Knew hotel was being remodeled (thanks TripAdvisor reviews) but it was the only room in town at the time. Front desk clerk pleasant and promised us a remodeled room, explaining that the third floor hall wallpaper still needed to be done and lobby carpet to be installed. The lobby had a strange smell and floor was bare concrete. Not great for eating breakfast. As for the remodeled rooms, Hampton is definitely skimping on this remodel. Bare bones furnishings with bathroom vanity too short for wall space and hair dryers not mounted on wall. Coffee & micro station nice, but AC very loud. We try to always stay in Hampton when traveling, but this was a disappointment. Maybe when completed, this hotel will be up to Hampton standards, but they probably should have reduced prices while remodeling. However, why should they, when it may be the only "inn" available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a relaxing and rewarding stay at the newly refurbished Hampton Inn Port Charlotte hotel. Discover the old world tranquility and spectacular wildlife of Charlotte Harbor. Our inviting hotel is nestled on a private lake in the prestigious Deep Creek area of Port Charlotte, Florida. Unwind on pristine beaches or enjoy world-class fishing expeditions and peaceful river excursions near the hotel. Visit the charming town of Punta Gorda and view historic mansions or dine and shop in Fisherman’s Village.Relax in a comfortable guest room with thoughtful amenities at Hampton Inn Port Charlotte hotel recently completely remodeled in 2013. Unwind with a movie or selection of premium channels on a 32-inch HD flat-screen TV. Stay connected with business with free high speed internet access and catch up with work at the desk. Wake up to Hampton’s free hot breakfast overlooking Sandhill Lake. Even if you're in a rush, don't miss the most important meal of the day. On your way out, simply grab one of our free Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bags, available Monday to Friday, for a quick, healthy meal to go. Revive with an energizing workout in the fitness center or a refreshing swim in the pool. Make business easy in the business center complete with helpful amenities and services.All newly remodeled rooms include Hampton's Cloud 9 Bed and Bedding, complete with fresh, clean duvet covers and triple sheeting. Our rooms not only feature all Hampton standard amenities, but also 32" HD TV, but refrigerators, microwaves, coffee makers and a laptop tray for your use. Hampton Inn thinks of everything a guest needs, and the Port Charlotte location offers a 100% new property. Enjoy our new Sundry Shop, Fitness Center, Pool Area and Business Center, as well as lobby, breakfast area and guest rooms. When you leave the Hampton Inn Port Charlotte, you will be well rested and energized for work or leisure travel! Come Feel The Hamptonality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda Hotel Port Charlotte
- Port Charlotte Hampton Inn