“Floridas friendliest hotel zip 33983”

Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Port Charlotte
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Floridas friendliest hotel zip 33983”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We stayed at Hampton Inn at 24480 Sandhill Boulevard, Pt Charlotte Fl 33983 in November 2011.
We intended to stay 1 night originally but we were so delighted by the attitude of EVERY staff member that we stayed an extra night.
Nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast was terrific and will be staying there again soon.
There are a few hotels to choose from at this Interstate Exit but choosing this one meant we hit on a winner!!!

FIVE STARS ALL ROUND!!! Thank you ALL !!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Tonya G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for staying with us an additional night, and the staff was very thankful for your review!

We hope your travels bring your back to Port Charlotte, FL as our property has changed and grown with the times, and we think you would be very impressed it with it now! We have much more in the area now!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback,

Tonya G McCandless, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Richmond, California
Reviewed November 3, 2011

i had treveled to this area from California for work. My hotel was to be paid in advance by my company. When i checked in i found out that my company failed and never pre-paid for me. I was to be there for 2+ weeks. The bill would have been in the thousands. I simply paid for the first night in cash and the hotel allowed me to stay for the next 4 days without payment until i was able to get my company to follow through. All the while i got service as if the bill was being covered. They never hassled me coming and going, they never asked to hold my personal bank card info as an exchange. Breakfast was good. Room had a humidifier. Over all very pleased.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 17, 2011

i would like to extend my appreciation for the hospitality i received while i stayed at your hotel. THe entire staff was amazing in there help especially Carolyn, Anne, and Barbara. everything i needed they provided for me i will definatley continue use this hotel.... keep up the good work

1 Thank socrates p
Plant City, Florida
Reviewed August 11, 2011

The people working at the hotel, made my stay a wounderful experience. They went out of there ways to get what i needed, when they didnt have to. Also every day i was greeted with a smile, that goes a long way.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ruben b
Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I stay at this hotel very frequently due to my job. The staff is wonderful, always friendly and helpful. The rooms are very well kept and cleaned very well and timely each day.
Barbara always knows who I am when I call and the evening part-time front desk staff, Mike [I believe his name ] always greets me by name upon my arrival.
All of the staff treat you very well and make you feel very welcome and at home away from home.
I highly recommend this property.

EJC

1 Thank Elliejane317
Rotonda West, Florida
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I have stayed at this Hampton several occasions and it has always held true for me. The staff make you feel at home and are very helpful. I am looking foward as always on my return.

1 Thank midnightrider50
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This is one of the nicest hotels and area I have ever frequented in all my travels. The grounds were immaculate. That is first and foremost for me as the outside appearance of a hotel can easily deter me from even entering the door. Upon approaching the front desk the smell of fresh baked cookies engulfed the lobby. We got the immediate feeling we were at home when we were greeted by the staff. I can only assume they are treated very well as their smiles were warm and genuine.

We were fortunate enough to get a room with lakeside view as the hotel was not full so we were offered a free upgrade. I have to say the rate is extremely affordable as well. Honestly I would not mind paying another $20-$30 for the room we got. The manager Tonya graced us with a King sized bedroom and a private balcony with a lakeside view! The room was very clean and spacious, toiletries were plentiful and the linen was fluffy and fresh! The bed was extremely comfortable. We even slept in a couple mornings and missed breakfast. The one day that we actually woke up early enough we were pleasantly surprised. There was no reason to eat out! We ate fresh waffles and eggs from the buffet and everything was more than fresh, hot and sufficient. We enjoyed fruit and fresh coffee and juice as well. We initially intended to stay with family and we are glad we decided against that!

One evening we were free from the family and decided to find something private to do in the area. Michael at the front desk assisted us with a bubbly and helpful personality!!! Michael directed us to the perfect place.....Visani's Comedy Club Dinner and Theater right down the road. What a hot spot! Visani's on the outside resembles a castle, so we were a little concerned about our attire as we were casually dressed. Just as we suspected it was a very upscale place, but when we entered the dinner and theater we immediately relaxed as we realized there was formal to casually dressed patrons. We ordered dinner and wine and were informed by our friendly waiter that Michael Winslow a professional Comedy Zone comedian was about to perform! We've seen his movies and were we ecstatic to see him perform. His stand up was hilarious! We were not expecting professional entertainment and a spectacular food and service all in one little spot! And didn't spend an arm and a leg!

I could go on and on all day about this stay so I'm going to keep it simple now...I found no fault with this property or this area and I would return again and again. THANK YOU FOR A TERRIFIC STAY HAMPTON INN PORT CHARLOTTE!!!

Room Tip: King with balcony and lakeside view!!