“Nice family restaurant great breakfasts”

Peter's Family Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 209 Restaurants in Port Charlotte
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have been going here for the last 2 years, good food at very reasonable prices. They are VERY busy during snow bird season and sometimes there may be a 10 minute wait to be seated. Great breakfast specials, 2 eggs ham, bacon or sausage toast grits or home fries and coffee for less than $5. I Some of the best biscuits and gravy in the area.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Great food, and atmosphere, locals love it, compare it to your own favourite "neighborhood"
restaurant

2  Thank Mark C
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I live in Port Charlotte 9 months or more each year. We go out daily for breakfast and have quite a few great restaurants that we go to on a regular basis. Today we thought we would try someplace different. We arrived at Peters Family Restaurant about 10:30. The restaurant was busy but not jammed. We were seated very quickly. The waitress promptly took our drink order and very quickly returned and took our food order. In under 10 minutes she returned with our food. My order was French toast, 2 eggs over medium, 2 bacon strips and a sausage link. My wife's meal 2 eggs over medium, 2 bacon strips and toast. I took a bite of sausage and it was barely warm. I tried the bacon and it was cold. I flagged the waitress down and told her the bacon and sausage were cold. I asked her to remake the breakfast. She said she would not remake the whole breakfast and would only re-do the bacon and sausage. She took my plate and returned with it quickly minus the cold bacon and sausage. I took a bite of the French toast and it was cold also. The only thing hot on the plate was the eggs. When the waitress returned with the hot bacon and sausage I told her the French toast was cold and that my wife's bacon was cold. My wife said to forget about her bacon as she was nearly finished with the rest of her breakfast including the cold toast. She took my plate and returned a few minutes later with hot and fresh everything. This waitress was rude and down right nasty. She slammed my plate in a bin located close to our table. She was very mad that I complained about cold food.

After finishing our meal I went to the cashier to settle up. The gal behind the register said she could not ring up a check and I had to wait for the guy to return who collects. After a couple of minutes and with other customers lining up behind me I asked where he was. She told me he was setting up the salad bar. I got out my phone went to my calculator and added up my bill. I handed her the check and cash and walked out. I just about got in my car when I heard someone yelling "you owe me more money". I asked how much and he said a nickel. I know this sounds ridiculous but it happened. I told him the food was terrible and the waitress was nasty. He said F....You don't come back. He didn't give me a chance to tell him I would not return.

3  Thank sltobin
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Every thing you would want from a family restaurant. Extensive and varied menu. Greek and American food for any taste. Portions are generous and the staff is friendly and attentive. A favorite with the locals. Quite busy during the season but the recently expanded dining area and
salad bar are an added plus. We have been wintering here for several years and.always return to Peters.

2  Thank aljel1939
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We arrived right after the breakfast buffet ended, which is just as well buffets are not my thing. The restaurant was busy with what appeared to be the locals. Quite a few tables conversed familiarly with the staff. I had the breakfast quesadilla and hashbrowns. Generous portions, I took 1/2 of it home for later. No problem getting a to-go cup of iced tea. Our server was friendly, a bit forgetful, but nothing to compain about.

2  Thank dentalhy