“Outstanding”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Port Charlotte
North Port, Florida
“Outstanding”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

From the moment we entered the lobby to the time we checked out a week later, we received outstanding service. The hotel staff was friendly, helpful, professional and had a great attitude. The breakfast was outstanding, with slight variations everyday from western omelets, biscuits and gravy, pancakes and cinnamon rolls. The room was clean, the internet was fast, and the housekeepers never disturbed us, yet provided great service. The laundry room was clean as was the work-out room. We needed a baby crib, extra pillows, sheets and blankets and were provided everything with enthusiasm and no extra charge. The kids enjoyed the complimentary cookies at the front desk and the adults enjoyed the free coffee and juice all day long. We enjoyed our stay mainly because of the great attitude of the staff, and when our family comes to visit us, we are going to make sure that they stay at the Holiday Inn Express, so that they may enjoy the same experience that we did. Thank you for an OUTSTANDING experience!

Room Tip: We had a suite. It was perfect. Nice little kitchen area and plenty of space to relax.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jeffrey C
medeovin, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Charlotte, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
We want to thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write such and outstanding review. I is always wonderful to hear our guests had and outstanding stay with us. We like to always think we are constantly "creating a great hotel guest love."

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
East Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed here with our two small sons in June. The room was very dark, smelled like stale smoke, even though it was a non smoking room, and the carpet felt damp. We decided to turn on the a/c and see if that would help before we left for dinner - it didn't help at all. After we were ready for bed we saw a pretty big "critter" run across the floor and called the front desk for help. The woman was very nice, understood why we were upset, and offered to move us to another room. (The a/c unit was on the floor; we think that's where the critter came in, so she moved us to a second floor unit). Our second room was much nicer. We slept good and had no problems after that. I just think the accommodations are too pricey for what you get.

Room Tip: Choose a second floor room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sleigh41
medeovin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Charlotte, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out and giving your feedback on your stay. I do apologize for the inconvenience of the ac. I am glad that our front desk staff was able to relocate you to a higher floor where you were more comfortable. We do have a commercial pest control company that services our property 2 times a month. As for the ac being on the floor I will have our maintenance dept. make sure all is buttoned up tight to prevent this from happening again. We encourage all of our guest to report good and bad things. It helps us strive for excellence and create a great hotel guest love to come back to. We do hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and let me just tell you, the smell of mold filled my nose the moment I walked in the lobby. My room wasn't much better. The staff mentioned they had recently renovated the rooms, well they should have included the bathrooms. My room was infested with ants and when I asked the staff, the only answer or solution they could give me was to move my room. I did so, and that room was worse then the first room. Mold! Mold! Mold!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Amanda C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Charlotte, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Amanda C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept our sincerest apology for the over-all issues you had and any inconvenience you may have encountered which affected your stay negatively. We want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For that reason, we have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCares
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 7, 2013

If you want Quiet, this is the place. Not so much because of the setting, but because there is no one here, literally. There were two cars in the lot and when I had breakfast, i was the only ine there the entire time.i was here for 15 hours and saw one other guest in the hallway. It was like having a private hotel. Rooms are clean, new equipment in the gym, and staff was friendly. I will say the priority gift was lacking, being just a small bottle of water. There are not many places to eat that are convenient, but overall, I would stay again. My biggest problem was the phones. My kept ringing over and over at night, then started again at 5 am. When answering there was a clicking noise, so I am assuming it was something messed up with wake up call service. I finally disconnected both phones to sleep after front desk couldn't figure it out. It is on a beautiful lake, but you can't see it because the willows are so overgrown. Overall, if I am back in the area, I will stay here again because besides the phone thing, it was very quiet, relaxing, and peaceful to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
medeovin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Charlotte, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
So glad you had a relaxing stay with us. We have the best clients staying with us even if the hotel was overflowing with guests, I believe you would have been just as satisfied with the atmosphere. We are always working hard to create A Great Hotel Guests Love.
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

While on a 4th of July motorcycle trip, we had the pleasure of staying here. We had been riding all day, stopped by a Harley shop in port Charlotte, then went to the holiday inn express for some much needed rest from the sun. As I was walking in, the heel from the boots I had just bought at the Harley shop popped off. I was at the desk calling the Harley shop to see if I could return them the next day. They were not open the following day. The thought of getting back on the MC and riding back there was not very appealing. The front desk manager had over heard my conversation and could evidently see my frustration; and offered to drive me to the Harley shop. Unbelievable! Who does this? Tracie drove me there and was so incredibly nice. Our overnight stay at this hotel was wonderful. A special thank you to Tracie. I hope the hotel management is aware of what an outstanding and friendly person they have representing their establishment.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Deidre F
medeovin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Charlotte, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Deidre,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites! I was very disappointed to hear of the problems in your journey to get here, and it was my pleasure to help you! I enjoyed it, as it’s a great feeling to know you made someone’s vacation a little brighter. I hope we will see you again very soon!

Holiday Inn Express & Suites- Great Hotels Guest Love!

Tracie Medina
Orlando, FL
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We only stayed one night but were greeted with a friendly smile, a chocolate chip cookie, and helpful advice for restaurants in the area. Our room looked over a small lake with lots of birds and "probably" an alligator. The beds were very clean and comfortable, the air conditioner worked quite well, and the breakfast in the morning was really good--all kinds of warm and cold items. We would definitely stay there again while in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a lakeview room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MaryGinny
medeovin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Charlotte, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear MaryGinny,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Port Charlotte Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I am so happy to hear you were greeted with a smile, and that you enjoyed everything. I look forward to your return visits, and wish you safe travels until we see you again!

Holiday Inn Express & Suites- Great Hotels Guests Love

Tracie Medina, General Manager
Moline, IL
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel two nights (Friday and Sunday) while in Florida for our granddaughter's wedding. We arrived on Friday a little tired after traveling almost all day. The desk clerk greeted us professionally yet was very warm and enthusiastic in her demeanor. She let us know there was complimentary juice as well as coffee. Our room was spacious and very clean and comfortable. Very nice to see the toiletries are now supplied from Bath & Body works (white citrus is my favorite new scent). Very refreshing/clean scent. We both got a good nights rest. When we checked in on Sunday night, a different clerk greeted us just as warmly and offered us bottles of water. We even got the same room as on Friday night. At breakfast the next day, the clerk that greeted us on Friday night was there at the desk and remembered us.

Room Tip: This being our first visit to the Port Charlotte hotel, we couldn't recommend one room or floor...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary L
Dear Mary L,

The staff and I are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit during your granddaughter’s wedding! It’s such a special day for your family, and I’m happy the staff was warm and caring. We strive to be a Great Hotel that Guests Love, and the staff enjoys making guests smile! Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Charlotte! We hope you will return and visit us again. Thank you for sharing your feedback, which I always share with the staff as well!

Holiday Inn Express & Suites- Great Hotels Guest Love