Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Port Orange
GreenLeadersBronze level
“All Class”
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

This is my home away from home. I log thousands of miles a month and its nice to be recognized when staying somewhere frequently. Paul and John go out of their way to make me feel comfortable and welcome every time I arrive. In the morning breakfast is delicious and the young lady At the front desk, I cannot recall her name at the moment(my bad) is always cheerful and willing to assist in making my stay as enjoyable as possible. Even if there is a hotel around the way that is a couple bucks cheaper, it's not worth going elsewhere. This hotel is well maintained, and extremely clean. The maid staff is on point, one or two seem to have negative attitudes, however given what they go through on a daily basis, cleaning up after some of these people, I totally understand and appreciate what they do. I will continue of support this hotel. Thanks for everything my extended family!!!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Skipschaffer
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding my hotel the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona and my staff. I will make sure that Paul, John and Lauren get the recognition that they deserve for your comments.

While here next time please let us know if there is anything else that we could do to make our hotel even more like home.

Tom Clapsaddle/General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 21, 2012

called in late at night to ask about military discounts and availability and paul was awesome, very courteous and provided me all the information that I needed w/o trying to sell me a room. thank you, paul!!! this is especially helpful for me since I am a military wife and I occasionally drive by myself w/ our kids while my husband is out to sea or on business and don't need the extra pressure, especially when I'm on the road driving and need to keep the call short.

the place is beautiful, location is right off the highway and there is a CVS, target, and gasoline station right off the same intersection. our room was great and all was awesome -- except for the breakfast. :o( the scrambled eggs were crunchy at times, like they had been out for quite some time. I got some boiled eggs, too, and they were pretty tough, like they, too, had been sitting out for a while. the oatmeal was (not surprisingly LoL) bland but ok and the coffee was fine. I was still hungry and was tempted to get a waffle but, by this point, the lady was already putting items away so I didn't want to bother her. they did have muffins that I didn't try and I actually forgot and regret not grabbing a banana on a side table right outside the breakfast room. :o(

I was pretty disappointed since I consider country inn my favorite hotel and I patronize them whenever I can and I checked out on an empty stomach. actually, I grabbed a few extra cookies from the front desk to make up for my lack of food. think they are made fresh daily and they are DELICIOUS. :o) I hope they read these reviews and will consider more the quality and freshness of their selections. I gave it a 4 since I really do enjoy staying here and this is the first time the food has not been good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review on my hotel the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona on Trip Advisor. I appreciate knowing when we do not follow through on our promise. I will address the quality of our breakfast food with my hostesses as all Country Inn & Suites use the same food vendor. This issue will be on my team for that day.

I do hope that the next time that you are able to visit with us that you have the luxury of time and are able to enjoy our beautiful serene setting by our pool. I am sure your children would love it. I use it to burn off my kids energy at home.

I look forward to meeting you on your return visit to the Port Orange/Daytona area.

Port Orange, Florida
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We checked in on Sunday, Oct. 7th for one night and were so impressed with the hotel, the staff and our experience in general we have decided to stay another night. The hotel is very clean and has a beautiful decor. Every staff person we have had contact with has been extremely eager to help and make our stay as pleasant as possible, particularly Tabby and Joyce in the dining room. They could not do enough to make sure we had everything we needed. They are an asset to your organization. We would highly recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: We had a corner room and it is very roomy and pleasant. I haven't seen the other rooms, so I ca...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you so very much for your kind review of my hotel. I will be sure to let both Tabby and Joyce know of the comments that you made about them. I know that this will thrill them.

Thank you for staying a second night as well. Next time you plan a trip back to the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona please make sure that you take the time to walk Flagler Avenue in New Smyrna Beach. It is an eclectic little street in our neighboring town and only minutes away.

Thank you again!

New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This hotel offers more for your money than any other hotel in it's class. As the other reviewers mentioned, you're greeted with fresh baked cookies and a smile. The building is fairly new so everything looks top notch. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The bathrooms are eloquent. And it only gets better. They provide a great breakfast! Cindy and Tabby, our breakfast host, really go above and beyond to ensure everything is perfect. This is not your standard continental breakfast. We stayed for 3 nights, the first day we had omelets in addition to a wonderful variety of breads, fruits, freshly made oatmeal. The second day the eggs were scrambled to perfection. The third day we were greeted with fresh biscuits and gravy. This was also the first hotel I've seen to offer dedicated parking and recharge stations for electric vehicles. They thought of everything.

Bottom line; Our comfort was the main concern from every member of the staff we encountered. We will be staying with them whenever we go to the Daytona area.

Room Tip: We stayed on the east side (back side) facing the pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Wow! Thank you for your VERY kind words regarding my staff and our hotel the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. I will make sure that I let Tabby and Cindy know of your comments as I am sure it will make their day.

The next time that you are in the Port Orange/Daytona area I do hope that you have the opportunity to grab a book from our Read and Return Library and relax by our Pool.

Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our stay so much. I was greeted (after our long drive) by a friendly lady desk clerk. After checking us in, she told me to help myself to the baked cookies, fresh pot of coffee, and cold milk. She truly set the tone for this new, clean and comfortable Country Inn and Suites. We would definitely stay here again. Kudos to the great staff that made us feel at home!

Loved the "shower only" King room. It's difficult for us to climb over the tub to get into the shower of most hotel rooms. This shower only room was a wonderful option.

This Country Inn is right off I-95, but we didn't hear any traffic noise. Very quiet and cozy.

The only problem was finding the hotel in the dark. The signs are very small and close to the ground, so they are difficult to follow. We were told the city ordinance required the short/small signs, so it isn't the fault of the hotel.

Room Tip: Really enjoyed the "shower only" room. The large shower is the size of a standard tub.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for your nice comments regarding my Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. Also, thank you for posting that beautiful pick of the sunset from your room - stunning.

I hope that you have the time on your next visit to stay longer and take advantage of what Port Orange, Daytona Beach and New Smyrna Beach have to offer. All of which are located within 15 minutes of our property.

I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to the area.

Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed September 10, 2012

New, clean and comfortable. Had 3 rooms..421, 422, 426. All very nice with great beds..quiet-Good breakfast. Was there for swim meet..staff was very accommodating with b'fast schedule for us. All staff friendly and pleasant.

Room Tip: Book higher floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lisboa09
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding my staff here at the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. I am glad that we were able to accomodate your swim meet rooms and the request for opening our breakfast early prior to their meet. Taking care of guest requests is something my staff enjoys doing.

I do hope that that the next time that you are in town that you have the opportunity to visit Daytona Beach. It is located only 5 miles east of our hotel.

Look forward to seeing you again when the local YMCA brings you to town.

Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I attended a celebration in the ballroom and it was fabulous. The presentation, warm reception from staff and cleanliness was perfect. The Director of Sales, Marisol, stayed on top of every detail form start to finish. I will continue to return as a guest.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I would like to say thank you for your kind thoughts about the
Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. I am glad that you had such a wonderful time and that we made a great 1st Impression from the time you pulled up into our parking lot. My staff works hard to ensure that your stay is the best.

I do hope that you had the opportunity to visit the surrounding area including the World's Most Famous Beach - Daytona Beach and maybe even one of the restaurants around us like Texas Roadhouse or 27 Fathoms.

I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to the Port Orange/Daytona area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Orange
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Orange / Daytona
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
#1 of 13 in New Smyrna Beach
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Ocea...
#2 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront
#8 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Ho...
#2 of 13 in New Smyrna Beach

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona? Share your experiences!