“The best bar-b-q in town.”
Review of Sonny's BBQ

Sonny's BBQ
Ranked #60 of 175 Restaurants in Port Orange
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed September 27, 2012

They closed several Sonny's around here and I'm glad this one stayed open. We don't eat bar-b-q often, but when we get a hankering, this is where we go. The restaurant is always exceptionally clean, the staff very friendly and the food consistently good.

1  Thank Sherry F

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I love Sonny's BBQ, especially the ribs and salad bar!
Wish they had these in SC! I usually start eating at the first one I see in Georgia, at the beginning of my stay and continue eating throughout Florida! Great food, affordable, clean, great service!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

In Florida the best Bar-B-Q shops seem to be cafeteria style with picnic tables, plastic silverware, no service and no plates (just pile the meat on a paper towel on a tray). Sonny's is an exception to this rule, it's a real restaurant with real waitresses and real service. Their meats and sauces are very good. They have a very good salad bar which I order every time because you can add a full serving of the meat of your choice for a couple bucks more. The waitress might not mention it but the salad bar includes their Brunswick stew, a must have, which is your's for the asking. Ask for it.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Good service and great food! This time my ribs were good. The french fries were a little cold but they're great about replacing them with hot ones. The only setback was that the air conditioning was not working and it was hot and stuffy. Some people walked in and left right away. Still, it was overall a good experience!

Reviewed June 3, 2012

On June the 2nd my wife and two children 12 and 3 ate at the Sonny’s Restaurant on Dunlawton Avenue, Port Orange, FL. I have been a life long Sonny’s lover but the love affair came to an end. My 12 year old got 3 ribs one of which was an end piece. He wanted me to add he got 11 fries with his 2 ribs. My 3 year old got the turkey platter which had 3 shaved pieces of turkey. My wife and I had the big deal also with 3 shaved pieces of shaved turkey, but with garlic bread. In closing the service was great, the tea was great, however the food was very small portion size not that great. The bill also brought me some pain $37. I would have not cared about the money if it had not been so bad. It truly pains me to talk about a Sonny’s Restaurant this way after it having such a special place in my family’s heart for over 20 years. If Sonny Tillman were to eat there tomorrow he would be sad to see what has become of his restaurants. No wonder they have all closed. I would add one more to the list.