“Not bad, but could have been better”
Review of Portofino Waterfront Dining - CLOSED

Portofino Waterfront Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
North Canton, Ohio
“Not bad, but could have been better”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Four of us arrived at 12:20pm for lunch. Because of the strong winds, we chose to sit inside and were seated at a nice table with nice views of the harbor. Our drinks were served and orders taken by 12:30pm. Not bad. We were served our meals at 1pm, a bit longer than we wanted but not terrible. Food was ok to good, overall service satisfactory, atmosphere good, and the prices were reasonable. We decided we would go there again primarily because of the view but there are other better area choices for the food and service.

1 Thank buffalobob65

Springfield, Illinois
“Terrible service!!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Server was friendly. We ordered appetizers which were fine. However, it took a Long time to get our drinks & our food order was taking so long we told the manager to cancel our order. Within a couple of minutes he brought out our order & made excuses about the amount of time we had been waiting. He did not offer us a discount on our drinks or any type of compensation. This was a Sunday night & we were the only table out on the patio!

3 Thank Terri G
Naples, Florida
“Second Time Around Still Good”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My wife and I origianally visited Portofino,s for first time in Feb.2012 with our neighbors and had a delightful lunch. My cousins were visiting St. Petersburg and I suggested we meet at Portofino's for lunch. I emailed them directions using this site and the reviews showed up. I read thenm and could not believe it was the same place from a year ago. They were reluctant to dine here after they read the reviews.After a few emails and phone calls we decided to meet there and change to another restaurant if needed. I had made arrangements for a party of six. We arrived and were immediately met by a receptionist and showed us our table. It was set with reservation label on the outter porch as I had requested. My wife felt that we would be better off inside and the waitress was polite and accomodating. She quickly moved us to an inside porch table. asked if we would like anything to drink, cold water or other beverage while we waited.
Shortly I guests arrived and we were seated. My cousin had trusted my judgement based on my previous visit and my wife's and my experince of dining in various places all over the world. Menu's were disrtibuted in a timely manner and shortly afterwards, our waiter, Robert, showed up with 6 glasses of water, ice filled with lemon slices on the side and asked us for other drink orders. He returned immediately with ice tea's and a frosty beer mug filled with his recommendation of the type beer. He took our orders in a very professional manner and a short time later showed up with the appetizers and soups, The calamari was shared by all and conceded it was excellent. We all had ordered the panni 'Isabella" and it was excellent. It was deliverd after a short wait, it was hot and cooked just right. It was comparable to the panni's we had eaten many times in Italy. Robert who was our server as well as the bartender was polite, efficient and attentive to our needs.He has been there 6 years, enjoyed working there, could not understand some of the negative reviews but conceded that during peak hours the restaurant ia packed from one end to the other and it is difficult to keep up with clientile who expect a fast food type service.
All in all we had a great dining experience and expect to return if th eopportunity arises. Recommend lunch as it is not so hectic and you can enjoy a leisurely meal. If you had a previous bad experience request Robert as your server although he may be tending bar and not available. Great view and despite previous reviews the windows were clean..

2 Thank Joe V
Punta Gorda, Florida
“"Off the beaten path"”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

The view was worth the price of the meal! I had driven by the resturant on several occasions and never stopped in, but yesterday the weather was perfect to sit out and enjoy lunch. With the past reviews on our minds, we decided to take a chance (whats the worst that could happen?) My husband ordered the po boy (yummy!) the muffaletta sandwich was the (bomb!), the coleslaw fablulous.... No longer on the beaten path!

Port Charlotte, Florida
“nice view”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

very big restaurant lots of out door seating with great views. food is tasty. little more white table cloth price but would go back

Visited January 2013