“Great burger: TERRIBLE Fries...”

Daily Grind Burgers
Ranked #21 of 171 Restaurants in Port Orange
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We dined here last summer on vacation and EVERYTHING was outstanding. We were heading back to South Carolina from Disney and stopped here for dinner. Our number was called and when I picked up the first 2 sandwiches that were ready, I tried one of the fries and it was lukewarm at best. I mentioned this to an employee and he had a pained look on his face and said leave the sandwiches. I noticed that there were 2 baskets of fries done and just sitting above the "fry oil".

It then took quite awhile for our food to be ready and our number to be "recalled". When I went to pick up our order (a total of 5 burgers - two 5 ounce and three 7 ounce, the fries with the two smaller sandwiches were really not much better. We had ordered a basket of fries, also, and these were not hot and fresh (the only way that fries should be served) like the ones that came with our meals back in the summer. This was on a Saturday night over the Thanksgiving weekend and I really believe that the workers were just not being as thorough because the big boss was not there. It is easier to just have a bunch of fries on hand and not continue to drop them in smaller amounts when needed.

Anyways, I should have just taken the basket of fries up and got a refund after we finished our burgers. We should have received our burgers and when the HOT fries were done, they should have been hand carried out to us with a smile and an apology.

I did pick up 3 of their chocolate chip cookies for the boys and they raved about them.

We are coming back to the area in early summer and might return. If so I will explain that I am paying for and expect to receive hot food.

Lastly, their burgers really are very good. Too bad that we received poor service.

There are newer reviews for Daily Grind Burgers

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Since all of their meat is freshly ground, you can order your burger rare. I love this! Everything here is great. It is family owned and operated, for the most part, and they have one of those awesome soda machines that you have a million choices to choose from. You add your own toppings at the toppings bar, lettuce, tomato etc. The food is top quality. I recommend the sweet potato fries if you tend to like them. Make your burger into a salad if you're watching carbs, too.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Very good blend and fresh product. The burgers were cooked perfectly, the service was good and it's better than the Fancy Pavillion Burger joints.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

No doubt we will be back! Had steak hamburger and loved it. Fresh meat ground while you wait! Fast service... friendly staff..clean. re

Electronic drink dispenser that my 7 year holds loved:-)

1  Thank lisboa09
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Great place for fresh ground burgers. We ordered one rare and one medium well...both came as what we ordered....perfect. Seating is a little tight. They do have a good bar full of burger fixings and the coolest soda machine I have ever seen. Have been there two times and would highly recommend it to those who want quality over speed and quantity. A great value for what you get. My title says it all...if you are use to fast food burger joints, then this is not your place. But if you want a "heirloom burger" experience...check it out.