“Top-Notch”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Florida
“Top-Notch”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel quite a bit and must say that everything about this hotel is amazing -- if you're contemplating your choices in the area, look no further. First and foremost all the employees here are incredible. Christine in particular has always been nothing but extremely friendly and helpful and will really go the extra mile for you. Housekeeping does a wonderful job keeping the rooms extremely clean and you can really tell that this property has never been neglected in the past. For being located so conveniently to the highway, with the positioning of the building and beautiful landscaping it feels so much more serene and relaxed than many hotels with similar locations. Finally, there is a nice (heated!) pool and hot tub to enjoy as well as a great breakfast selection.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Chris H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Your kindness for such a glowing review is appreciated! We strive to make every guest interaction a true, one-of-a-kind experience like no other. I'm happy to hear that our entire staff was able to make that happen for you. Thanks again for staying at La Quinta Port Charlotte, I look forward to enjoying your presence on your return visit to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Our family stays at this hotel almost every week while working part-time in SW Florida, and we always look forward to the smile and hospitality of Christine at the front desk! Great people, I would highly recommend this hotel for their strong customer service.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jim33950, thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that our staff was able to make you feel at home with our tue, warm southern hospitality. Your business is greatly appreciated, and I look forward to your next visit with us soon.
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I came to SW Florida to purchase property and it took longer than anticipated. I ended up having to "live" at la quinta for 2 weeks. The staff here is the best I have ever encountered. (and I have stayed at many ). From the first walk through the front door, I felt welcome and comfortable. Everyone here is polite, courteous and goes the extra mile to make guests feel at home (or better). Although I did not bring my dogs on this trip, I choose to always stay at laquinta because they are pet friendly. For this, I reciprocate by always staying there wherever I may roam. It is a very clean and well kept building and grounds. Christine and everyone else at the front desk seem like old friends and that is comforting so far from home. It's the little things like a pleasant smile and a friendly hello that make the difference. Many of the "senior citizen" visitors to this area are very rude, demanding, oblivious to those around them and seem to have an exaggerated sense of entitlement. The staff should be recognized for their unwavering ability to keep them happy. When I finally get to move here, I will certainly reccomend (insist even) that that my family and friends stay there when they visit us here at our new home. Keep up the great work, you all deserve a raise!

Room Tip: being that the elevator is centrally located, all the rooms are probably good. I have in the pas...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Chris H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Bill J, let me say that your review is very enlightening, and brought laughter to my office! I hate to say it, but your review is very true near the end (you know which part)! LOL I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the hometown friendliness of our staff, and our new hotel as well. Thanks again for coming "home" to La Quinta, and please, you are more than welcome back anytime, let us know, we're HERE FOR YOU!
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, United States
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The front desk staff is very friendly, the continental breakfast has a nice variety with hot and cold food, The rooms are all updated and modern with a fridge and microwave in the room. They also have a heated pool,... those of us who live in Florida know how important that is!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thanks Jen B for your kind words! I am glad to hear that you found our breakfast was of great variety, and you thoroughly enjoyed it. And yes, I do know how very much needed an outdoor HEATED pool is in Florida! LOL Thanks again for staying with us and for choosing La Quinta, and please come back and see us on your next trip to Port Charlotte.
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Returned to this location for one night. We had stayed here for a few nights 2 years back. This location has not failed either time, to live up to our expectations. Bernard, on the front desk, was very accommodating. They had a busy weekend and he took the time to ensure that the room he was looking at booking us into had been cleaned. We were able to get into our room quickly and everything was perfect. They had a full hotel, and the gal in the breakfast area was busy making sure everything was topped up properly. As always, I am so thankful that this hotel chain takes our pet when we are travelling. No questions and additional fees!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, and for returning to see us again! When our guests are return customers, they then become just like "family." I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the company of Bernie, he is a great asset to the La Quinta team and is not going any where! As you had also mentioned, we are VERY PET FRIENDLY, and to make it even better, we do not charge for allowing them in your guest room! I thank you one last time for taking the time to review us, every word our guests say are very much appreciated. Come back and see us soon!
Bow, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We choose La Quinta because of their pet policy (always welcome, never an additional fee) as we sometimes travel with our two standard poodles. This stay in Port Charlotte was dog-less, but we are building rewards points in anticipation of future road trips with our dogs. The front desk staff, Christina and Bernard (?) were exceptional in their friendliness, helpfulness and overall pleasant demeanor. Our room (upgraded to deluxe) was large, comfortable and the housekeeping staff were also extremely pleasant.
The workout room was very functional, with a TV and the outdoor pool/spa area were clean and well-kept.
This may not be the very newest LQ or the swankiest place in Port Charlotte, but we were very, very happy--even the breakfasts are good. hard boiled eggs perfectly done, working waffle-maker, fresh fruits, milk & cereal, yogurt.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the non-highway side (even numbers) to reduce road noise, upper floor. We enjoyed...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear kenokids, your words brought a tear of joy to my face! I always enjoy reading positive comments from our guests, and when they mention our associates by name it is even better so I am able to commend them for their hard work and dedication. I will forward your review along to Christine and Bernie (Bernard), I am sure they will be very much appreciative as well. Thanks again, come back "home" any time, you will always be welcome!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This hotel is lovely. We arrived early and were able to check into our room. The hotel is bright, clean, and very friendly. There could be better signage to let you know you have to turn at the light beyond the property and double back. If there was a sign, I didn't notice. But, we found it and bonus- it's right next door to Cracker Barrel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Dear guest, thanks for your kind review! I am glad to see that we were able to win you over with 5 stars, it is very much appreciated! I'm sorry though that you had a little bit of an issue finding us, I know we are set back off of King's Hwy ever so slightly and you may have missed us. I have consulted with the owners of the hotel and are currently evaluating other options to make our visibility of ease to our guests. I do thank you once again for taking the time out to review us, and look forward to your return trip back to Port Charlotte.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Charlotte
Sleep Inn & Suites Port Charlotte
Days Inn Port Charlotte
Days Inn Port Charlotte
#3 of 8 in Port Charlotte

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte? Share your experiences!