in handy to print a boarding pass for one member in our party. The breakfast room was large and had lots of choices. We didn't use the pool (didn't have time) but it looked very nice and inviting as well.

The rooms were very, very clean. The bathroom seemed larger (we were in a suite) than other bathrooms in suites at Country Inns we've stayed at, which was nice, as it allowed for more room. Very nicely decorated with granite and 2 flat panel HDTVs, very nice. We enjoyed having a door to separate the living area from the bedroom, nice at night when some in our party wanted to sleep while others being night owls.. The other thing that I liked about this location was how well lit the building was at night. I had noticed this on our drive down to Florida that some hotels by freeways are not as well lit at night. I liked that the parking lot was well lit. I felt the price was very fair here for the quality and cleanliness of this locatoin

One other thing that was noteworthy was how friendly the staff here was. The front desk staff and the housekeeping team were always quick with a smile and a friendly hello. Very nice to see happy people.

We plan on visiting again on future visits to the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sgtdisney
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for my hotel, the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. It is a pleasure to hear from our guests that we have impacted so positively.

On your next trip may I suggest you visit our Read & Return Library and relax by our Outdoor Pool.

I look forward to meeting you on your next visit back.

Pewee Valley, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We've done our share of traveling, and as we make a Kentucky to Florida trip, we're hitting our share of hotels. We spent one night here before heading to WDW. This is the first time we've been to a Country inn and I say sincerely it won't be our last...we might actually seek out another Country Inn when planning our next reservation on the road. We were that impressed.

There are several things to positively highlight. The staff was very friendly and helpful -- from the front desk to the cleaning people. The rooms were EXTREMELY clean, as other reviewers have noted; my wife, with high cleaning standards, remarked it's the best she's seen, so that's high praise. The rooms and beds were comfy. We had a balcony -- a nice touch, although our view was just of the interstate. Speaking of the interstate, it's right off the exit and yet sits back in an area that's well-treed and quiet, which was an impressive feat considering the location. Last but not least, the free hot breakfast is not to be missed. Although it seems the new fad (I guess continental breakfast is considered too downscale anymore), Country Inn has a spread of choices that is better than any I've seen at this price point. The pool seemed nice and well maintained although we didn't partake. I should add that there are several nice food/beverage/alcohol options down at the front desk to purchase, although obviously it's priced for the convenience.

When I rate hotels, I rank stars based on what it achieves for the value that you pay for. On that level, Country Inn earns its five stars. Very impressed. If you're looking for a hotel 5-6 miles from Daytona Beach, or a stop on the way to Orlando or points beyond, I highly recommend it.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank HanLeia
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
WOW - I need to thank you for the wonderful review of my hotel, the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. I am glad to see that we were able to exceed your expectations.

We are 5 miles off of the World's Most Famous Beach and only minutes from both New Smyrna Beach and Ormond Beach.

The next time that you are able to stay at ne of our hotels please check out the Read and Return Library. You may borrow a book and drop it off after you are finished at any of our hotel locations nationwide.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review on us. I do hope that I have the opportunity to meet you on your next trip through.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is the first time we stayed at any Country Inn and Suites and I'm sure it won't be the last. I have never dealt with such wonderful staff members from the courteous check-in clerk, to the housekeepers, to the ladies that took care of breakfast each morning. That's probably the main reason we will return. The grounds are beautiful an well kept and the rooms and bathrooms are cleaner than any other hotel I have ever stayed in. I wasn't afraid to walk on the floors in my bare feet! The bed was great but I'm not a fan of soft pillows so that would be my only, yes, my only complaint! We'll be staying here the next time we are in the Port Orange/Daytona Beach area! You can count on it!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the building are quieter -- the view is of the parking lot but you don'...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a nice review regarding my hotel the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. I will be sure to let my entire staff know of your kind words regarding the service that you received while a guest here.

When you visit again please make sure that you take advantage of our Pool and Exercise rooms as well! You will be glad that you did.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for three nights while visiting family in the area. The room was perfect.... attractive, very clean, with comfortable beds. The front desk staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. The outdoor pool area is very nice and inviting. The property is conveniently located near shopping centers and several restaurants. Will definitely return next year.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding my hotel, the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you on your visit to the Daytona Area.

I do hope that the next time you are here you have the opportunity to take advantage of our Read & Return Library. It is located in the lobby when you walk into the hotel.

I look forward to meeting you on your trip here again next year!

Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Our sons' wedding took place in Port Orange,FL in April 2013. This is a busy time of the year for the area. We wanted to stay close to the venue and at a nice hotel. We booked several rooms for family coming in and ourselves. We had the best experience at this hotel and could not have asked for it to be better! We had several special needs and had to make several changes that were taken care of with super service. They even helped us locate to best place for the rehearsal dinner. Kevin, Paul, Larado, John and Judy did a great job! Thank you (hope I didn't leave anyone out) to all of them!

Room Tip: Ask for fragance & allergy free room & ozone machine if you need it
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you very much for your very kind review of my hotel. the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. It is nice hearing when my staff seems to go above and beyond for our guests.

I will be sure to let everyone that you mentioned know about your nice words.

I do hope that you have the opportunity to visit us again in the near future and get the chance to relax and unwind by our pool!

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

We were driving North and were exhausted, so stopped at this hotel overnight. Staff very
accommodating. Great room with micro/frig--we bought our own food. Ate in the room. Very . comfortable bed, pillows, etc. Brand new hotel, right off the highway. Got coupon at gas station so was only charged $59 for the night. Left on our trip in the morning so didn't use any of sthe facilities. Would definitely stay here again. Great breakfast buffet included. Free internet--had my I pad so was able to check my mail in my room

Room Tip: Had top floor so no one would be above us
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank for your nice review of my hotel, the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. I am glad that you found our coupon while on your travels.

Please come back when you have time to stay and try out our Pool & Hot tub. You will be glad that you did!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Orange
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,313 reviews
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
#1 of 13 in New Smyrna Beach

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona? Share your experiences!