“Attention to Detail!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Attention to Detail!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I attended a celebration in the ballroom and it was fabulous. The presentation, warm reception from staff and cleanliness was perfect. The Director of Sales, Marisol, stayed on top of every detail form start to finish. I will continue to return as a guest.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I would like to say thank you for your kind thoughts about the
Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. I am glad that you had such a wonderful time and that we made a great 1st Impression from the time you pulled up into our parking lot. My staff works hard to ensure that your stay is the best.

I do hope that you had the opportunity to visit the surrounding area including the World's Most Famous Beach - Daytona Beach and maybe even one of the restaurants around us like Texas Roadhouse or 27 Fathoms.

I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to the Port Orange/Daytona area.

Tom Clapsaddle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My experience at CI&S, Port Orange,FL was excellent! The property is New,Fresh & Clean.The buffet breakfast was extensive, more than adaquite selection and presentation was first rate. After my stay where I had an oportunity to visit the hot tub & outdoor pool, I observed the staff to be "on their game"
courtious & helpful. Location, back off I-95 landscaped quiet and convenient.

Having requested a handicapped room, due to a diagnosed "foot drop",after declining back surgery, I e-mailed a suggestion that an additional handrail be placed at the rear of the tub to make transfer out of the shower safer. The General Manager, Tom immediataly responded that mantiance was notified and a handrail installed. Couldn't have asked for more attention to detailt than that.
I will be returning to this location in the future as family obligations dictate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments. I am thankful that you pointed out our blaring error during construction and opening of our hotel. I appreciate the fact that you stated what was needed in the room. I was only too happy to comply.

We are looking forward to your visits and please let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you while a guest of our hotel!

Tom Clapsaddle/General Manager
Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed August 12, 2012

we needed a sto after 12 hours of driving. I called Hampton and they were $170 for the night due to the "resort" location. We pulled into the Country Inn and Suites just off the highway and got 2 great rooms for $80 each with a wonderful breakfast. Quiet, pool, very good breakfast, cheap gas close by - really good find!!

Room Tip: we asked for away from the highway
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would recommend us to others. I have never been compared to a Ritz carlton before!
I am interested in knowing what more we could have done to earn your 5 circle ratin?. Any additional information that you could give me so that I can better the next guests hotel stay would be greatly appreciated. I can be reached at 386/760-0101 or tom.clapsaddle@countryinns.com.

I look forward to meeting you on your return trip to the Daytona Beach area!

Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This hotel is extremely well run and was a great place to stay. Warm and professional staff and very clean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments here on Trip Advisor. Please combine your next business trip with a little bit of leisure and head down to the World's Most Famous Beach - Daytona Beach or one of the top 20 Surfing Beaches - New Smyrna Beach - both only being 15 minutes from us.

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We just moved here from Germany, and have noticed that a lot of the hotels are not pet friendly:( We booked here, because they are pet friendly for our 2 boxers. The receptionist also booked us close to the side doors for easy potty breaks and walks. The location is within walking distance to everything. We ate a DELICIOUS breakfast both days we were here, and they really set the bar on what hotel breakfast should be. FRESH, VARIETY, and BOLD Coffee! Also, kept VERY clean and stocked consistently. The hotel and our room was SUPER CLEAN, and we slept like babies. We will be regulars here while we wait for our home to be finished! Seriously, don't stay anywhere else. You can walk to everything you need, and everything else is a short drive. LOVE IT! I wish our first stay was longer so we could have used the other amenities offered.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you so very much for your nice comments. Welcome to the USA. I am glad that we could accomodate you as well as your dogs. Please come back soon and do not forget to go see the World's Most Famous Beach - Daytona Beach, while you are here. We are only 5 miles from the white sand.

Port Orange, Florida
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We can't say enough good things about this awesome hotel. In addition to the great location, the facilities were super clean and the entire staff was extremely friendly. The manager, Marisol, really went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great place to stay in Port Orange, Florida. The beds were super comfortable, the breakfast was very good, the hotel had a nice workout room and a really nice pool. Without a doubt, this is the nicest hotel in the area!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I would like to say that I will let Marisol know of your kind words regarding her. Thank you so very much for your thoughts on our breakfast. I do hope that you had the opportunity to grab a cookie off of the front desk as well.

Look forward to meeting you on your return visit!

Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Best hotel I've been to ever!! 100% clean, spotless, comfortable (both feather and synthetic pillows in room - both very comfortable), housekeeping staff fantastic! Front desk staff exceptional. Honestly not one thing to complain about. Good free breakfast, computer and printer free to use, free laundry (nice machines), free cookies, fruit, hard candies, coffee, tea (including flavored teas), lending library. Artwork on walls cut above usual hotel decor. The list is endless. You must stay at this hotel when in Port Orange or Daytona Beach - beats any hotel in Daytona Beach area!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Wow - thank you for such a glowing review! I will make sure that my hotel associates are aware of the positive impact that they made upon you and your family.

I wanted to let you know that we are also only 15 minutes away from the World's Most Famous Beach - Daytona Beach!

I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to our area!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Orange
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Orange / Daytona
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
#1 of 13 in New Smyrna Beach
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Ocea...
#2 of 5 in Daytona Beach Shores
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront
#13 of 98 in Daytona Beach
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Ho...
#2 of 13 in New Smyrna Beach

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona? Share your experiences!