Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
“Fabulous hotel”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Checked in late last night... Room fabulous ... Cookies waiting for us.... Free Internet..... Breakfast was great... Tabby was awesome... She went above and beyond. Took care of every need... Attentive and very helpful.... She was so friendly.. Joyce was great too... Offered to help carry orange juice to my room!!! Great hotel... Right off 95....highly recommend!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathleen B
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding my staff here at the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. I will make sure that both Tabby & Joyce are aware of your kind comments!

I do hope that on your next trip to our fair city that I have the opportunity to meet you!

Tom Clapsaddle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
South Carolina
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at this location in late September. We did not arrive until about 11:15 pm and were out by the same time the next morning. But we enjoyed this short stay and will use this hotel again as a "stop over" when travelling to Orlando. The room was clean and the breakfast was plentiful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kftt77
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding your "Stop Over" at the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. I am glad that we were able to WOW you on your visit.

Maybe the next time you can stay an extra day and visit the World's Most Famous Beach - Daytona Beach - located just 5 miles from our property.

I look forward to meeting you on your return visit.

Port Orange, Florida
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My Family and I are staying here now, the Manager is just the best. I had problems with my online reservation and she took care of it with in minutes. I highly recommend this Hotel! Excellent service, the people are wonderful and the pool is very nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words regarding my staff & my hotel, the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. I am glad that we were able to rectify the issue that you had prior to you checking into the property.

I do hope that the next time that you are in the area that you have the opportunity to visit the World's Most Famous Beach - Daytona Beach - located only 5 miles from the hotel.

White House, Tn
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We have stayed at many hotels over the years and I have to say this is one of the friendliest, cleanest hotels we have stayed at. The bed was very comfortable also. The only thing negative was the breakfast, not much variety at all, and they really could use a microwave for heating up pastries, etc.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
I want to thank you for your kind words regarding the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. It is nice to hear that my staff make it your home away from home. Lauren is the name of the young lady you were referring too.

I do hope you are taking advantage of our Read & Return Library while you are here.

Tom Clapsaddle
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

This is my home away from home. I log thousands of miles a month and its nice to be recognized when staying somewhere frequently. Paul and John go out of their way to make me feel comfortable and welcome every time I arrive. In the morning breakfast is delicious and the young lady At the front desk, I cannot recall her name at the moment(my bad) is always cheerful and willing to assist in making my stay as enjoyable as possible. Even if there is a hotel around the way that is a couple bucks cheaper, it's not worth going elsewhere. This hotel is well maintained, and extremely clean. The maid staff is on point, one or two seem to have negative attitudes, however given what they go through on a daily basis, cleaning up after some of these people, I totally understand and appreciate what they do. I will continue of support this hotel. Thanks for everything my extended family!!!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Skipschaffer
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding my hotel the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona and my staff. I will make sure that Paul, John and Lauren get the recognition that they deserve for your comments.

While here next time please let us know if there is anything else that we could do to make our hotel even more like home.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 21, 2012

called in late at night to ask about military discounts and availability and paul was awesome, very courteous and provided me all the information that I needed w/o trying to sell me a room. thank you, paul!!! this is especially helpful for me since I am a military wife and I occasionally drive by myself w/ our kids while my husband is out to sea or on business and don't need the extra pressure, especially when I'm on the road driving and need to keep the call short.

the place is beautiful, location is right off the highway and there is a CVS, target, and gasoline station right off the same intersection. our room was great and all was awesome -- except for the breakfast. :o( the scrambled eggs were crunchy at times, like they had been out for quite some time. I got some boiled eggs, too, and they were pretty tough, like they, too, had been sitting out for a while. the oatmeal was (not surprisingly LoL) bland but ok and the coffee was fine. I was still hungry and was tempted to get a waffle but, by this point, the lady was already putting items away so I didn't want to bother her. they did have muffins that I didn't try and I actually forgot and regret not grabbing a banana on a side table right outside the breakfast room. :o(

I was pretty disappointed since I consider country inn my favorite hotel and I patronize them whenever I can and I checked out on an empty stomach. actually, I grabbed a few extra cookies from the front desk to make up for my lack of food. think they are made fresh daily and they are DELICIOUS. :o) I hope they read these reviews and will consider more the quality and freshness of their selections. I gave it a 4 since I really do enjoy staying here and this is the first time the food has not been good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review on my hotel the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona on Trip Advisor. I appreciate knowing when we do not follow through on our promise. I will address the quality of our breakfast food with my hostesses as all Country Inn & Suites use the same food vendor. This issue will be on my team for that day.

I do hope that the next time that you are able to visit with us that you have the luxury of time and are able to enjoy our beautiful serene setting by our pool. I am sure your children would love it. I use it to burn off my kids energy at home.

I look forward to meeting you on your return visit to the Port Orange/Daytona area.

Port Orange, Florida
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We checked in on Sunday, Oct. 7th for one night and were so impressed with the hotel, the staff and our experience in general we have decided to stay another night. The hotel is very clean and has a beautiful decor. Every staff person we have had contact with has been extremely eager to help and make our stay as pleasant as possible, particularly Tabby and Joyce in the dining room. They could not do enough to make sure we had everything we needed. They are an asset to your organization. We would highly recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: We had a corner room and it is very roomy and pleasant. I haven't seen the other rooms, so I ca...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you so very much for your kind review of my hotel. I will be sure to let both Tabby and Joyce know of the comments that you made about them. I know that this will thrill them.

Thank you for staying a second night as well. Next time you plan a trip back to the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona please make sure that you take the time to walk Flagler Avenue in New Smyrna Beach. It is an eclectic little street in our neighboring town and only minutes away.

Thank you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Orange
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Orange / Daytona
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
#1 of 13 in New Smyrna Beach
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Ocea...
#2 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront
#8 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Ho...
#2 of 13 in New Smyrna Beach

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona? Share your experiences!