“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Port Charlotte
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the holiday inn last night after looking for a house in the area. Nothing is to much for the staff to do for you they are extremely accommodating. We stayed in a king smoking suite and the room was immaculate. We had a very quiet nights rest. Would stay here again when we return. Special thanks to the staff for all the help they gave us

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Julie Z
medeovin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Charlotte, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. Also, thank you for the recognition of our hard working staff. They will be happy to know we made a small difference during your visit. It is always a great feeling knowing our guests enjoyed their stay while with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
St. Marys
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

Checked in the afternoon Esther at the front desk was extremely helpful. The rooms are standard Holiday Inn Express fare(see the pictures) However the bathroom was old and dated, I also echo some of the other reviewers that fixtures in the bathrooms are turning yellow. Other wise it was clean. But this is not the reason why the hotel loses a star. The hotel had terrible internet speeds. This is 2014 a hotel that charges close to a $100 for a night should have blazing fast internet. I could not stream anything. The guest laundry was very helpful, had some spill issues that required a wash. The bed was also okay, nothing too special, I have seen better beds, but they were still ok so not taking a star for those, but still the internet oh my god it was bad.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank lahoree
medeovin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Charlotte, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. Also, thank you for the recognition of our hard working staff. Esther will be happy to know she made a small difference during your visit. The points you addressed will be carefully reviewed and considered and we will definitely provide an improved experience for your next visit. We always like to hear about our guest's experience. Thank You for taking the time to let us know how your stay with us was. We look forward to your next visit to the area.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

Avoid rooms in the first floor especially near reception. They have this very loud alarm that keeps ringing very frequently whenever someone steps in the door. They should get rid of that ASAP!!
Room was ok...breakfast ok, toilet needed an urgent upgrade and toilet seat was yellow. not because of the cleaning crew (who I think are doing a good job) but because it needs to be thrown away and replaced.
Internet was bad, connection keeps dropping every 15 min, especially in first floor.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank RedOne_E
medeovin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Charlotte, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. The points you addressed will be carefully reviewed and considered and we will definitely provide an improved experience for your next visit. We are always looking at what our guests have to say about their stay with us. We are always looking for ways to improve guest experience.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

You have to drive quite a bit off the interstate (I-75) to get here, but this hotel exceeded expectations.

The room was very clean and had ample space. There was a fridge, microwave, coffee maker and large flat-screen (LCD or LED?) TV with great reception. The bed was extra comfortable. The bathroom and separate wash sink included necessities like plenty of towels, shampoo, soap and even mouthwash.

Breakfast the next morning was good. Hot eggs, various juices and cereals, muffins and the cinnamon rolls were delicious. There was also a pancake machine, which was new to me. The breakfast area was clean and well-maintained. The seating area and tables were comfortable.

I don't usually stay at $100+/night hotels, so I had "sticker shock" at first, but it was a good night's sleep and worth it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Mike B
On behalf of all the staff we would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. We look forward to seeing you again and providing an even better service and experience. We always love to hear from our guests.
South Bend, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

You open the door to this hotel and are immediately overpowered by the smell of mold. It's overpowering. Walking into my room I was treated to an even more powerful mold smell. As an added bonus, a dirty, noisy dehumidifier was running in my room. Honestly, if it wasn't the only place available, I would have left. Apparently people are allowed to party all night in the rooms, which is nice. But it's close to the airport, so I stayed. After a sleepless night, and a Zyrtec to combat my reaction to the mold, I went down fir breakfast. Coldish eggs and outright cold "sausage" patties.

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank TheVerdictcom
medeovin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Charlotte, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. As you mention, there is some room for improvement. I believe there will always be something we can improve upon, however we are working hard to offer the best experience for our guests. We continue to create a great hotel guest love.
Palm Bay, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

The staff is very friendly and was helpful in recommending restaurants and directions. We stayed two nights for $152 per night for a king size non smoking room (handicapped room since that was all that was available). Bed was comfortable and was surprisingly quiet for first floor room. Breakfast had a variety of options and was good. No free newspapers on the weekends. Typical HIExpress experience.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
medeovin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Charlotte, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. Also, thank you for the recognition of our hard working staff. They will be happy to know they made a small difference during your stay. We are always happy to see reviews about our guest's stays with us.
Land O Lakes, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

When I spend $190 bucks for a room for one night I expect certain things to work.Channel 41 (CBS) was not available,Call the desk and was dismissed with it don`t work here in the lobby either. The volume on the TV fluctuated all night. If you wanted to hear the program the volume would go from a 9 on the TV to a 30. It was manually adjusted by me up or down, to keep the same listening tone all evening. One second it was screaming at me the next it was whispering. The fan in the shower didn`t work, one of the lights was burned out. It also had a musty oder when I walked into the room. Before I left I asked to speak with the mgr. The young lady at the front counter claimed she could help me and was kind enough to listen and asked me what would you like for us to do. IMO, it`s their job not mine to make the necessary offer of any adjustments or solutions. By now I was getting frustrated and said enough. Rather than continue a conversation I could see was going nowhere I left and told the young lady I would be making my displeasure known. . Never again...

Room Tip: Don`t bother renting room 126 until you check the place out first.