“Best restaurant in Port Orange FL - great seafood, wild game & interesting preparations.”
Review of 27 Fathoms - CLOSED

27 Fathoms
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Join us to experience Fine Dining Food in a Casual Atmosphere.
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I had the chipotle mahi wrap & blt salad - both well prepared & presented. Friends had ahi tuna rare with broccoli & risotto sides, and shrimp tempura sushi & crab corn chowder. Only issue was chowder could have been warmer. It was 99.99% perfect! Ate here 2 years ago & it was wonderful, but has gotten even better. Our waitress, Holly was superior - knew her wines & menu well & had a very pleasing personality. She deserves a raise! My only hesitation is the restaurant may get too popular & I will not be able to get back in! Perhaps I will come tomorrow & try the wild boar....

Reviewed February 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I had been meaning to try this place and actually had a Groupon to use. We will definitely be returning even without the discount! The portions were unreal. We tried to both a sushi roll and regular meals and we were so full after the sushi (we ordered it for an appetizer), we took most of our meal home! The server, Carrie, was amazingly attentive! Great food, great atmosphere.. we will be coming back to 27 Fathoms!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Our first time tonight... unbelievable. I've been in this area for 15 years. This food was amazing.

I look at the salt and pepper mills as the enemy!

We started with the bacon spinach saled and it was awesone.

My wife had the shrimp and grits... loved it!

I had the small filet with the twice baked potato and green beans. No seasoning neccessary,

If there had been a brown garlic butter smear along both sides of the plate, I would push for a michelin star!

Sheri at the bar was at the top of her game!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I dined here this weekend with my boyfriend and it was excellent. Service has to be worked on a bit but nothing that would keep me from returning. Food was delicious. Rock shrimp appetizer was wonderful. My scallops were perfect. We will definitely return.

I also want to respond to the below review titled "Rude Manager, Joe" I was a witness to this incident and it is funny how people who are involved first hand remember things differently. I understand your frustration on not being able to be sat and having to wait at a crowded bar, however you were a party of 6... maybe a reservation would have been in order? Also the only insults I saw thrown were on you and your parties part. You were swearing up a storm and I also recall your husband (?) getting in on it too. I applaud the manager for how he handed your rudeness.

1  Thank Lauren M
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Love the bison burger! Service is a bit slow, but food is worth the wait. Would love to see some new varieties of the bison burger - I get it every time.