“Just Not Up To Par”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Charlotte
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Port Charlotte
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Friendly staff, good variety for a complimentary breakfast, but it is just not up to par. We stayed two night, each night in a different room. Both nights there were only 'suites' available. These suites are nothing special and certainly don't warrant the price charged. The carpet looked new in both rooms and both rooms seemed clean on first impression. The sheets and pillow case on the second room we stayed in was so wrinkled that I had an uneasy feeling that it had been slept in before. The air conditioner in both rooms operated on high and.noisy or when turned down did not come on at all. In the first room we found the sofa in the middle of the floor, which was curious but easy to remedy. Not worth over $200 per night.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank allez2008
PrashantCX, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

We are sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience during your stay. It is unfortunate when situations like this arise. We take every action to make sure that all guests are affected as little as possible. We hope you will consider us again when you are in the area.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Room was a 2 room suite. They put us by the elevator which really irritates me and should have said something sooner. Breakfast staff was overwhelmed by number of people staying at hotel, but did OK. For most part room was quite after 9pm. Internet was a little slow. sd

Room Tip: NOT by the elevator
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time toreview our Hotel. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

This very really happens but this hotel could not be described as exceptional or terrible it is just..... well nice !

It is one of these generic hotels that offers nothing exceptional but alternatively one would be hard-pressed to say anything bad about it. Nice just about sums it up.

The hotel is just off I 70 and though a little setback is easy to find if you have GPS navigation. The rooms are of a sufficient size, clean, tidy and well maintained and has all the accoutrements one would need for a comfortable stay.

There is an Applebee's restaurant with in a very short driving distance but seems a little bereft of of the quality beaching establishments.

It is the sort of hotel one can stay at and be hard-pressed to remember the experience two days later.
From my recollections it is a clean, comfortable hotel in a safe area with polite and helpful staff.

If that is all you need this is the hotel for you when in the area.

Room Tip: Choose any room. I'm sure they are all much the same
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
PrashantCX, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Thank you so much for your stay in Port Charlotte! We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I had a situation recently where I was unable to cancel my reservation at this hotel by the designated time because I was in an airplane and couldn't use my phone. Our plane was diverted to St Petersburg because of fog and we had to stay there overnight. As soon as I could call the hotel I did and explained my predicament to them but I was told I would still be charged for the room. I contacted corporate and even though I was told the hotel would contact me within 48 hours I finally heard back from them 7 days later. Due to their "policy" they could not refund my room charge. Will never stay at a Country Inn EVER!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Sandy D
CarlsonRezidor, Corporate Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to write your review, as well as sending Corporate Customer Care an e-mail. We are happy we were able to work with you to resolve the situation. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I booked this hotel through hotwire as I needed a place close to the Punta Gorda airport. It was clean and had a nice breakfast room with good choices. It's a little hard to find as the street to get in looks like you're going into an alley so a sign would be nice. The wifi was good. TV could be better. The bathroom was spacious and clean.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank 25cw
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Came in late from a late flight into Punta Gorda. They were very welcoming and met all our needs. After a good nights sleep in comfortable beds we had a good breakfast in the breakfast room. It was very good. Our room was clean and quiet.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Just stayed at the Country Inn and Suites; good value for the money. Rooms were newer, and were always clean. We upgraded to a suite, which meant having an additional couch and chair that made our 6 night stay even more enjoyable. They have a continental breakfast every morning; and most mornings it was very good. Typical fare included some type of eggs and breakfast meat, as well as a good selection of cereals, breads and juices. Only one breakfast wasn't very tasty, as the biscuits and gravy had way too much salt. The hotel is centrally located, and there is a Wendy's and McDonald's close, and Cracker Barrel is across the street. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
PG Waterfront Hotel & Suites
#5 of 7 in Punta Gorda
Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside
Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Charlotte? Share your experiences!