“Delicious pulled pork!”

Wally's Southern Style BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wallys-Southern-Style-BBQ/121768417868359#!/pages/Wallys-Southern-Style-BBQ/121768417868359?sk=wall
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We got the pulled pork & brisket as well as the macaroni & cheese & beans for a company luncheon. The pulled pork was so tender, moist & delicious. The mac & cheese was very good. We had plenty to go around & leftovers for the next day. It keeps good for leftovers too. The beans contain kidney beans & pinto beans which I liked, but some others didn't care for the kidney beans. Overall, very good & much better than some other chain BBQ restaurants in the area. We picked up the food & took it to our place of business, so I can't comment on atmosphere or service...

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Wally has had several restaurants at this location over the years. Most have had reasonably priced food. Not always the greatest, but reasonable and for the price good. Each, including Wally's BBQ have had good servers that usually refilled drinks, cleared tables, and did a good job. We do not eat here often, but on occasion we stop in for a quick quiet meal. Yesterday, we stopped in, and both of us had eaten about 2/3 of our meals when the passing waitress asked if I wanted a sweet tea refill, which I accepted. After taking several large drinks, I wanted some more and caught my waitress to ask for another refill. However, I started to take another drink, and noticed something black inside the glass. I fished it out, and it was some kind of dead bug about the size of a Japanese Beetle. As she started to walk by again, I said never mind, I lost my appetite for anything else to eat or drink. While she took the drinks off the bill, considering what happened, I felt that was certainly insignificant. Sad to say, after our find, we will never return to Wally's.

2  Thank yourswflnotary
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate lunch here....what a delicious meal! We both had the one-meat meal (we both chose pulled pork) that comes with 2 sides and garlic toast and cornbread. We had ice water also. We split the sides: baked beans with bits of brisket, baked macaroni and cheese, fried okra, and French fries. Each dish was hot and very good! The cornbread was delicious, it was cheesy-like and had jalapeños in it (not spicy hot; just tasty). The pork was lean and smoky. The portion was so generous we brought some home for dinner tonight. Three BBQ sauces are on each table and they're all good. Service was prompt and the dining area was cool, clean, and comfortable. This is a shorts and tshirt kind of place, nothing fancy but it's nice. Our tab for lunch came to $21.00 plus tax and tip. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I had the brisket, pulled pork and chicken wings and it was all good. The service was excellent and they give more than enough food. My wife wasn't as impressed with the food but then who goes to a barbecue place to order a Cesar salad?

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We choose Wally's after reading the most recent reviews .... a mixed bag so we were prepared for it to go either way. We had a super meal .... shared the Ribs & Chicken platter with spicy coleslaw and macaroni and cheese casserole. The ribs and chicken were perfectly cooked, tender and still juicy. The sides were great too. The service was excellent. It's a homey and relaxed place. It was moderately busy on. Saturday night and everyone seemed to be enjoying their meals. We would certainly recommend Wally's, and would go back if we had more time on this trip.