“Awesome place to stay.......”

Days Inn Port Charlotte
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Port Charlotte
Baltimore, MD
“Awesome place to stay.......”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I stayed at this hotel this month, and I was amazed. From the great service I received at the front desk, to the maintenance man I saw outside, this place was exceptional!!!! Definitely way better than any other Days Inn I have stayed at. The rooms were immaculate and the property was beautiful!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Kris T
Tracy33, Director of Sales at Days Inn Port Charlotte, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Kris T,

Thank you for the amazing review and for staying with us at the Days Inn Port Charlotte! We don't take such positive feedback lightly, and made sure our staff was thanked for their outstanding service. We strive to exceed guest expectations daily, and we hope we have plenty of chances to serve you in the future!

Tracy G Lehn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Winter Haven
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Stayed here on December 10, 2011. Nice room. Wonderful breakfast. Best I have ever seen. Good location. Will definitely stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank sdjones33881
We deeply thank you for such a wonderful review, and we strive to exceed our guests expectations by constantly improving the hotel and it's amenities. We hope you have enjoyed your return visits, and thank you again for the kind words.

Thank you for selecting Days Inn Port Charlotte!

Best Regards,

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed November 8, 2011

This past May my husband and I stayed here for a week. It was located close to many beaches, restaurants and shopping. The location is perfect if you're looking to go to more than one beach each day. The hotel has been totally remodeled, the rooms beautifully decorated and with every convenience imaginable. The staff was outstanding, friendly, welcoming and always accommodating. As it sits back from the street, it's quiet and peaceful. The owners also own the restaurant next door, JD's Bistro, and the food is absolutely fabulous - even better than Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and much less expensive. The restaurant can be romantic or just a great place to meet with friends. Our experience was so enjoyable and wonderful that we will continue to stay here with each family visit to Florida.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kathleen H
Dear Kathleen,

Thank you for staying with us and writing such a beautiful and wonderful review about our hotel, staff, and adjoining restaurant! We did share it with the staff when it was received, and it is deeply appreciated. We hope your travels bring you here often, as we enjoy to continue to exceed our guests expectations. It is feedback like yours that motivates and inspires us.

Thank you!

Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 23, 2011

stayrd their the last 4years and had on problems was treated good will see you on the 29th

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank tankman1138
Thank you for staying with us so often at the Days Inn Port Charlotte. We enjoy serving our repeat guests, and please let us know if there's ever anything we can do to further exceed your expectations.

Tracy Lehn
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 13, 2011

My son and I go to Port Charlotte, Florida every spring or summer to visit my brother and go deep sea fishing on his boat. The fishing was great (we are catch and release only). I wrote a review last year that highly reciommended this motel. Our experience this year was much different.

We arrived late but had a 7 night reservation with late check-in. No problem.. The first night my son got into bed and felt something strange crawling up his leg. He jumped out of bed and found he had visitor. It was a BEETLE!! My son killed the beetle but he had to take half of my bedding since he would not get back into the bed without other bedding and because we were tired after driving from the Tampa airport. We reported it to the house keeping staff the next morning and they changed all the bedding on both beds. Two nights later, there was some kind of event going on locally and the motel was booked solid. The fighting noise from our upstairs neighbors - all night long- kept us awake or woke us up.The only rest we got (for two nights in a row) was either at my brothers house or while out on his boat.

I need to qualify all of my comments with the following: The hotel was responsive to all our complaints. It has all the same amenities it has always had. Refridgerator, air conditioner, dehumiderfier, microwave, and a great free breakfast! These are ammenities most motels/hotels don't give you for free when you book a room. So, you need to consider this in deciding whether to stay here or someplace else.

I personally got sick during the middle of our vacation (food poisioning from a resteraunt my brother likes) and stayed in our room the entire day. The hotel staff was extremely helpful.

Woul;d I stay here again - you bet! One abberation will not stop me from trying again. If I have problems again, I'll post them on this site.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room facing the rear of the property to minimize noise.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank tfly5331
Lisa_Minott, Guest Services/Sales Manager at Days Inn Port Charlotte, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Thank you for an honest review.

I'm glad housekeeping was attentive to your needs. I'm guessing the beetle situation stopped at that one, as you did indicate you stayed multiple nights thereafter. I guess it's always possible even with regular pest control prevention, that they can fly in when the door is opened even briefly.

We apologize for the noise issue as it is generally very quiet this time of year. There was a craft show going on in the area during your stay so the hotel was full. You didn't indicate if you addressed management with the noise. However, in the future, please feel free to inform the desk immediately. We have a zero tolerance noise policy especially after hours.

Thank you for recognizing our efforts in adding amenities to make our customers more comfortable. I had a customer tell me she stayed in a ritzy hotel that charged $10.00 plus tax/ nightly for a mini refrigerator (that had to be delivered to the room!) So we are glad we could provide that convenience to each of our guests!

Keep in mind that we are frequently adding new amenities to better serve you!

Thank you for your patronage!

We look forward to having you back!
Sebring, Florida
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Morning clerk Bob, was notified at 8 AM after receiving wake-up call and attempted to shower, and found broken. Maintenance was called and attempted to repair which took until 8:35 to get working. Maintenance said that the head was broken. So we were unable to shower as we had to be to work at 9:00 AM.
I informed Bob that I felt that some compensation should be given for the inconvenience. He informed me that the day Manager must be notified. So Monday I called and spoke with Lisa Minott the Customer Service Manager and made her aware of the incidence, which she said it would be investigated and I would be receiving a response. I was called an hour later by the same clerk Bob from Sunday morning. His response that there would be no compensation and he actually accused us of turning the shower the wrong way and he claimed that the Maintenance person fixed the problem in less than ten minutes Which is not the case. So I asked him if he was accusing my family of lying and he said yes. He said that his decision came directly from the owner. I Re-called to speak with Lisa [--] The Customer Service Manager to find out why if she was the manager why this was given back to the day clerk, and she now became very rude and defensive and stated that there decision was made. Worst Customer Service Ever, Welcome to the Day's Inn. Stay elsewhere!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a different Hotel
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank WilliamB663
Lisa_Minott, Guest Relations/Sales Manager at Days Inn Port Charlotte, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
We apologize that your stay was anything less than exceptional. Our goal is to exceed all customer expectations. However, we realize issues do occur even at the ritziest of hotels. Bob (acting manager over the weekend) and maintenance states that this was a minor issue and took 5-10 minutes to fix. Our records prove the same. We resolved the issue immediately. We apologize that you were unable to take a shower for your 9am appointment. As you stated, maintenance got it working at 8:35am. Our check-out is not until 11am and we also honor late check-out requests. We provided ample time for you to shower.

As a chairman’s award winning and newly renovated property, we make every effort to exceed Days Inn standards in every category. Our “A” rated inspections and guest survey scores over the past 25 years support our efforts.

It is possible (as Bob suggested) that it was turned the wrong way in error. He never suggested YOU did it as I was sitting behind him listening to the conversation. You misunderstood him and proceeded to call him a “**PROFANE** LIAR”. Even after that verbal attack, he was never rude to you. He simply stated “with that being said, the conversation was over”.

I’m not surprised by your poor review as you threatened upon our last conversation that you would be defaming us all over the web if we did not comp you. You did use our facilities and our amenities. Your rate was previously discounted $25.00 as you were part of a valued group. As we value your patronage, we took care of your issue immediately.

We also apologize the craft show suffered from the rain all weekend. We know it wasn’t as successful as past years. We were disappointed for all the vendors.
Florida
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We were really pleasantly surprised with this property. The rooms were very very clean and comfortable. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. Would highly recommend this place

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back by the big trees
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HND30
Lisa_Minott, Guest Relations/Sales Manager at Days Inn Port Charlotte, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Thank you for your recent stay at the Days Inn Port Charlotte!

We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to post a review of our property.

We are making frequent efforts to better our guest experience each day!!

Thank you for recognizing that!

We look forward to your return!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Charlotte
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Port Charlotte
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Charlotte
Sleep Inn & Suites Port Charlotte
Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside
Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda

Been to Days Inn Port Charlotte? Share your experiences!