“Friendly and Helpful Service”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Port Orange
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Hotel was hard to find though you can see it from the highway. I arrived late tired making silly mistakes but Kevin Arcieri put me at ease and made me feel weclomed. I can't tell you enough how his service made my stay enjoyable. Though the Hotel itself is first rate for a very reasonable price. I had a very good night's rest a surprising good complementary breakfast and was on my way earlier than expected the next day. I will now be a Country Inns regular.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding my hotel, the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona and my staff. I will be sure to let Kevin know of your kind remarks.

It was also a pleasure speaking with you the morning of your departure.

We look forward to your return trip to the Port Orange area!

Tom Clapsaddle/General Manager

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Tremendous hotel lead by an outstanding staff. I'm a retired Colonel and have traveled the world staying in the worst of places and the best of places. This hotel and marvelous staff is in the top five-speaking strictly about the staff and room accommodations. They made all the air show performers extremely welcomed to the hotel. We had our Golden Retriever and the staff went out of its way to even make him feel so very welcome. The girls hosting breakfast gave him his favorite treat- bacon. They have pet trails at each end of the building with cleanup stations, if u forgot your pickup bags they had them. Rooms were immaculate with a great breakfast and coffee and cookies in the lobby. Great heated pool and jacuzzi with a gas grill if u wanted to hit the grocery store and cook out. I'm a bit miffed I posted to this web-site during the stay and my review was not here. Also tried to enter today the name of hotel and the Trip Advisor site didn't recognize the location again. During the stay I contacted the Carlson people to tell them how great the staff is and did a review with Trip Advisor giving them the address and location. I'm sure I'm missing something I wrote before.
Bottom line this is a great hotel that has a great staff.

Room Tip: We had a room on the road side and was quite surprised about little road noise. Great place for your...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to write another review of my hotel, the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. It is a pleasure reading reviews such as yours. I will be sure to let my staff know of how important they were to the success of the NSB Air Show.

We look forward to your return to the area next year!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was so happy I'd stayed in this hotel the people are great, services are awesome, very friendly and helpful staffs, especially Kevin. An hour after I checked in had a scared call from unknown people and I immediately informed the front desk and the Supevisor quickly fixed everything for my safety. After that I felt safer and at home the way they treated their guest. I always approach Kevin with alot of inquiries like where can I have a have great food and he suggested a local Italian Restaurant and he was right, the food are fresh and taste good. The palce is always clean and they always have the gooey cookies that are so delicious. Definitely a great place to stay if you're visiting Port Orange, Fl. I will definitely stay there once I go back to Port Orange.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. I am glad that Kevin and the rest of my staff were able to take care of you while a guest here.

I do hope that upon your return you are also able to discover Daytona Beach as well as New Smyrna Beach both just a short drive from our hotel.

We look forward to you return visit!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We were there for only one night but were there early enough to appreciate this new and comfortable place. Staff very nice and helpful, perfect room (comfortable beds, refrigerator and micro-wave, nice TV...), good breakfast (that we can take either inside or on a cozy patio), the pool and jacuzzi are nice too. There is even a barbecue if needed. Conveniently located near highway but quiet, near restaurants, pharmacy, various stores. Close enough to Daytona Beach... Very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. It means a lot to us when our guests think that highly to spend the most precious of their commodities - time.

It is true we are only 5 miles off of the World's Most Famous Beach - Daytona Beach and also we are centrally located between New Smyrna Beach and Ormond Beach.

I do hope the next time that you visit our hotel you have the time to grab a book from our Read & Return Library and relax by the pool!

Tom Clapsaddle
#1 Hotel for Guest Service 2012 for Country Inn & Suites Brand!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Figuring that a Country Inn in Daytona after the 500 should have numerous rooms available was incorrect. We got there about 5-5:30 PM. The single desk attendant was buried in a short line of folks who required time consuming situation solving. Overhearing about room unavilability only added to the angst of having to wait to see if we would be able to stay there. A young lady named Lauren Harris Keeler, who was not on scheduled desk duty jumped behind the desk to help process us as the other desk attendant was still busy. She diligently worked to get us a nice room, with some discount to the price. Although more money than we generally pay for a room, it was big, comfortable and clean.Thanks Lauren. You're the kind of person that addresses customer service as it should be done.

Room Tip: We have found that while traveling main highways, to try to find good, reasonable motels, stay away...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about my hotel, the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. The Daytona 500 and Bike Week drive revenues to all area hotels. This is the busy time for this area.

I am glad that Lauren was able to accomodate your needs. I agree that she does a great job and she recently was even promoted to the Assistant General Managers position.

I do hope the next time that you visit the Daytona area you have the time to visit some of the local attractions that we offer in addition to the World's Most Famous Beach.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

WE had a wonderfull stay at this hotel.The breakfasts were great. The housekeeping staff did avery nice job keeping everything lookingclean and very neat. the desk clerk(Paul) was extremely friendly and very helpful. I wish all my hotel stays could be as enjoyable as this one was.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete this write up on Trip Advisor for the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. It is nice hearing when we have taken care of our guests needs. I will be sure to let my staff and especially Paul know of your kind remarks.

They all will be thrilled!

We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the Daytona area.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed at many Country Inns, four in just the past month alone. The best service by far from front desk staff member named "Kevin". Extremely personable and friendly to everyone he greets and talks with both on site and by phone. Needed assistance finding a local business and he quickly checked internet and gave me directions. Over heard him many times over our short stay greeting people and he treats all like family. Would consider going out of our way to stay at this location again just to be able to say hi to Kevin. What an asset Country Inns have in this individual, you should have someone of this caliber at all sites. Please pass on our regards and thanks to Kevin.

Steve H. - from Canada

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SteveH960

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. It is so nice to read stories such as yours. I will be sure to let Kevin know of how much an impression that he made upon you. He will be thrilled!

We look forward to your next visit to the Daytona area. There is plenty of sites to see.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Orange
Hampton Inn Daytona Beach/Beachfront
Quality Inn Daytona Speedway
Quality Inn Daytona Speedway
#1 of 73 in Daytona Beach

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona? Share your experiences!