“Great Diner Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Olympia

Olympia
Ranked #15 of 206 Restaurants in Port Charlotte
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Port Charlotte, Florida, United States
“Great Diner Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

We live in Port Charlotte and this is one of the best places for a delicious breakfast. My husband always gets a traditional bacon, eggs plate. I have gotten their crepes with strawberrys, wonderful.
We have also been there for dinner and have been really satisfied with whatever we order. Liver and onions is a favorite of my husband. The waitresses are very efficient and pleasant. Always coming around to make sure everything is o.k. It is also a great price performance.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Joyce O

Painted Post, New York
“Great authentic Greek food!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

When I stayed in Port Charlotte in May of 2013, I went there twice to eat. Then when I went back in August, you better believe it, I went twice again! If I had time, I would have went more!! This is the BEST Greek food I have had in a very long time. The Gyros are the BEST!!! The Mousaka is really good too. So are the Dolmades!! The lemon cream sauce for them is excellent too! The cabbage soup is delicious. I don't like anyone's coleslaw, but I found that I really like theirs. The food that I have ordered and eaten, was made with fresh ingredients. I am planning on moving to Port Charlotte soon. The only complaint I have, is the atmosphere. The waitress who waits on you is usually pretty nice. The other people who are working there, aren't that friendly if they aren't waiting on you and seem like they are unhappy. That makes it not feel comfortable when I dine there. They should work on their people skills. A Greek lady in there yells from one end of the restaurant to whoever within the dining area. It's not very comfortable to have someone do that. She isn't yelling because she is mad. She is yelling to talk to them. It's very annoying. Other than that, it is one of my favorite places.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank kathleen m
South Florida, Florida
“cabanara pasta”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

tasted good but as soon as I left within 20 minutes I was sick.... had the runs.... another place that does not agree with me...this does not happen often if fact this is the first time in years... oh well so sorry...

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank marko122
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Gyros!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I live in the area! The Gyros are authentic, and delicious. I order this for breakfast as well. This isn't typical for breakfast, but they always accommodate my request. My spouse has ordered many items, and they are great too. When we have company, we dine here as well. I mainly visit at breakfast, and lunch. FYI..The staff can be a bit grouchy at times, but they mean well. It hasn't stopped me from going though.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank sh m
Florida
“We just keep coming back !!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

We lived in the area 20 years before we ever ate at the Olympia. However we are quickly making up for lost time. This family owned Greek restaurant with owners on site is a rare find. Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner you can't go wrong. the breakfast menu has something for EVERYONE . Omelets, Pancakes, Etc etc. the daily specials are the best. The lunch specials and menu are so varied you can't ever make up your mind. My favorite is the Greek salad with gyro meat, with homemade cabbage soup. This soup is so popular they now offer it daily. The portions are large.
The dinner selections will blow you mind. So many reasonable specials that are always changing. Someday we'll save space for those awesome looking Greek pastries.
The wait staff are attentive and very friendly. This place is where the locals eat. give it a try. you'll be in for a very reasonable priced meal . That will make you come back time and time again.

• Visited September 2012