“I Love This Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lanexa, Virginia
“I Love This Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

This is one of the cleanest and friendliest hotels I have ever stayed in and is the only place I will stay when in town. Vanessa at the front desk is an absolute gem and always makes me feel like my business is truly appreciated. It is the small details that go a long way - I always notice how clean the windows in the rooms and lobbies are. I don't think I've ever seen a speck of dust in any of the rooms. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sue C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Port Charlotte, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Vanessa always greets everyone when they arrive with a smile and fresh made cookies. We thank you for the kind words, all of the staff takes pride in our hotel and its appearance. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Shelby, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

I visit the area 3 to 4 Times a year. I have family that lives in the area. I have to stay in a hotel as there is no room at my mom's. I have tried several over the last year. This is by far the best for the cost paid. This was my first time staying here definitely won't be my last.

Room Tip: They put me in 324 a converted suite. Very quiet at the back of the hotel on the third floor.
Green Features: I come to Florida to see family 3 to 4 times a year. This is my first time staying here definitely won't be the last.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Richard C
Sue C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Port Charlotte, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
We are so happy to hear that you have become part of the Sleep Inn family. We do look forward to seeing you again at the hotel and I want to thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are happy to hear that you had a great stay at the hotel.
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was impressed at first with the hotel for its price range. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The fixtures were all new. I really liked the large stand alone shower stall. There was pleanty of very hot water and good water pressure and a nice shower head. Everything else was good and as it should be except as noted below.
Now for the downsides and why I took points off my rating. The white haired woman who checked us in was not very friendly and when there was a problem she wouldn't answer the phone and she told us lies instead of being helpful. The problem we had was the AC unit was very LOUD and did not put out cold air. Even after several hours the room was still noticeably warmer than the rest of the hotel. We tried to call the desk and she wouldn't answer the phone. We asked about switching rooms or getting it fixed and was told that there were no other rooms available. We checked online and could still reserve rooms at the hotel and there were lots to choose from. We asked to have the manager contact us and we never received any contact. Eventually after about 5 hours the AC seemed to start working and it was cooling off but it took closer to 10 hours to function like it should and it was still very LOUD making sounds. The next day when we got back to the hotel our key cards did not work. Even though we reserved two nights, were on the book for two nights and paid for two nights, they put us down as checking out and deactivated our keys after one day. A minor inconvenience that was fixed by a trip to the desk but I put that as a problem with the first white haired woman who checked us in as not being a good employee.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jimix3
Sue C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Port Charlotte, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Sleep Inn & Suites. I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations. It was not brought to my attention that you had any problems with your room. We do strive to meet all of our guests expections. I would lke to discuss further what you encountered at the hotel so that I can take care of any further issues,
Boca Raton, Florida, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I had previous bad experiences with the Sleep Inn brand so I came in with low expectations but found a hotel that not only exceeded my expectations but exceeded the standards of a much more expensive hotel. I selected this hotel because it was pet friendly, but not only was there a dog walk area, there was NO PET SURCHARGE!!!, I've been charged $25 a day or more for the ability to stay with my dog but here there was no charge.

The room itself had both a frig and a microwave and had flat screen TV's. Better amenities than many hotels in the are costing twice as much. Good bye Hampton Inn's!

Room Tip: If traveling with a Pet, make sure to request a Pet Friendly room ahead of time.
Green Features: Didn't notice any difference which is a good thing I think
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Sue C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Port Charlotte, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you for the great review. We love our 4 legged friends as well as our 2. We know that pets are like family too. Hope to see you again in your travels to the area.
Port Charlotte, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was nice and clean. Staff were excellent! Way beyond my expectations. Would definitely stay there again. The pool area was a great place to have our delicious pizza delivered from a nearby restaurant.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We do hope that when in the area again we get to see you again
Ruskin, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

We stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites for a travel ball baseball tournament. Our stay could not have been more pleasant. I would definitely stay again and highly recommend the hotel. It was clean, as was our room, the staff were professional and very helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Sue C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Port Charlotte, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We also want to thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do enjoy the teams when they are in town and do hope to see you again for your next tournament.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

This was a plesant place to stay. Very clean, good breakfast and great staff. I would stay there again.price good too. I checked out of a really bad place and checked into the sleep inn so glad i did felt alot safer there.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank lf12345a
Sue C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Port Charlotte, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and if you are in the area again that you would stop in and stay with us agoin.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Charlotte
Days Inn Port Charlotte
#3 of 8 in Port Charlotte
Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda
Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Port Charlotte? Share your experiences!