All reviews restaurant next door front desk jazz club room was clean first floor stay there again oatmeal the staff was friendly and helpful restaurants and shopping nice breakfast nice pool housekeeping staff nice stay great place to stay punta gorda bob jd
Reviewed April 8, 2013

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2013

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife and I decided to see a Rays Spring Training game. Chose this motel because it was nearest to the stadium, on U.S. 41, and near restaurants. Room was very clean and appropriately stocked. However, I question the value. Trip Adviser says it is about $75/night. However, our charges were more than double that. I know it is spring training, but $172 for a night's stay was out of bounds. The breakfast was mediocre, at best. Coffee, juice, pastries, toast and "French Toast." I had better at a non-chain, nondescript motel near Lincoln, Nebr. last summer.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Tracy33, Director of Sales at Days Inn by Wyndham Port Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for staying with the Days Inn Port Charlotte, and for providing your feedback. We are pleased that you liked the location, and the rooms. Our guests love the 37” TV’s, comfortable beds, duvet covers, triple sheeting, refrigerators, microwaves, and all the other fine amenities! Even before the Rays starting having Spring Training in Port Charlotte, our rates have been $149-$159 in March. We assume the price given includes tax.

Our breakfast doesn’t include French Toast. It does include other items listed as well as homemade quiche, fresh pancake made by a pancake machine, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, pop tarts, cereals, and all the common continental items. We regret you didn’t enjoy our breakfast, and we welcome any suggestions! Our rates from April to December are much lower, and if you ever want to catch a Rays rehab game or Stone Crabs game please let me know at tracy.lehn@yahoo.com.

As far as Spring Training, it helps to book ahead and if possible catch a February game or late March game. The first two weeks of March are very busy. Please contact me in advance for a Rays fan discount while they last! I always do my best to assist fans, but it helps to book well in advance. I hope this information will help you next year! Thanks again for staying with us and providing your valued feedback.

Warmest regards,

Tracy G Lehn, Director of Sales

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Had to come to the area for a funeral service and not too many hotels. Used our AARP and got a great rate. Upon checking in asked if we could have a quiet room which we thought would be impossible in a small inn. Gave us an end room and whether it was just luck or they blocked it, next door room not used for entire week. The gals who work 3-11PM were wonderful reps of this hotel...always smiling and accommodated us with several requests. Breakfast buffet was sufficient. Housekeepers were great and respectful. We were grateful for the large safe in the room but our only criticism was the $l. a day charge on our check out for "safe with limited warranty"....no big deal but we have stayed at resort hotels throughout the world and never encountered this charge. The woman who owns this hotel, Linda, also owns the JD's Bistro next door....30 years ago it was Johnny Be Good bar....now it is a.very classy, upscale restaurant and lounge with nightly entertainment....not too many upscale restaurants in this area and they were packed. This is a great hotel if you need to be in this area of FL.

Room tip: End rooms would be quieter.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Tracy33, Owner at Days Inn by Wyndham Port Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such kind words after your stay with us. It is often hard to respond to all the reviews, and your stay was so special. We regret the reason, but we are happy that we could provide you with a comfortable, quiet, and enjoyable hotel and dining expereince. I am so proud of JD's Bistro and Grille and you should see all the improvements! The staff and I hope you can plan a trip just for fun, and enjoy all our area has to offer! Thanks again for taking the time to provide your review, as it means so much to the staff and myself.

Warmest Wishes,