“A wonderful, relaxing, peaceful, friendly, cheerful, clean, convenient waterfront motel.”

and 1 more site!
Banana Bay Waterfront Motel
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2009

Our 2 day stay in June 2009 was wonderful at the Banana Bay Waterfront Motel in Port Charlotte. My husband and I and my grown daughter and her dog Buddy stayed there. We chose it after seeing the very colorful photos and the price and also because we were able to pay a small pet fee to take our dog along. We found it on the internet. We just took a chance and it turned out to be a great place to stay. We were not disappointed. The owners, Jana and Mike, were the greatest, very friendly, nice and accommodating. Also their dog is very cute and friendly. Betty the helper and housekeeper was equally as nice and very friendly and did a good job. Banana Bay Waterfront Motel is very quaint, peaceful, cute, colorful, very clean, with a refrigerator, stove, table and 2 chairs, microwave, coffee maker, dishes, pots and pans, silverware, etc. Some units have sofas, also. Outside the door of your unit, there were 2 outside chairs and a table to sit outside to smoke (if you are a smoker) or just relax and enjoy being outside and to see and listen to the large Bay of water and the pier to fish from and the beautiful sunset in the evening. At the end of the building is a cement patio to sit on with tables and umbrellas and lounge chairs overlooking the Bay and the Pier. Around the corner, in the center of the units is the private pool with lounge chairs and a Tiki Bar. Although, the Tiki Bar was closed when we were there because we were there on a Tuesday and a Wednesday. There is one grill there that you can grill out on, if you choose to do so. There is a pay laundry on site, if needed. My husband and daughter, had a good time fishing from the pier early in the morning and later in the evening. Within walking distance, is Portifino's Restaurant, with a deck overlooking the bay and they allowed our dog, Buddy, out on the deck with us. It is a dog friendly restaurant, (out on the deck only), as long as your dog is well behaved and friendly. We had a nice meal there overlooking the Bay and we all enjoyed the place and our meal very much, including Buddy, the dog. Also, one evening, while sitting on the cement deck at the motel, we were able to hear the great music coming from Portifino's. It got us dancing on the deck for awhile and we totally enjoyed the music. Across the water is the Fisherman's Village with all kinds of shops and places to eat. Worth going to. All, I can say, is that we loved this place very much and will definitely go back whenever we get a chance to go to Florida again. (WE HOPE IT WILL BE SOON. AND THAT WE CAN STAY LONGER.)
It may not be the Ritz but it is a nice place to stay. It was nice to have a peaceful, clean, friendly, enjoyable place to stay but yet close to everything you might want to go to or do. Know hustle bustle of a large crowded hotel.
Our thanks to the owners and the help for making our stay so nice. We like Banana Bay Waterfront Motel in Port Charlotte alot.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank munchPA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Milwaukee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2009

My husband I stayed at Banana Bay while in Port Charlotte visiting relatives and we couldn't believe the jewel tucked away off the road. You'd never know from the street the wonderful little paradise that has been created here. Private pool setting with a Tiki hut, long pier for fishing or just dazing into the clear morning water. Shark fishing at night! The rooms were clean and the staff was exceptionally friendly. This is where we will stay when we come to town!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dthorpe
Birmingham, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2009

We stayed at Banana Bay for two nights. We loved the location, the room, the amenities and the staff. The private pier was a great place to watch the sunset. Having an in room fridge, microwave, and stove made it more comfortable to grab drinks while we were out and take restaurant leftovers back to the room. This place is quirky and charming. We absolutely loved it and plan to stay there again whenever we are in Port Charlotte.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BhamtoFlorida
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2009

We have friends in the Port Charlotte-Punta Gorda area who mentioned this as a possibiity for extra accommodations for our travel partners' first trip to the area, and we were a little worried at the low cost and 1950s style of the building, but we were very pleasantly surprised. All rooms have been updated, it's clean, fresh-smelling, with comfortable beds, all amenities including a pool, and best of all it has waterfront efficiency accommodations with a great dock, kayaks, fishing equipment and even bait were provided. We were so pleased we decided to stay here ourselves, along with our travelling companions. The Peace River bridge is great for beautiful sunset or sunrise walks. A cute mini-golf is nearby, but unobtrusive. We stayed 4 days and rooms were quiet and comfortable with microwave, refrig, and coffeemaker, new TV and remotes for the TV and airconditioner. Quiet ceiling fan and good window coverings made for good sleeping anytime of day.
Beautiful landscaping and a get-acquainted Tiki party hosted by the owners the first night made it very special. All the staff's recommendations for restaurants and activities turned out well. We highly recommend this motel. A great value for the price!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
raliegh,n.c.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2009

ant"s and spiders were guests in our room all week.

• Liked — pool was brand new.
  • Disliked — insects! to many drunks.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Naugatuck, CT.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2008

I stayed at the Banana Bay on a recommendation from my best friend who I haven't seen in 17 years. I was going in absolutely blind with no expectations and what a surprise! The Banana Bay was at the Port Charlotte side of the Bridge crossing the bay. Talk about a view, especially at sunset. I was never so relaxed in my life watching the sunset while sitting in the tables next to the water's edge. Traveling with a family, my room was excellent. It had a fridge, stove, sink, and pots and pans available. We sure took advantage of that and cooked some great meals. I went to the local Publix supermarket, bought some steaks and fired them up on the gas grill they have available outside for guest usage. It was great! My kids absolutely loved the pool outside and the mini golf right next door. From there, I drove to Punta Gorda for some nice shopping and restaurants. Englewood Beach was 20 minutes away. Nice!

Room service was as expected, the linen was clean and fresh and had no issues whatsoever. The customer service (Jana and Karen) was absolutely pleasing. They made me feel like family. The grounds wer every neat and landscaped and the pool was clean.

Overall, this place is a small gem waiting to be discovered. If you are traveling with a family, this is where you want to stay from now on. I will be back soon!

• Liked — Service and Facility
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank jrosado5
North Port FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2008

I recently stayed at the Banana Bay motel and I was very pleased with it. Me and my fiancée wanted to get away from the house for a night so we decided to try it out. The ladies at the front desk were so nice and really made me feel welcome. Over the phone the lady was cheerful and happy to help me out. The thing that really got me though was the honesty of the housekeeping. The morning of check out my fiancée took a shower, well she took her engagement ring off in the shower (it snags her hair) and had forgotten it. When we left, about 20 minutes later she realized it was missing, and was like "oh no, I left it in the shower!". So I called up and the lady had said that she found it and had it at the front desk. It was such a relief that she didn't just say "Sorry haven't seen anything", but rather did the honest thing. I find that it is truly hard to find honest people these days, and that is what won my heart with this hotel. I look forward to staying there again, and would most defiantly recommend this place to any and all of my friends.

• Liked — EVERYTHING!!!!
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
The Wyvern Hotel Punta Gorda
#2 of 7 in Punta Gorda
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Charlotte
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte

Been to Banana Bay Waterfront Motel? Share your experiences!