Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Port Orange
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This wonderful hotel has only been open a year so it had beautiful styling inside and out with very nice furniture and decor. I loved the granite topped "furniture" style vanity in the bathroom and the step-in shower was great instead of the typical slippery tub. I liked the leather (or very leather-like) desk chair and basket weave ottoman and easy chair. Paul at the front desk helped me decide between which restaurant to have dinner at and gave me a good tip for my drive the next day to the Miami cruise port that I appreciated. I'd definitely stop at this hotel again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ksheff-travel
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for your kind words regarding the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. It is a pleasure hearing from satisfied guests like yourself. I will be sure to let Paul know of what you had to say about him as well.

Tom Clapsaddle

Reviewed December 31, 2012

A very good experience overall. A no frills hotel with a clean room and friendly staff. A big thank you to Paul at the counter for going out of his way to make sure we were comfortable there by finding a suite room for us and a pack and play for the baby.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write about the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona on Trip Advisor. I will be sure to let Paul know of your kind comments.

On a future trip make sure you check out our Read & Return Library. There are bookes available for children as well as adults for you to peruse and take with you.

Tom Clapsaddle

Reviewed December 29, 2012

our stay here was greatly enhanced by the proffessionalism of the staff members who added the personal touch we never see at other hotels, and we stay at a lot of hotels. I would especially like to compliment Tabby, Paul, Rachel,Joyce, Lauren and Cindy, these people really put our stay over the top, thank you to all of you.

Room Tip: I can't say enough good things. This is the place to stay.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank michael b
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Wow - thank you! Best Hotel that you have ever stayed at....quite a compliment for the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona.

I am so glad that my staff has taken care of you. I will be sure that they are aware of your comments.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

All the people that worked there were very gracious, helpful, pleasant, and helped us in any way they could. Lauren, Paul and Rachel were excellent at the desk. Tabby, Joyce, and Cindy made a great breakfast! Cindy and Julie kept the rooms spotless. The only problem is we only have 2 more weeks in Port Orange to work! Thank you all VERY much!!!!

Room Tip: Close to the coffee and DELICIOUS Cookies!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding my staff at the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. It is nice to hear such uplifting words. I will be sure that they are recognized!

If you have to leave due to your job finishing up you can always plan a return trip for a vacation! Just a suggestion......

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This was a great hotel from check-in to departure. The facilities were superb, rooms spotless, and staff helpful. It was also very good value for money for the location (right off I- 95). We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

I am so glad that we were able to meet your needs while a guest of the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. It is very satisfying reading comments such as yours.

The next time that you are in town I would like to invite you to go see New Smyrna Beach. It is located only 15 minutes from the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. There is pleny of shopping and restaurants.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

All is clean. Lobby, rooms, etc. good service, nice looking hotel well located in terms of the area. Definitely worthwhile if willing to pay the price. The looks of this brand's lobbies are nice and warm.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment regarding my Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. I noticed that you had stayed with us during a special event time - Bike Week.

If you travel to the Port Orange/Daytona area during non demand times you will find our rates more to your liking.

I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to the Port Orange/Daytona area!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

My wife and I recently spent four nights over Christmas at this hotel, and it was very nice. The property is nearly new, and the facilities and rooms are spotless. We had a one bedroom suite on the second floor, and it was quite comfortable. The rate was an introductory internet rate of $75 a night, wow! The staff was very pleasant and helpful, and included breakfasts were pretty good. A nice touch were the fresh cookies and coffee available at all times, yay. The location is right off of I-95 on Dunlawton Rd. in Port Orange, which was perfect for us since our family lives in New Smyrna Beach. A short drive north brings you to Daytona. I see this place as a perfect location for races at the Speedway. It's close but removed from the craziness of International Speedway Blvd. Lots of restaurants on Dunlawton, including Chili's, Panera Bread, Stonewood Grill, and Applebees. All in all, this place is a winner!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. We are just a short trip to New Smyrna Beach. Another great town to visit for it's shopping, beach and night life!

Thank you for all of your kind words! We look forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Orange
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Orange / Daytona
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront
#7 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Ocea...
#2 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
#1 of 13 in New Smyrna Beach
Quality Inn Daytona Speedway
Quality Inn Daytona Speedway
#1 of 73 in Daytona Beach

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona? Share your experiences!