Tripadvisor
Port Charlotte
Review Highlights
Good venue, volume could use monitoring

Reviewed December 29, 2018
thetowguy
Florida
Friendly Staff, Comfortable Seating, Volume Way Too Loud !

Reviewed August 3, 2018

from $35.90
from $65.39
from $43.08
More Info
All reviews staff was friendly friday night movie volume commercials seating
Selected filters
Reviewed January 5, 2020

Being a Adam Sandler was excited for another of his movie with critics reviews 94. Terrible & wore me out movie language over the line terrible with 6 customers walking out. WISH we had just kept hoping......also read after that viewers score was 54 totally agree

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed October 3, 2019 via mobile

Needs to be updated to power recliners in stadium setting! Popcorn also was substandard with excessive kernels. Senior discount wasn’t significant considering current state of theater. Unfortunately there is no other competition in the area.

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed December 29, 2018

Went on a Friday night with my wife just after Christmas. Nothing much stands out either pro or con, but I will say I can echo the "too loud" comments made by other reviewers. This is apparently not an isolated problem as we went to a movie with our kids earlier in the week on the other side of the state (an AMC theater) and the sound level was too high there as well. Seating is comfortable and the staff was friendly.

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed November 10, 2018

After the mass shooting at a theater years ago, my husband (who's father once owned many theaters in CT) and I decided to never again go to a movie. We have traveled the world and don't consider ourselves too fearful but this was our decision. Until "A Star is Born" was released. Having loved the 1976 version all these years, I was determined to go see this one on the Big Screen, against my own better judgment. I was so excited to see this movie! I walked in and was surprised by two things; one was the size of their customer service desk (I thought "Wow! Do they have a lot of problems here that they need a desk THAT SIZE?") and two, "Omg they now sell beer and wine at movies?". I had no idea that those two things would end my evening. Since I was alone, I happily sat close to the front as my hearing and my sight have changed over the years and I didn't want to miss a thing. For most of the movie, I could concentrate but slowly these two inebriated women became louder and louder with their non-stop chatter. One couple behind them got up and left. Soon, I had to plug my right ear in order to be able to listen. I kept hearing "SHHHHHHHHHH!" from someone behind me. At one point, a woman went out and I hoped it was to get an "usher" but they got even louder to the point of even quiet me saying "For God's sake, will you please be quiet" but they didn't. I tried so hard to block them out but the movie was RUINED. The two women left before the final few seconds and they left the most awful mess; 2 huge buckets of popcorn dumped over, etc. I never complain but this was something so ruined for me that I had to. As I was approaching the HUGE customer service desk, 3 women sitting many rows behind me, were approaching for the same thing. I started telling the service desk rep what had happened. I wasn't there to get my money back. I was there to be heard. I didn't yell; I never do. My question was why, with today's world, are those screening rooms not looked at every so often by an usher? The woman behind the desk gave us every excuse but without being genuinely kind. I've owned businesses and as a travel professional, I can say that, as customer service is my life. I was keeping my sanity until the 3 women, who were there to complain as well, got angry, as one of them had indeed left the movie to request the LOUD ladies be removed. I became upset to learn that nothing was done even with a request. The service rep gave a trite reply that they don't send ushers in as it will interrupt the other guests. Are you kidding? What if there's a danger? At that point, I knew there was no point and that enough of my time had been wasted. I turned to leave and dropped to the floor with a pain I pray I never experience again in the back of my head. The other 3 women complaining grabbed a bench for me until the ambulance came. They got so upset over the whole thing they told the service rep to at least give us free tickets. And actually had to shame her into doing so. I refused mine as my movie days are sadly over. Once at the local hospital, I was there 4 hours as they were concerned I'd suffered an aneurysm. Nope. Come to find out, I had a tension headache, they feel. I am following through though with a neurologist, as directed. The pain was as if someone slammed the back of my head with a 2x4 and it stayed for 2 days. I am never sick, always happy and never complain. I can't believe that a theater, competing with home movies today, would treat patrons callously. I get serving alcohol to make money but monitor the audience then. Everything is money today. I'm so sad that I couldn't enjoy it and that it has cost me quite a bit. Up until that all happened I was going to come home and tell my husband that we really should start going again as some movies should be seen on the big screen. But not now, not me, never again. I say shame on the theater in many areas and I wish I could thank the ladies who stayed with me until the ambulance.

Date of experience: November 2018
7  Thank Smileywaggin
Reviewed August 3, 2018

We attended a late afternoon movie. The staff was very friendly. We, along with others in the theater, thought the volume of the commercials, previews and movie were extremely loud. I went out to tell a staff member who said the manager would take care of it, but the volume did not seem to get any less loud. It detracted from the enjoyment. New, comfortable seating.

Date of experience: August 2018