“Excellent food every time”

Visani Restaurant and Theater
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Dining at Visani is not your typical restaurant experience. Visani believes that dinner is something which should be enjoyed. You now have a choice when planning a special evening out. You can enjoy a great meal and then go home (that’s how it used to be) or you can enjoy a great meal and then follow it with some great entertainment. Visani is proud to offer a daily chef selection menu for your dining pleasure. All of our family recipes are freshly prepared. Start off with our delicious appetizers (The Prelude), then follow it up with a delicious dinner entrée (The Main Attraction)Ask our servers about our in house fresh made from scratch pasta. And most important, don’t forget dessert (The Finale) All of our desserts are homemade in our kitchens! Visani is also available for parties and corporate special events.
Port Charlotte, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food every time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

We have been to Visani's numerous times per month since they opened and have never had a bad experience. We have been to several shows, but most often go just for dinner. We prefer to sit in the "little room" off the theater and just have dinner. We go out to eat quite often and I will say Visani's has by far the very best ribeye steak in Charlotte County. My husband prefers to have the home made pasta and has always been impressed with his meal. I would highly recommend Visani's to anyone I know or don't know. The shows are very good, but personally I am more impressed with the food.

• Visited April 2013

Fort Myers, Florida
“Maybe I went on a bad night.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We went to Visani's for the show and dinner. We loved the show, the food was exceptional and we really enjoyed the meal. The staff needs a little work as they seemed to be under trained and or under staffed. Maybe I went on a bad night.....

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank John T
MrVisani, Owner at Visani Restaurant and Theater, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Reviewer stated that the food was exceptional and that he enjoyed the show. Yet he only gave us a 3 star review. (Average). I'm sure he did come on a busy night and maybe his server did not meet his standards. (This is Florida, even in a recession good help is hard to find). But if I was going to a venue that had exceptional food (which is very rare these days) and good entertainment, I would be telling the world. If this reviewer was ever to give a 5 star review to anyone, I would be there in a moment. Maybe he has the right idea. Perfection is rare and 5 stars should only be saved for perfection. To bad we no longer live in that perfect world. I really do appreciate his kind comments and will continue to look for 5 star servers.
Lake Suzy FL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good time had by all”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Went there twice, once with friends and once with 111 other people and had a wonderful time both times.

• Visited February 2013
Ohio
“Pass The Pepto, Please.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

We were in the neighborhood and hungry for Italian. We used our GPS to find Visani. Know this: it's much more a comedy/show club than restaurant. We were seated immediately and our server arrived quickly and was pleasant and helpful throughout the meal. But the food was well below average. I ordered the Italian Trio featuring three different dishes served together. Dinner came in a large bowl and the portion was huge. The three main items were drowned in marinara sauce with the overall effect of masking that this was actually a trio of items. I remarked to my wife that, if blindfolded and fed this meal, I would have been completely unable to distinguish one selection of the trio from any other. My wife's eggplant parm was described by her as "ok". We each had a glass of house chianti which was thin and of poor quality. What I think is this: Visani caters to a low-brow "live show" crowd and they are faced with the challenge of a 100 diners showing up at about the same moment to attend the 8PM (or whatever) show. They try their best...but the meal just wasn't good. We both shared that on the way home - it began to feel like we'd each swallowed a bowling ball. Pass the Pepto.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank Craig A
MrVisani, Owner at Visani Restaurant and Theater, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Every customer has the right to their opinion. Yes the dish is covered with marinara and melted cheese. Here is a description of the dish. Tour of Italy - a delicious sampling of our chef’s homemade sausage cacciatore spaghetti pie, breaded chicken cutlet, ½ meatball and baked ziti, topped off with marinara sauce and melted mozzarella. This is how it's served. It's made from fresh homemade ingredients. The reviewer may not have liked the dish, but rather than ask for something different, they would rather complain to the world. Not all of us where born with a spoon in our mouth. This reviewer insulted the class of customers that come to Visani. Maybe he and his wife should have tried some of the more expensive items on the menu. It's ironic because this customer said that I cater to the low brow customers. Actually no, my customers have a lot more class than he does. I stand behind our delicious food and pray that customers like this one never return!
Halifax, Canada
“Food was fresh and delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Enjoyed Visani's with my parents and my children. We didn't attend the comedy show but very much enjoyed the meal. Fresh, made from scratch ingredients. Would recommend the steak. Service was exceptional.

• Visited March 2013