“Home Away From Home”

Sleep Inn & Suites Port Charlotte
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Port Charlotte
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 4, 2011

My family and I recently stayed at the Sleep Inn in Port Charlotte. It was one of the best hotel experiences that I have ever had, and I do a lot of traveling. Linda, the owner, is amazing. She takes a lot of pride in her work and goes out of her way to make sure that you are happy.
The breakfast is awesome. The food is home-cooked, fresh and plentiful.
The staff is very pleasant and helpful.
The cookies in the evening are wonderful.
The hotel is very clean.
I have only been gone a few weeks and I miss this place. I would very HIGHLY recommend staying here. You will not be disappointed. I already have plans to come back!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed February 3, 2011

My wife and I have had the privilege of staying at this Sleep Inn on and off over the last 2 weeks in our travels around the gulf coast. As a retired business traveler I found this hotel to be the best of everything. It has all of the features for the business person as well as the comfortable feel for a family.
Example: One evening we wanted to watch a Netflix movie via our laptop. I inquired the front desk the closest place to purchase a HDMI cable the lady asked what it looked like and as I described it she open a drawer and held one up and asked is this one. I gratefully used and returned it in the morning.
Additionally the ownership is on site daily and on our first morning at breakfast (which is outstanding) the lady organizing the breakfast area noticed my knee surgery scar. In my explanation of the surgery at the VA hospital in Nashville repairing damage from my service during Vietnam. She responded that her son had recently returned from Iraq. I would further recommend this hotel to any service family or veterans and families these folks are real Americans who have children who are serving our country.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveltrendslive
Reviewed January 26, 2011

I HIGHLY reccomend staying at this property! You will be vvery pleased with your accommodations; provides a convient location walking distance from Interstate 75 surrounded by several eateries and stores. In addtion to easy access for travelers I recommend The Sleep Inn & Suites for its very clean and tidy rooms, hearty complimentary breakfast, modern accomodations... HOWEVER the most appealing aspect of this property is it SUPER STAFF!

I have stayed here on numerous occasions and each and every time have felt extremely welcomed and very valued. The front desk staff, housekeepers, management staff and ownership continue to PROVE that customer service is not a trait of the past !...... to say that these people truly care about thier guest is an extremely understatement! They could not be more, polite, considerate, or accomodating. They always treat the guests like V.I.P's... "Time and Time, Again, Again". It is very obvious they greatly value your business and truly care about your comfort and enjoyment!

Reviewed January 25, 2011

I travel for work an spend more time in hotels than in my own home. My experience at this hotel exceeds all others. The combination of clean state of the art facilities combined with a heart warming staff that remembers the meaning of southern hospitality make it a home away from home. Details from "Arnold Palmers" awaiting you in the lobby to a enthusiastic, friendly staff always going to go the extra mile to ensure a pleasant stay are above any hotel near this price range . Always a great stay and and even better value

Reviewed January 25, 2011

Dave and Linda Flaat, the owners,and their entire staff seem to have only one job...... to serve you and to make sure you know that they are there for you. Oh , if you get a chance to speak with Danny ,or at the front desk Turner. you will experience first hand what I am trying to say. They are my kind people and this is a wonderful place to stay.If your plans lead you near this area,then truely this is the place for you.

Reviewed January 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed here during our honeymoon. We did not have any reservations when we arrived at the hotel. We went to the front desk and the manager Danny Ali helped us out. She was super friendly, professional, and went above and beyond to make our stay special. Our room was immaculately clean(and I'm a clean freak)!! We had the jacuzzi suite. The jacuzi was awesome and spotless. We also really enjoyed the pool. Again the pool area was super clean. Amazing breakfast in the morning. It was actually home cooked food! Great variety of foods and very delicious. I would definently recommend this hotel and the next time we are in port Charlotte this is where well stay!!

• Stayed: February 2010
Reviewed January 11, 2011

This motel is convenient just off I-75 and the rooms are large with cushy beds, lots of pillow, refrigerator, microwave. They have a small outdoor heated pool. The breakfast is very good and they keep it very well stocked. They also have a snack store with several good items when you get the munchies. I would recommend this motel as it was clean, efficient and friendly.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda
Days Inn Port Charlotte
Days Inn Port Charlotte
#3 of 8 in Port Charlotte

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Port Charlotte? Share your experiences!