“Great Service!”
Review of 27 Fathoms - CLOSED

27 Fathoms
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Join us to experience Fine Dining Food in a Casual Atmosphere.
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My son and I went to 27 Fathoms tonight I was just stopping in for an appetizer and something for my son. I ordered the kids cheeseburger and fries, very reasonably priced ill add, and I got the fried portobello mushrooms. Since the appetizers were buy one get one half off I got the fried green tomatoes as well. Our server was Holly and after reading the other reviews on here about her I must say she must have received the additional training they suggested because her service was flawless. I wasn't sure which sauce I wanted with my meal so she brought me everyone! If you love original homemade sauces Fathoms is the Mecca! The red sauce that came with the portobellos was my favorite! Everything came out hot fresh and delicious and quickly. I even had to leave in a rush and Holly quickly brought the check, boxes, and my favorite sauces in to go containers. I will definitely be back I also had a drink and my bill was only 15$ for everything. A++ service and cuisine! Run, don't walk!

1  Thank Thekeygurl
There are newer reviews for 27 Fathoms

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Read some not so great reviews especially about service. Decided to try it to find out for ourselves and use Groupon
Coupon. We loved it! Our waiter,Jason was great- knowledgable & pleasant without being intrusive. food was delicious. House salad highly recommended. I rarely order salads as they are not often more than bagged greens and boring dressing. These salads were stand outs. Entrees were equally good. Scallops, steaks and the signature chicken and waffles revisited all most tasty. If you've been hesitating run don't walk (swim?) to 27 Fathoms

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We have been there 5 times. This last time we ordered an appetizer Lobster Roll, enough for four people. It was huge. It also was a huge mess that fell apart. Two of us ordered the scallops and they consisted of four tiny over done and tough scallops on a glob of sticky mess of orzo. My husband had the wild bore, which was a small rack of dry and tasteless dry pork no bigger than lamb chops, no sauce. Our friend had the trio of game, which is what we would go back for. Was this worth $300? I think not. The Key Lime pie was the best of our dinner. I think the other desserts were not made there. We will go back, but only for the game meat. If you want seafood done right, go to Stonewood.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Seven us of went to the 27 Fathoms for lunch last Sunday. We were greeted and seated immediately by a very helpful and friendly host. The meals were delicious and service was excellent. The french fries are homemade and excellent. We had the fried tomato sandwich and chicken sandwich with onion straws both very good. The fish and chips was also ordered and reported to be wonderful. The wait staff is very friendly and helpful. The whole party gave it a thumbs up..

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Everyone in our group of six thoroughly enjoyed their meals, from Grouper and pancakes, to Filet Mignon for the meat eaters. We didn't go for the Groupon deal, which they probably offered to off-set the terrible service. The food stands up on it's own, but the service hold's this establishment back from getting a 5 star review. Quality without Service. Pity!