“Love this hotel!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
“Love this hotel!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel. Room was immaculate. Every member of the staff I encountered smiling and friendly. Breakfast was great, a variety of hot and cold. Loved the waffle machine, yum! And let's not forget those fresh baked cookies available all day. I'll be back next year!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. I am glad that you LOVED our property. We do our best to wow our guests and I think we made with you.

The next time you visit the area please do not forget to check out the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse. Great tourist area to visit!

Tom Clapsaddle/General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
NY
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The hotel is convenient to the highway and many places to eat within a short drive of the hotel. We were there about a month ago and the hotel is very nice, clean and still new. Breakfast was delicious and the staff for the most part was very helpful, professional and cared about the guests. A nice young man at the desk on the weekends in the afternoon was very pleasant and professional who recommended Aunt Catfish to eat. However, we never made it there. Another desk clerk, Kevin, rudely and unprofessionally interrupted him and stated Aunt Catfish was not good, had bad service. He recommended some other place which was not close by and it was actually lousy. Wish we could remember his name but you tend to remember the bad more. When we saw the young man again, we told him about Kevin's choice and he apologized. Enjoyed this hotel and the staff for the most part! Fresh baked cookies are good for a midnight snack. Overall, we will stay again when we travel to Florida next winter.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side of hotel away from the highway. Professionally decorated rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
I want to thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review for the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. I am certainly glad that you will be staying with us again. I apologize for my staff being aggressive regarding there restaurant referrals. I will be sure to speak with Kevin regarding this. I also will be sure to let Larado know of your kind words.

Aunt Catfish's would be one of the restaurants that I personally would recommend. The nest time that you are in town please make it a point to go there.

I look forward to meeting you on your next trip back to the Daytona Beach area. Please introduce yourself upon your return!

Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We were here May 1, 2013. The desk clerks, Paul and Kevin were very helpful in making our
stay pleasant. Thank you to them! This hotel is very clean and bright; the breakfast is great.
We were here last year and this will be a favorite of ours as we travel in Flordia.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. It is nice hearing when we win over our guests. I will be sure to let both Kevin and Paul know of your kind comments. I will also make sure my breakfast attendants are aware as well.

I do hope that I have the opportunity to meet you on your next trip through our area.

Florida
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Our swim team stayed here recently for a weekend meet. I can’t say enough good things about the service and cleanliness of this property. We loved the endless fresh made cookies at the front desk. On Saturday night – Kevin Arcieri was wonderful in supplying cookies and milk to the swim team as well as several other sports teams staying at the hotel. He was super friendly and excelled in customer service hospitality. Feel blessed you have him as an employee!

The room was spacious and clean. This property was well worth the nightly fee and I would no doubt stay there again whether for another swim meet or just for a visit to the area. Truly Remarkable!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra to have the bigger room - it is a suite with a living area and a separate bedroom...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for my hotel, the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. I will be sure to let Kevin know of your kind comments about his cookie & milk making ability. Also, thank you very much for suggesting to those reading to upgrade to a suite. That is a nice touch.

We look forward to hosting your swim team when you come back to town! Please make sure you let the other teams know as well.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Hotel was hard to find though you can see it from the highway. I arrived late tired making silly mistakes but Kevin Arcieri put me at ease and made me feel weclomed. I can't tell you enough how his service made my stay enjoyable. Though the Hotel itself is first rate for a very reasonable price. I had a very good night's rest a surprising good complementary breakfast and was on my way earlier than expected the next day. I will now be a Country Inns regular.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding my hotel, the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona and my staff. I will be sure to let Kevin know of your kind remarks.

It was also a pleasure speaking with you the morning of your departure.

We look forward to your return trip to the Port Orange area!

Vero Beach Fl
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Tremendous hotel lead by an outstanding staff. I'm a retired Colonel and have traveled the world staying in the worst of places and the best of places. This hotel and marvelous staff is in the top five-speaking strictly about the staff and room accommodations. They made all the air show performers extremely welcomed to the hotel. We had our Golden Retriever and the staff went out of its way to even make him feel so very welcome. The girls hosting breakfast gave him his favorite treat- bacon. They have pet trails at each end of the building with cleanup stations, if u forgot your pickup bags they had them. Rooms were immaculate with a great breakfast and coffee and cookies in the lobby. Great heated pool and jacuzzi with a gas grill if u wanted to hit the grocery store and cook out. I'm a bit miffed I posted to this web-site during the stay and my review was not here. Also tried to enter today the name of hotel and the Trip Advisor site didn't recognize the location again. During the stay I contacted the Carlson people to tell them how great the staff is and did a review with Trip Advisor giving them the address and location. I'm sure I'm missing something I wrote before.
Bottom line this is a great hotel that has a great staff.

Room Tip: We had a room on the road side and was quite surprised about little road noise. Great place for your...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I want to thank you for taking the time to write another review of my hotel, the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. It is a pleasure reading reviews such as yours. I will be sure to let my staff know of how important they were to the success of the NSB Air Show.

We look forward to your return to the area next year!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was so happy I'd stayed in this hotel the people are great, services are awesome, very friendly and helpful staffs, especially Kevin. An hour after I checked in had a scared call from unknown people and I immediately informed the front desk and the Supevisor quickly fixed everything for my safety. After that I felt safer and at home the way they treated their guest. I always approach Kevin with alot of inquiries like where can I have a have great food and he suggested a local Italian Restaurant and he was right, the food are fresh and taste good. The palce is always clean and they always have the gooey cookies that are so delicious. Definitely a great place to stay if you're visiting Port Orange, Fl. I will definitely stay there once I go back to Port Orange.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. I am glad that Kevin and the rest of my staff were able to take care of you while a guest here.

I do hope that upon your return you are also able to discover Daytona Beach as well as New Smyrna Beach both just a short drive from our hotel.

We look forward to you return visit!

Tom Clapsaddle
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
#1 of 13 in New Smyrna Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona? Share your experiences!