“Unclean and unsafe”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Unclean and unsafe”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I am glad a lot of other people had a good experience, but mine was not. We brought our two boys who love bounce houses. There were older kids jumping from one bouncer to the next, throwing a ball really hard at eachother, sitting on the top of the slide ones and not letting other kids (who were the right age for the bouncers) by, and actually MAKING OUT at the top so I had to ask them to let my kids slide down, and not only were the kids parents not watching (and they REALLY should have been), but there was no staff supervision either. We got pizza, because we had already told our kids we would, although we wanted to leave pretty much right after we got there, and when we went to find a clean table there were none. My kids ate at a table that I cleaned off myself (not one table got cleaned by a staff member) and I let them play for about 5 minutes before I got them out of there. I don't think you could pay me to go back.

Visited August 2013
5 Thank Gianna W

North Port, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Very nice place”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We had our son's birthday party at Escape Zone and he said he had a great time. The place was clean, well staffed, and EVERYTHING WORKED. Our pizza was hot and we were given ample supplies to serve with. Our hostess, Becca, was extremely attentive even though she had another larger party to attend to. Kudos Becca! We found the price very reasonable and would recommend this to our friends.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Cathie R
Venice, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My kids loved it, what else can I say”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

After a big dissapointment at another kids place I am happy to say Escape Zone is AWESOME. All 5 of my kids loved it. My 4 youngest because they bounced all they wanted to. My 14 year old he played arcade games while his siblings jumped. Truly a kid friendly very inviting place. Great job.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Dolores M
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Good place for a rainy day”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband bought some type of package for 10 bounce sessions. I believe that the price was between $20-$30, so it is a good deal!

I appreciate that they stamp your hand and your children's hand. The entrance/exit are secured and manned.

It's true that there aren't staff members at each bounce house but I have found that to be common for places like this. It's the parents' responsibility to make sure that their kids behave.

I am sure that the arcade is expensive but I just tell my kids that we're going to bounce, not play games. We have found it to be clean and safe. Overall good times.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank StephySunshine5
Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Care more about money than childrens safety,& False advertising”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I felt I should write a review here because if you write one on their Facebook page or website they will delete it if it is not to their liking. I was even nice and just gave them things I felt should be improved and they still deleted it. That is only why they have a couple good reviews dated back to when they first opened. All the bad ones get erased.

We went to Escape zone in Port Charlotte and it was not at all what is had been made out to be by them. It was VERY small, and VERY HOT! They had mostly gambling type games for older teens/adults in the arcade. The inflatables were NOT being supervised. They were WAY overloaded. My ten year old got pushed, shoved, and knocked down. My son, daughter, husband and I also witnessed two younger teens making out inside one of the bounce houses. They were all over each other kissing and feeling each other in front of little kids. It cost seven dollars PER CHILD to get in and then you have to pay about 25 cents a token and many games require 2 tokens. The had a special where you were suppose to get a free "all you can eat" pizza buffet. Their "pizza buffet" was carry out Papa Nicks pizza and was VERY cold because it was just sitting there for no telling how long with no heat lamps, just in the box it came in. It also WAS NOT all you can eat. She gave us all one slice of cheese pizza with NO gloves on and while we were there a little kid came up and asked for another slice and she told him he already had one.

There are a lot of safety concerns such as the bounce houses over max weight, number of children allowed, no supervision in the inflatables, food poisoning concerns over food left out with no heat, children getting overheated due to lack of air conditioning (BTW only water fountain there unless you want your kids to drink a soda in a can at 1.25 each!) This place seems more interested in making money than children's safety as apparent by them erasing reviews and not addressing concerns of parents. I say stay away, save your money, Kidstar is even more fun. I feel like they will not be in business very long. Sad because Port Charlotte really needed more fun SAFE things for children to do.*** ALSO- The pictures on their website and facebook page are NOT pictures of their Escape zone. They were taken from the Escape Zone of Fort Myers page.

Visited June 2013