Banana Bay Waterfront Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$85
Hampton.com
$63
$70
TripAdvisor
All reviewslong pierwaterfront roompunta gordanice salt water poolnew mattressesold florida stylerooms are clean and comfortablerestaurants and shoppingrooms are smallstayed longera wonderful stayking beddockfishingkitchenettestoveanand
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is our third time here and it is still clean, comfortable and friendly. The pool is very warm like a warm bath. If you are looking for a new building this is not for you but if you like the old Florida charm this is the place. There are new bedspreads and new T.V's this year. You need to book early as I find that February books quickly, many people have been coming here for years and stay for long periods. This is very small and quite place on the water with no noisy beach. There are new owners and they seem nice the only change I can see is that they do not do the Kiki parties on saturday night. We will likely come back next year.

Room Tip: We always stay in the waterfront rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Lois P
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This motel is in a nice location on the water, but there is much improvement needed. The rooms are okay size and convenient with kitchen, but not very clean. Gas grills are in bad shape and only got one to work (on 1 side only). Website advertises heated pool. I noticed a review on tripadvisor that said the pool was cold in November, they were told they don't heat the pool until December. We were there the first week of December and the pool was closed. We were told the heater was broken and should be fixed the next day, which it never was. I believe they had no intentions of heating the pool and just came up with excuses. Lastly, the rooms that are closest to the street seem to be rented to people living there that go around asking everyone for cigarettes even when you tell them you don't smoke. There aren't alot of choices for motels on the water in this area, so if you go there don't expect too much.

Room Tip: Waterfront rooms are better.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jackie G
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I left a review of this motel with my opinion of the pros and cons of my stay there. As we all know, everyone has a different opinion and a different experience. I use TripAdvisor a lot and I hope for honest reviews, so I gave an honest review of my personal opinion of Banana Bay. That is what TripAdvisor is about.

My sister enjoyed her visit there and recently called for a reservation. She was told that I wasn't allowed back on the property because of my review on this site! I wasn't going to come back, but nevertheless, I thought that was pretty funny. I feel they should learn from the reviews to try to improve any issues and make their place even better. So watch out that you give good reviews if you want to visit again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Avis239
Reviewed December 15, 2013

From All the Great Reviews we read about Banana Bay on T/A, I decided to call and personally inquire as to the availability & accommodations for our trip to Pt. Charlotte FL. I was immediately greeted by a very Cheerful, Friendly, Energetic person, Betty 'Boop', who quickly affirmed all of the great reviews we had read with precise answers to my inquiries, and a very easy, laid-back reservation process. Upon our arrival, we were more than pleased with Banana Bay's location [at the foot of the bridge to Punta Gorda!], along with the cleanliness and comfort of our room 'on the bay'! We found everything we wanted & asked for within minutes of BB's location, as well as the absolutely most Friendly hosts we have ever encountered in All our travels, and we travel alot!!! FYI: We have already 'booked' our trip back next year at THE Banana Bay Bay W/M! Thank You All at Banana Bay, Kim & Jim Syler ;)

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a 'waterfront' efficiency, it was great waking up to the sunrise across the bay with fresh coffee brewing, breakfast cooking, and just a few steps from Banana Bay's private fishing dock, which was the best one we saw all along the bay-side!!! ENJOY the Sunsets across the bay too! At Banana Bay, we get both! ;)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KimnJimmy2013
Reviewed December 9, 2013

First and foremost I am writing this review to express my gratitude to the Banana Bay staff for accommodating my husband, little one and I for the past two and half months. Our journey to Florida did not start out well. We sold our house in N.C. and the day before we had to leave our home of 28 years I was in a near fatal car wreck. We proceeded our journey to Florida but unfortunately it was during the rainiest 2 weeks in SW Florida's history. We were suppose to arrive at the Banana Bay around 1:00 in the afternoon but due to torrential rain and car wrecks along the way we did not arrive until 1:00 in the morning. Jody the general manager greeted us with kindness and understanding in the pouring down rain. The next day she asked us if our room suited us and continued to be both kind and helpful throughout our stay. Betty the office manager is not only good at her job, ie organizational skills, helpful, but funny and kind too. During our stay she went out of her way to pick up a birthday cake for one of the guests so that it would be a surprise for her husband. Karen the grounds/cleaning manager too is very good at what she does, but moreover sings while she works, a genuine happy person, the kind that rubs off on you even when you are having a bad day. One of the things I noticed Karen doing in between guests staying in rooms was a thorough cleaning job. She even washed the blankets and bedspreads. I've read and seen shows stating hotels never do this and to beware of such items. The grounds are beautiful, and situated in such a way there is always somewhere you can go to be alone to mediate or read and soak up the beauty that surrounds you. You cant beat the southwest patio area to watch the sunsets, which I must say are as pretty as those I've seen in Hawaii. Our room was clean and had all the kitchen essentials needed for our extended stay. With all this in mind I was surprised to read the Avis239 review. I met these people during my stay as well as many others. All I can say is she must have been having a bad day for the rest of her family did not share her sediments for I spoke to them on more then one occasion. Oh well, all I can say is the Banana Bay Waterfront Motel is a great place to stay and I will and have recommended it to several people in my travels. Moved out today to start the next chapter of my life in my new home. Silly as it sounds I am feeling a little blue about leaving. That says it all! Thanks to everyone on the Banana Bay staff!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family