“BEYOND SUPERB!”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Port Charlotte
GreenLeadersBronze level
“BEYOND SUPERB!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The staff... oh man, how WONDERFUL the staff is here!! I can not say enough thanks to Chris Heaxt, the General Manager, and his entire team (Shane, Amber, Bernie, Nicole, Alex) for bending over backwards to make sure I was comfortable with the accommodations. From what I understand, the hotel was bought out a few months ago, and the previous owners neglected the property, so the team that is in here now has had the challenge of turning it around beyond belief! I stayed at this hotel for a few years once it opened, and there was just something about it that did not feel very "homey", so I switched and went next door to the Sleep Inn & Suites. After seeing some changes happening on the exterior, I was curious and went over to see what was going on. There was this wonderful welcome sign by the GM, and this unbelievable scent, I think they said it was white tea, that hit you as soon as you walk in, but man, it was so refreshing!! Oh yeah, and they're still in the process of revamping the Fitness Center, so, unfortunately I will have to come back to enjoy that. New landscaping and pool furniture too! Again, THANK YOU for providing me with such a warm welcome and genuine care for your guests. I will be back to see you again my friends!! -Robert Jamison

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Chris H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Mr Jamison, I can not say enough thanks for your patronism! Since taking over in December, myself and the staff have taken great strides to improve the property and glad to see that you agree. There is not enough space in my response to say thank you for all of your comments, but please know it is greatly appreciated!! We are always here for our guests, so if there is anything that you may need of myself or the staff, please do not hesitate to let us know. Hope to welcome you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Saint Cloud, Florida
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying in the La Quinta Port Charlotte last weekend. The manager Chris Heaxt was very accomadating to us since the hotel was almost fully booked when we called for our reservation. The room was great as was the pool and common areas of the hotel. Coffee and breakfast was wonderful as well. Thank you for a great stay Chris & staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks so much DianaS340 for taking the time to let me know about your experience. I am personally thrilled to hear that I was of great service to you! Myslef and the entire team at La Quinta try our best to make each and every guest experience, and it makes me proud that we were able to do that for you today. Thanks so much, you're welcome back anytime ;)
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Beautiful Garden
Good place for Pets

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thanks for your feedback, guest reviews help us improve in any way possible! I truly appreciate it, thanks again!!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had a wonderful family reuion in Port Charlotte, FL over Easter weekend, 2013. Rooms were clean, nice pool and hot tub and breakfast was very good. We reserved several rooms and the front desk staff got mixed up as to who was paying for which rooms, etc and even charged our credit card incorrectly. So....great place to stay, but make sure the staff clearly understands your stay and who gets billed. All this said, we will stay again...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pipcarolinas
Dear pipwi, I thank you for your candid response and choosing to stay with us. I am glad to hear that all of your family members enjoyed our hotel and their stay with us, although there may be some room for improvement on Front Desk operations. I will look in to this matter for immediate correction. If I may be of any further assistance to make this situation right for you, please email me directly at LQ0997GM@LaQuinta.com.
Reviewed April 5, 2013

From the staff to the amenities, I can not say enough about how wonderful of a La Quinta this is! I travel often, and all the other La Quinta's have a LOT to look up to when compared to the Port Charlotte location! Keep it up Chris and the team, the changes being made are wonderful and could not ask for a more pleasant stay!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear guest, I would like to thank you for such a glowing review! I appreciate any and all feedback, and I am even more happy that our upgrades to the property are being noticed. I thank you again for taking the time to let me know about your experience, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed March 31, 2013

VERY CLEAN from lobby to room to pool! Highly recommend! Great staff too, very friendly and helpful. Comfortable beds. Heated pool and jacuzzi. Nice, well stocked, breakfast too. Coffee/tea 24/7. Convenient to I-75, but not too far from harbour area (great fishing!). Even beach only 40 minutes away. Love that the hotel is situated back off main street and pool is in back of hotel, not on the front facing the highway like some of the competitors. Makes for a very relaxing stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JMASBELL
Chris H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thanks for your review JMASBELL! I truly appreciate all of your kind words, as we strive to create a relaxing environment for all of our guests. Please come back and see us again soon, your friends at La Quinta are ALWAYS available to welcome you back with a warm, friendly smile!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Charlotte
Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda
Days Inn Port Charlotte
Days Inn Port Charlotte
#4 of 8 in Port Charlotte

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte? Share your experiences!