“i will be staying here again”

Days Inn Port Charlotte
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Port Charlotte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife and I decided to see a Rays Spring Training game. Chose this motel because it was nearest to the stadium, on U.S. 41, and near restaurants. Room was very clean and appropriately stocked. However, I question the value. Trip Adviser says it is about $75/night. However, our charges were more than double that. I know it is spring training, but $172 for a night's stay was out of bounds. The breakfast was mediocre, at best. Coffee, juice, pastries, toast and "French Toast." I had better at a non-chain, nondescript motel near Lincoln, Nebr. last summer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracy33, Director of Sales at Days Inn Port Charlotte, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for staying with the Days Inn Port Charlotte, and for providing your feedback. We are pleased that you liked the location, and the rooms. Our guests love the 37” TV’s, comfortable beds, duvet covers, triple sheeting, refrigerators, microwaves, and all the other fine amenities! Even before the Rays starting having Spring Training in Port Charlotte, our rates have been $149-$159 in March. We assume the price given includes tax.

Our breakfast doesn’t include French Toast. It does include other items listed as well as homemade quiche, fresh pancake made by a pancake machine, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, pop tarts, cereals, and all the common continental items. We regret you didn’t enjoy our breakfast, and we welcome any suggestions! Our rates from April to December are much lower, and if you ever want to catch a Rays rehab game or Stone Crabs game please let me know at tracy.lehn@yahoo.com.

As far as Spring Training, it helps to book ahead and if possible catch a February game or late March game. The first two weeks of March are very busy. Please contact me in advance for a Rays fan discount while they last! I always do my best to assist fans, but it helps to book well in advance. I hope this information will help you next year! Thanks again for staying with us and providing your valued feedback.

Warmest regards,

Tracy G Lehn, Director of Sales
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Had to come to the area for a funeral service and not too many hotels. Used our AARP and got a great rate. Upon checking in asked if we could have a quiet room which we thought would be impossible in a small inn. Gave us an end room and whether it was just luck or they blocked it, next door room not used for entire week. The gals who work 3-11PM were wonderful reps of this hotel...always smiling and accommodated us with several requests. Breakfast buffet was sufficient. Housekeepers were great and respectful. We were grateful for the large safe in the room but our only criticism was the $l. a day charge on our check out for "safe with limited warranty"....no big deal but we have stayed at resort hotels throughout the world and never encountered this charge. The woman who owns this hotel, Linda, also owns the JD's Bistro next door....30 years ago it was Johnny Be Good bar....now it is a.very classy, upscale restaurant and lounge with nightly entertainment....not too many upscale restaurants in this area and they were packed. This is a great hotel if you need to be in this area of FL.

Room Tip: End rooms would be quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracy33, Owner at Days Inn Port Charlotte, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share such kind words after your stay with us. It is often hard to respond to all the reviews, and your stay was so special. We regret the reason, but we are happy that we could provide you with a comfortable, quiet, and enjoyable hotel and dining expereince. I am so proud of JD's Bistro and Grille and you should see all the improvements! The staff and I hope you can plan a trip just for fun, and enjoy all our area has to offer! Thanks again for taking the time to provide your review, as it means so much to the staff and myself.

Warmest Wishes,

Liinda Grother
Canton, North Carolina
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I was a vendor at the Spring Spectacular in Port Charlotte, and the Days Inn was the "host" hotel. I found everything GREAT.....room clean, bed comfortable, and employees most accomodating upon check in....even got a phone call once I had arrived in my room to make sure that everything was okay. However, upon check out, I asked to pay in cash instead of having my credit card charged, and was advised that it was not possible, since the card had already been charged. Was not happy with this at all, but didn't want to make a scene on Easter morning....will remember this the next time I return. I'm positive that the transaction could have been "backed out," and there were not others waiting in the lobby, so I feel that it just was an "inconvenience" for the check out clerk that he didn't want to undertake. : (

Room Tip: If there's a possibility that you're going to be paying with cash instead of a card upon che...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank vsp1524
Tracy33, Owner at Days Inn Port Charlotte, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your show, and for providing your honest feedback. We appreciate all the positive comments! However our concern has been the check out experience feedback. The desk clerk remembers checking you out, since your review made it easy to find your reservation.

He remembers having a wonderful conversation with you, but not the request for cash payment. We always happily accept when guests prefer to pay with cash at check out, which is common. The only time we can’t is when someone books with a third party website, where they pay that website at the time of booking. Also, when someone uses a debit card we’re often concerned about how long it will take the bank to remove a hold, and we share all of this with the guest to make sure we best serve them. We always strive to do what’s best for the guest.

Since you booked directly with us, it would be our policy to happily take cash payment at check out! The desk clerk has been with us a long time, and he is very disappointed and concerned about this. He doesn’t know how he could have misunderstood your conversation, or request to pay cash. We believe you asked to pay cash as it was a very sincere review, and he doesn’t know how he missed it. We love accepting cash at check out, and we guarantee it’s not an inconvenience in any way! We deeply apologize for any misunderstanding, and regret that we somehow missed this opportunity to exceed your expectations. Please accept not only the desk clerk’s deepest apologies, but the owner’s as well. Again, we appreciate your feedback as we will use it to improve our guests’ experiences.

Warmest regards,

Tracy Grother Lehn, Director of Sales & Marketing
Karthaus, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Last Thanksgiving I had to come to Port Charlotte somewhat unexpectedly. The Day's Inn was extremely convenient, clean and friendly. Rates were good. I wish it had been warmer as the pool looked good too, but it was too cold for swimming. Good Breakfast offerings too. Yes, I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from US 41, although the hotel sets far enough back to buffer some of the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GEORGE M
Thank you for staying with us and taking your time to provide feedback! We are so pleased that you would recommend us! Our goal is to exceed your expectations and earn a top rating of 5! If there’s anything we could have done to improve your stay, please let us know. Thanks again for staying with us, and we hope we can further exceed your expectations next time!

Warmest Regards,

Tracy Lehn, Director of Sales
fort lauderdale
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised when I checked in here. Usually Days Inn have a reputation for being a low budget choice, but my room was immaculate and large. In fairness, I guess the rates of this hotel are higher than he average Days Inn, but then again, there are nor a lot of options in this location.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank unirhere
Thank you for staying with us and taking your time to provide feedback! Our goal is to exceed your expectations and earn a top rating of 5! If there’s anything we could have done to improve your stay, please let us know. Our highest season in SWFL is March, however April to December rates are back to that normal average. We still offer so much more than brand standards, at a fair price. There are other hotels in the area, and they were priced at our rate or higher depending on brand. It was just the time of year! Thanks again for staying with us, and we hope we can further exceed your expectations next time!

Warmest Regards,

Tracy Lehn, Director of Sales
Kettering, Ohio
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I would like to start off by saying what life savers the staff at the Days Inn is. I didn't actually have the opportunity to stay with them due to the corporate 800 number booking a room for me when then were actually sold out.
My husband and I were traveling by motorcycle from Key West to Atlanta. We knew that the weather for 3/23 was going to be dicey, but did not expect the thunderstorms that started on 3/22 at about 10 pm. We stopped to eat, called the 800 number and was delighted to find a room less than a mile a way. That was quickly dashed as when we arrived - we were told that they did not have a room available and the corporate office should never have booked us a room. By this time the rain was coming down in buckets. Called the 800 number and explained what happened- they offered us a room 25 miles south or maybe something 50 miles away - I didn't see any hope
The staff at the desk jumped on it for us- the started calling hotels in the area and explained our situation. They were able to secure us a room at a Holiday Inn Express about 5 miles away. I was in the verge of tears when they told me
I wish I would have gotten their names - but they were our savior that night. Don't know when I will be passing this way again- but I will defiantly stay with them

• Stayed March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Charlotte
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Port Charlotte-Punta Gorda
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Charlotte
Sleep Inn & Suites Port Charlotte
Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside
Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda

Been to Days Inn Port Charlotte? Share your experiences!