“Best wings I think I've ever had”
Review of Houligan's

Houligan's
Ranked #22 of 176 Restaurants in Port Orange
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: "A spirited sports grille".
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We are in Florida for the winter, and that means lots of restaurants for us! Living in an area of New Hampshire where there just isn't a whole lot going on, going out for lunch and dinner is one of the real treats I enjoy when we're away for the winter.

The other night, we got together with our friends and came out to Houligans, which they had recommended. They said, "If you like wings, you'll like Houligan's," and they were right!

Seriously, these are delicious! Broiled and totally non-greasy, and about 20 of them for about $16 or so. Yummy flavors. John & I have decided that we're going to start coming here on occasion just to have a drink and wings.

After we had our wings, we ordered a meal. Our friends each had a different type of salad (Cobb salad and a Chicken Pecan salad, which they both said was good. They were a good sized salad, and only about $10) and my husband ordered a Southwest Salad (had chicken, black beans and corn salsa) and he liked that. I had a hankering for fish & chips, so I ordered their Yuengling battered Fish & Chips. The fries were nothing special; however, I did enjoy the battered fish.

Our friends and my husband shared a pitcher of Yuengling, and enjoyed that. I had a glass of Cabernet and have to say it reminded me of Walmart brand wine. Plus, it was not much of a serving either. I've noticed that sports-types of places typically don't pay as much attention to the wine as to the beer for some reason. So, that's a thumbs down for me...

Finally, if you are a sports fan, this is a great place for you. TVs at every table, and literally lining the walls. This is distracting for me, but I wasn't there for a romantic dinner with my hubby. We were just out having a good time with friends. They told me that the server will turn off the TV at the table if you don't want it on.

I thought the prices were very reasonable, and the atmosphere is fun. The wings are the best.

We'll be going again while we're here this winter!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

This has become one of our favorite "watering holes" in Port Orange. Whether it's lunch/dinner or Sunday football, this place has the best sports pub ambiance!

The wait staff is pretty efficient and friendly and on occasion there is a rare, but incredibly delightful waiter (Johnathon). Absolutely hilarious! I now request if he is working EVERY time I go there.

As for the food, decent.... However, you must try the "Wallywings" as they are the BEST!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Third visit, was not disappointed! Hostess was on top of things. I took my 95 yr. old Mom in a wheelchair, she was at the door with it opened for us. No other restaurant in Port Orange does this for us. Our waiter was the best we've ever had from Maine to Fla.! There was nothing he overlooked. Had really fun time because of him.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

There is a good variety to choose from here - we were eating late so I shared the Buffalo Chicken salad with my husband (buffalo sauce on the side). It's a great salad and was plenty for both of us. With TVs everywhere it's definitely distracting and loud for conversation.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have a limited experience with Houligan's, but I would never have gone there if a friend, that is a "local", hadn't invited us to join her there. She and a friend go there every week for the wings. They serve "wally" wings, with several sauces. I wasn't very hungry the night we ate there , so I only got an appetizer - WOW! The appetizer I got was 6 wings and 3 ribs for $9.99. Way more than I could eat. The wings come with either ranch or blu cheese dipping sauce and some celery sticks. I can't say anything or the rest of the food there but if you like wings ...