“This years new trip”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Port Charlotte
Dallas, Texas
“This years new trip”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

My son and I go to Port Charlotte, Florida every spring or summer to visit my brother and go deep sea fishing on his boat. The fishing was great (we are catch and release only). I wrote a review last year that highly reciommended this motel. Our experience this year was much different.

We arrived late but had a 7 night reservation with late check-in. No problem.. The first night my son got into bed and felt something strange crawling up his leg. He jumped out of bed and found he had visitor. It was a BEETLE!! My son killed the beetle but he had to take half of my bedding since he would not get back into the bed without other bedding and because we were tired after driving from the Tampa airport. We reported it to the house keeping staff the next morning and they changed all the bedding on both beds. Two nights later, there was some kind of event going on locally and the motel was booked solid. The fighting noise from our upstairs neighbors - all night long- kept us awake or woke us up.The only rest we got (for two nights in a row) was either at my brothers house or while out on his boat.

I need to qualify all of my comments with the following: The hotel was responsive to all our complaints. It has all the same amenities it has always had. Refridgerator, air conditioner, dehumiderfier, microwave, and a great free breakfast! These are ammenities most motels/hotels don't give you for free when you book a room. So, you need to consider this in deciding whether to stay here or someplace else.

I personally got sick during the middle of our vacation (food poisioning from a resteraunt my brother likes) and stayed in our room the entire day. The hotel staff was extremely helpful.

Woul;d I stay here again - you bet! One abberation will not stop me from trying again. If I have problems again, I'll post them on this site.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room facing the rear of the property to minimize noise.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank tfly5331
Lisa_Minott, Guest Services/Sales Manager at Days Inn Port Charlotte, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Thank you for an honest review.

I'm glad housekeeping was attentive to your needs. I'm guessing the beetle situation stopped at that one, as you did indicate you stayed multiple nights thereafter. I guess it's always possible even with regular pest control prevention, that they can fly in when the door is opened even briefly.

We apologize for the noise issue as it is generally very quiet this time of year. There was a craft show going on in the area during your stay so the hotel was full. You didn't indicate if you addressed management with the noise. However, in the future, please feel free to inform the desk immediately. We have a zero tolerance noise policy especially after hours.

Thank you for recognizing our efforts in adding amenities to make our customers more comfortable. I had a customer tell me she stayed in a ritzy hotel that charged $10.00 plus tax/ nightly for a mini refrigerator (that had to be delivered to the room!) So we are glad we could provide that convenience to each of our guests!

Keep in mind that we are frequently adding new amenities to better serve you!

Thank you for your patronage!

We look forward to having you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Sebring, Florida
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Morning clerk Bob, was notified at 8 AM after receiving wake-up call and attempted to shower, and found broken. Maintenance was called and attempted to repair which took until 8:35 to get working. Maintenance said that the head was broken. So we were unable to shower as we had to be to work at 9:00 AM.
I informed Bob that I felt that some compensation should be given for the inconvenience. He informed me that the day Manager must be notified. So Monday I called and spoke with Lisa Minott the Customer Service Manager and made her aware of the incidence, which she said it would be investigated and I would be receiving a response. I was called an hour later by the same clerk Bob from Sunday morning. His response that there would be no compensation and he actually accused us of turning the shower the wrong way and he claimed that the Maintenance person fixed the problem in less than ten minutes Which is not the case. So I asked him if he was accusing my family of lying and he said yes. He said that his decision came directly from the owner. I Re-called to speak with Lisa [--] The Customer Service Manager to find out why if she was the manager why this was given back to the day clerk, and she now became very rude and defensive and stated that there decision was made. Worst Customer Service Ever, Welcome to the Day's Inn. Stay elsewhere!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a different Hotel
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank WilliamB663
Lisa_Minott, Guest Relations/Sales Manager at Days Inn Port Charlotte, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
We apologize that your stay was anything less than exceptional. Our goal is to exceed all customer expectations. However, we realize issues do occur even at the ritziest of hotels. Bob (acting manager over the weekend) and maintenance states that this was a minor issue and took 5-10 minutes to fix. Our records prove the same. We resolved the issue immediately. We apologize that you were unable to take a shower for your 9am appointment. As you stated, maintenance got it working at 8:35am. Our check-out is not until 11am and we also honor late check-out requests. We provided ample time for you to shower.

As a chairman’s award winning and newly renovated property, we make every effort to exceed Days Inn standards in every category. Our “A” rated inspections and guest survey scores over the past 25 years support our efforts.

It is possible (as Bob suggested) that it was turned the wrong way in error. He never suggested YOU did it as I was sitting behind him listening to the conversation. You misunderstood him and proceeded to call him a “**PROFANE** LIAR”. Even after that verbal attack, he was never rude to you. He simply stated “with that being said, the conversation was over”.

I’m not surprised by your poor review as you threatened upon our last conversation that you would be defaming us all over the web if we did not comp you. You did use our facilities and our amenities. Your rate was previously discounted $25.00 as you were part of a valued group. As we value your patronage, we took care of your issue immediately.

We also apologize the craft show suffered from the rain all weekend. We know it wasn’t as successful as past years. We were disappointed for all the vendors.
Florida
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We were really pleasantly surprised with this property. The rooms were very very clean and comfortable. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. Would highly recommend this place

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back by the big trees
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HND30
Lisa_Minott, Guest Relations/Sales Manager at Days Inn Port Charlotte, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Thank you for your recent stay at the Days Inn Port Charlotte!

We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to post a review of our property.

We are making frequent efforts to better our guest experience each day!!

Thank you for recognizing that!

We look forward to your return!
Blairsville
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Each winter we spend February traveling through Florida visiting friends and family. February 2011, we spent 3 days at the Day Inn Port Charlotte. We liked it so much that we spent an additional 3 days there on our way back home.

We will be back again sometime in February of 2012.

PROS:

You can immediately tell that this hotel is very well-managed. It is quite clean and supported by very friendly and efficient staff.

Even though the Days Inn is very close to the highway, the rooms are very well insulated. We never heard the road or neighbors in adjoining rooms. You will be able to get a good night's sleep here.

The rooms at the backside of the hotel have tables and chairs and a nice area for sitting in the sun, meeting friends, or walking your pets.

The hotel is close to the main highway, shopping, and restaurants.

CONS:

If you are looking for an old Florida style hotel or an upscale resort, this is not the place for you. But, for the money, this Days Inn is an exceptional value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway. If you are travelling with pets, get a first floor room.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SharronLL
Thank you for your visit to the Days Inn Port Charlotte at Latitude 27!

We appreciate your great review.

We've made every attempt since opening to remain a top rated Days Inn and chairman's award winning hotel.

We've recently added new covered patios outside all ground level rooms. New Latitude 27Tiki Pool Bar and Grille. Newly renovated rooms with deluxe bedding all make our Days Inn a relaxing change from the ordinary.

We welcome you back!!!

We look forward to your return.
Deltona, Florida
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Usually when my company books me in a Days Inn they're a bit sketchy. However this Days Inn is the complete opposite! This is by far the best Days Inn I have EVER stayed in. The pics provided don't lie. Speedy check in. Amazing Customer Service. Room as I requested it. No surprises at all. Room clean and amenities galore. (Microwave, Fridge larger then usual) TV good, AC worked amazingly. This hotel was just plain amazing. Pool area looks amazing, especially at night and it has a bar at the pool!

Room Tip: I stayed room 141, all the way in the back. Silent. Great stay
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank TekTek321
Thank you for taking the time out to write a great review on your recent stay at Days Inn Port Charlotte.

Customers like yourself motivate our management to push forward to better each experience for every guest. Our goal is to have happy customers and to exceed all expectations. We are glad we've made one out of you!

Please do come again!
Rotonda West, Florida
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I have stayed in several hotel brands in the area and Days Inn is one of the best!
The location, room and staff were second to none. I enjoyed an evening at JD's Bistro located next door and enjoyed the fine dinning atmostphere. Thanks Days Inn Port Charlotte for a great time.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank midnightrider50
Thank you for a great review and for recognizing our efforts!

Customers like you make all our efforts worthwhile!

We look forward to your return!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Days Inn in Port Charlotte is very nice. The price is good. The location is excellent... plenty of resturants close by. We have been there twice and plan to go back when we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Lisa_Minott, Guest Relations/Sales Manager at Days Inn Port Charlotte, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
We are elated to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to serving you in the near future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Charlotte
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Port Charlotte
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Charlotte
Sleep Inn & Suites Port Charlotte
Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside
Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda

Been to Days Inn Port Charlotte? Share your experiences!