“Mixed Feelings” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Edison, New Jersey
“Mixed Feelings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I booked 2 rooms, one for my parents and one for me. I requested that my parents be on the 1st floor, they gave them the 2nd floor. Other then that they had no issues. They said the room was clean. They enjoyed the breakfast.

My room we had a few issues. Upon check in the women at the desk then looked at the requests for the 1st floor and just says oh yeah that isn't happening. Then tells me that we only had reservations for 2 nights (we had 3) when I corrected her she was rude and just said no we only have 2 and no other rooms available. Did not try to accomodate me or make any suggestions until I finally said fine, we will just find another hotel and then suddenly my room showed it was for 3 nights.

When we got to the room later that night and the next morning we found our remote control and coffee maker didn't work. We reported it to the front desk and the remote was replaced while we were having breakfast. We assumed the coffee maker was replaced because the coffee was not in the maker. The next morning we didn't use the coffee pot but on our last morning we went to use the pot and it didn't work.

We also noticed the sheets had stains on it

It might have just been our room because my parents didn't have any issues and their room was nice and clean.

The rooms are very quiet, we had the room right above the entrance to the hotel and near the elevator and didn't hear anything.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Sue C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Port Charlotte, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to help us to make sure our accomodations and our guest service is where is needs to be. We do listen to our guest and use the comments as training tools. I do hope that we do see you again. All of the issues have been corrected.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Woodstock, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here one night and loved the accomodations. New place and really clean room. Large refrigerator in room. TV was problematic until Joshua came up from front desk and rectified the situation. He was very accomodating and quick to respond. The breakfast was very good with sausage and eggs, etc. Pool area is a litle small, but the heated pool was so relaxing when we arrived. Never heard the highway which is pretty close. Highly recommend based on cleanliness, great staff and best price we could find in area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Sue C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Port Charlotte, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Customer service is number one with us. By the sound of your review we did our job. Thank you for the kind words and look forward to seeing you again
Rotonda West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed here for the night after a reception at King's Gate. Room was comfortable and clean. We slept great. We were near the lobby, but didn't hear a thing. The staff was friendly, and the breakfast was good. There were plenty of choices for breakfast. I'm sure we'll stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Burlington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed here because of the great reviews. Every thing that has been said about this place is true. Great friendly staff. Clean.
The last night we stayed I went to get a Vicodin out of my bag that I had in the bathroom. And out of the forty or so I had only three were in there. I advised the front desk and realize that it is my word against theirs.
Corporate did tell me that one of the maids said she vacuumed up something that sounded like popcorn and maybe that was them!!! Come on. I was advised under Florida law that the hotel is not responsible for any missing items in the room. This has been a valuable lesson. I usually don't have anyone clean the room as I do have a laptop and other valuable items in there but figured since we were on vacation I would take advantage of it. To bad my trust was compromised at the place.

Room Tip: Take your valuables with you at all time! Including medicine.
Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bray9946
Colorado Springs, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We have family in the area and decided we wanted to try out a different hotel than in the past. Glad we did as the Sleep Inn was a pleasant surprise. The location is right off highway 75 and Kings Highway. There is a Cracker Barrel right next door that you could walk to as well as plenty of other restaurants in the vicinity. Walmart is right down the road and a Starbucks about a minute away! The hotel is very clean all around with a nice lobby and little area if you would like to purchase snacks, sundries, etc. The expanded continental breakfast included hot items like eggs, canadian bacon, sausage, and make your own waffles. The waffles were actually very good! The breakfast was well stocked and items were replenished quickly. There is a small business center with a computer, a pool which looked clean, and a workout room. We didn't use any of these facilities, but they looked nice. The staff was very friendly and greeted us whenever we were coming/going. Items to note in the room were a nice sized flatscreen TV and refrigerator. It was also incredibly clean! Probably one of the cleanest rooms we've stayed in. The bathroom had a large shower with a glass door which we prefer over the tub/shower combo with the plastic shower curtain that sticks to you. The bed was a bit stiff for our liking, but not horrible. I did think the pillows were a bit odd as they were like half size and I had to go to the front desk and request a few more. Overall our stay was very comfortable and we would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Sue C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Port Charlotte, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for giving us a try and that you enjoyed your stay. We do hope to see you again and for the kind words.
Joplin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two weeks for training at my companies home office. This place is one of the nicest hotel I've stayed at. It's VERY clean, the staff is friendly, it's convenient to travelling in the local area and is right off of the interstate. The morning breakfast is everything you could hope for and more: it has both cold and hot food, they keep it well stocked and it runs for longer than most places. They even start breakfast earlier than the posted because they have so many business travelers who leave in the morning early. The free wifi works well and is easy to onto. With mini fridges and microwaves in the room they make it easy for us "extended stayers". I can see why my company always uses them to put up out of town guests.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Sue C, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Port Charlotte, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review. We do hope to see you again if you are in the area.
Somerset, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Not sure when I have ever had a more delightful lodging experience than at this mid priced hotel. I often stay in Hiltons, Marriotts, Holiday Inns and as a result of past experiences with Choice Hotels, have stayed away. Glad I went back. This facility and crew is the greatest. Wonderful breakfast and attendant. Desk clerk was ever so helpful. The maids were cheerful and did a great job. This hotel has won the platinum award, highest level of Choice Group and numerious gold awards. I see why!

Room Tip: I expect that they are all good and very large.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Your kind words is our incentive to keep doing what we do. Thanks you for staying with us and hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Charlotte
Days Inn Port Charlotte
#3 of 8 in Port Charlotte
4.5 of 5 stars 613 reviews
Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Port Charlotte? Share your experiences!