“Great value for dog owners”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Port Charlotte
GreenLeadersBronze level
Newport News, Virginia, United States
“Great value for dog owners”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Saying that this hotel was pet friendly is an understatement. The staff was outstanding and made a point to make a fuss over our dog even giving him treats and lots of love. The rooms were nice the breakfast and coffee hit the spot... We plan on staying here again

1 Thank Kim B
Sabrina P, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Kim B, thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. The staff really does try and go above and beyond to make sure all guests have a good time. The rooms really are nice and the breakfast and coffee is just right. I am pleased to hear that you will be one of our return guests, and we look forward to seeing you very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Hammonton, New Jersey
Reviewed July 10, 2013

While the service staff did their best to accommodate my needs, the hotel itself was a disappointment. It was necessary to remind registration clerk both on check-in and check-out that the bill had been prepaid. The first room I was given appeared "occupied" with used water bottles left in room and the ironing board and iron left out. The bathroom was dirty and it was clearly apparent it had not been cleaned. I was given an "upgrade" to a mini-suite but, offered no assistance in relocation. During the first night in the upgraded room, the air conditioning did not work (outside temps were well in excess of 90 degrees). Once air conditioning was fixed, one could have preserved raw meat in the room. The last two nights at the hotel were spent listening to an army of prepubescent "little league baseball players" who apparently found running the bases in the hotel hallways more fun than on their respective playing fields. The noise was everywhere. The mess they created was consistent with the presence of an army of pre-teen boys. And, one could not get near the "free breakfast" since the players and their parents occupied every seat in the common area. I will not stay at this hotel again and do not recommend it for anyone else.

Room Tip: Seek another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank 77Tom77
77Tom77, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I do apologies about the front desk checking you into a room that was not ready, and about the ac problem in your upgraded suite. I am sorry that we were not able to more to make things right during your stay. I do understand there is only so much we can do with a large baseball team in house, but I would like to apologies if they were being noisy. I do hope that if you are ever our guest again that we will be able to make things right, and make that you have the best stay possible.
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed July 7, 2013

When you first walked into hotel all you could smell is cleaning solution on top of animal smell. I am sure if you have animals you most likely wouldn't smell it but for ones that do not have animals will smell it. Especially ones that have allergies. Then we walk up to room & see a big chunck of white animal hair that stayed there the entire twos dys that we were there. Then we go into room & all I smell is animal & animal pee. Later on that evening I asked the young lady at the front desk if the entire hotel rooms allowed pets or if they have all rms for pets,she said all rms for pets. She asked why & I told her the situation & she said I can move you to a different rm. And I said but you just told me all rms allowed pets correct & she said correct. I said well that is not going to help with my allergies & the smell through out hotel & rms. And then she said well I don't understand why it is smelling because every rm that an animal stays in we steam clean it after they check out. Thats pretty funny to me that she is going to stand there & lie to me since our rm smelt like pee & the two dys we stayed there we never seen any of the house keepers clean a rm of ones that had checked out that had animals with a steam cleaner. I mean they couldn't even cleam the carpet in the hall of animal hair that had been in front of our door the whole two dys. I am not an idiot so don't stand there & lie to me. And the breakfast was halfway decent. Would not recommend the hard brick bisquits to anyone though. Would have liked to see a little bit of better selection. Like maybe scrambled eggs , potatoes, bacon. I should have looked better at website to see it was pet friendly because I would have never stayed unless there was a upper floor that was not allowed for pets. Not happy with the stay at all!! Especially when I had to go to Wal-mart to get allergie meds & Lysol. And then at check out we were getting billed more then what we were giving at booking & had printed out. But manager did take care of at check out. So that was nice. Don't think I will stay with you all again though. Sorry....... If you have animals & can handle the smell of animals & pee then its a good place for you to stay. I Love animals but not ones that are not clean & that pee in rms.

Room Tip: Hallway smelt like cleaner & wet dogs. And rm smelt like animal pee.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

3 Thank Cheryl J
Cheryl J, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I do apologies if during your stay there was an off smell. We do appreciate you letting us know your thoughts on our pet friendly hotel. La Quinta takes all reviews and turns them into a positive learning experience. Thank you again for letting us know, we will make sure that this never happens again. We assure you if you ever stay with us again, that you will be impressed.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 5, 2013

It was my stay in a La Quinta and based on the fact that my family usually stays in 5 star and Gold time shares, I was concerned. It was a one night quick stay for a baseball tournament. From the moment we entered the lobby I was flawed by the customer service and smile that Rae provided. She is the ultimate employee. She handled every aspect of the hotel stay from check in, clean up, food. Best of all she smiled and welcomed every guest as if they were her best friend. As an owner of 7 different small businesses, I would give my right arm for an employee like Rae.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am so pleased to hear that Rae treated you and your family with the guest services that you deserve. I will be sure to let Rae know the positive impact she had on your one night stay. We will make sure that she keeps up the good work. Thank you for being our guest. We do hope that if you are ever in the area again that you will stop by and visit.
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband, myself and our pet dog Babe were returning to our other home in Gibsonburg, Ohio. We had a very early flight Monday morning, it was pouring down rain and we wanted to stay in a hotel close to the Charlotte County Airport Sunday. The rental car agency referred us to the La Quinta in Punta Gorta. What a great referral. I called to make a reservation and to ask a few questions. Bernie answered the call. I must say that I have never been greeted or treated with such kindness or respect. Upon our arrival Bernie was there to provide us with the La Quinta hospitality. Although we only stayed one night, we would have been very comfortable staying long term. Everyone needs to experience Bernie. He truly is enjoyable and a Big plus for La Quinta. Thank you for making our night. Cheri & Jerry Lawrence

1 Thank Cheri L
Sabrina P, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
ChernJer, Thank you for taking the time to write your glowing review. I am pleased to hear that your husband, babe and yourself were able to have such a good time even during the pouring rain. I am thrilled that you received the guest services that you deserve. Bernie really does go out of his way to make sure each guest receives that warm La Quinta hospitality. We do hope that if you are ever in the area again that you will be our guest. Until then thank you for choosing La Quinta Inn and Suites.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Charlotte
Days Inn Port Charlotte
Days Inn Port Charlotte
#3 of 8 in Port Charlotte
Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte? Share your experiences!