First I'd like to say that this hotel is a bit older but they are currently renovating for the better. The manager explained to me what was going to be done and it will be like a new hotel when it's completed. The third floor was down so they had limited rooms, but I still ended up with a first floor lake view room. I was very happy about that, a much better then the parking lot. I was visiting some family in the area with husband and we were there for a few days. Very nice hotel from downstairs. I didn't go upstairs, I had no reason to. The pool was very nice, for one day. They are resurfacing the pool area and it has been down for a few days. I think they had said it would be back up and running by monday the 17th.
The staff was wonderful. So helpful with directions and places to eat in the area. Applebees is right next door but being there for a week we needed some other food source. Bella Napoli is very good, as well as Donatos which are both Italian food restaurants. They recommended Fishersman Village for seafood, which was very good. There are a bunch of shops there, very nice to walk around in. Plus, it was right on the water. Absolutely beautiful.
Breakfast was good for the most part. If we got out there between 6-7:30 the breakfast was still hot. I got up late a few days and had breakfast around 9:30-10 and it was cold. not very happy about that. But they do have a wide range of foo to enjoy. The coffee was always hot and the waffles we delicious.
Overall, I will definitely stay here again and I'm looking forward to seeing the finish product of the renovations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a relaxing and rewarding stay at the newly refurbished Hampton Inn Port Charlotte hotel. Discover the old world tranquility and spectacular wildlife of Charlotte Harbor. Our inviting hotel is nestled on a private lake in the prestigious Deep Creek area of Port Charlotte, Florida. Unwind on pristine beaches or enjoy world-class fishing expeditions and peaceful river excursions near the hotel. Visit the charming town of Punta Gorda and view historic mansions or dine and shop in Fisherman’s Village.Relax in a comfortable guest room with thoughtful amenities at Hampton Inn Port Charlotte hotel recently completely remodeled in 2013. Unwind with a movie or selection of premium channels on a 32-inch HD flat-screen TV. Stay connected with business with free high speed internet access and catch up with work at the desk. Wake up to Hampton’s free hot breakfast overlooking Sandhill Lake. Even if you're in a rush, don't miss the most important meal of the day. On your way out, simply grab one of our free Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bags, available Monday to Friday, for a quick, healthy meal to go. Revive with an energizing workout in the fitness center or a refreshing swim in the pool. Make business easy in the business center complete with helpful amenities and services.All newly remodeled rooms include Hampton's Cloud 9 Bed and Bedding, complete with fresh, clean duvet covers and triple sheeting. Our rooms not only feature all Hampton standard amenities, but also 32" HD TV, but refrigerators, microwaves, coffee makers and a laptop tray for your use. Hampton Inn thinks of everything a guest needs, and the Port Charlotte location offers a 100% new property. Enjoy our new Sundry Shop, Fitness Center, Pool Area and Business Center, as well as lobby, breakfast area and guest rooms. When you leave the Hampton Inn Port Charlotte, you will be well rested and energized for work or leisure travel! Come Feel The Hamptonality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda Hotel Port Charlotte
- Port Charlotte Hampton Inn