“Time for a Name Change - Ocean Racer it is not!”

Canaveral Ocean Racer
More attraction details
Owner description: Ocean Racer is a 65' speed boat that provides customers with a thrill ride along the beaches of Cape Canaveral & Cocoa Beach. Tours depart Wednesday's, Saturday's & Sunday's at 11 am, 1 pm & 3 pm. If you have at least 20 people in your party, we will be happy to schedule a tour on a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday if that will work better for you.During your speed boat tour, we will give you some great history about port canaveral as well as the beaches. We will also be spotting sea creatures and will point them out to you so you can capture some great photos. We have been known to see dolphins, sea turtles and manatees on our boat rides. You will also get to see Cruise ships, Cargo ships and various Military vessels including submarines when they are in port.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I'll have to agree with some of the other reviewers when they say "Nothing thrilling about this boat". I did expect a high speed thrill ride and ended up with a sightseeing tour. It is a nice boat ride and we did see a few dolphins and a turtle. The beach scenery is very pretty and it sure beats sitting indoors anyday of the week, but I think I have a great new name for your boat - The Ocean Observer

3  Thank CAPECANAVERALVISITOR

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We bought these tickets reading the description and were very excited to go out on the boat. The captain and the tour guide were very personable and knowledgeable but unfortunalty made promises they couldn't keep.
I realize that wildlife has a mind of it's own but we were told that we WOULD see more dolphins and sea turtles than we could handle.
We did see a dolphin where we launched from and was told that this was just the beginnning of the adventure.
Well, needless to say we didn't see ANYTHING else for the whole boat ride! The boat did go a little fast but was not nearly exciting as we were promised. Basically their goal was to get as many customers wet as they could and that was the exciting part. We spent a lot of time riding up and down the beach with them enthusiasticaly waving to everyone on the shore. Now, I know when they are trying to advertise and that is what they spent over half of the boat ride doing. I thought that was a little cheesy when we were the customers paying for the boat ride.
All in all, all of us and there were eight of us that bought these tickets were disappointed and wouldn't recommend it to our friends.

4  Thank melba r
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Looking at the review below I think your experience will vary depending on what Captain you have. I have been out with two on separate occaisions. My review is based on Captain Craig. I prefer more excitement and Captain Craig delivered. He went out of his way to make sure everyone was having a good time. I did not feel in danger at any time. With other Cap Charlie it was much more low key and laid back. It was way too slow for me but thats me. Weather, waves, rip current etc. was the same both times so I dont think that made a difference.Choose as to what type of ride fits you better. As for me I will stick with Captain Craig. All the tour guides (forgot what they call them) were awesome also!

5  Thank Opal1013
Reviewed August 24, 2012

went on this boat was fantastic book online for besdt rates will go again next time we are in town
music really cool sets mood for a laid back water trip

2  Thank steve w
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is advertised as follows: Ocean Racer is a 65' speed boat that provides customers with a "thrill ride" along the beaches of Cape Canaveral & Cocoa Beach. There was absolutely NO THRILL!!!! This was a slow boat ride that hugged the cost of Cape Canaveral & Cocoa Beach for the main purpose of advertising their business!! Have been on many speed boat tours & this doesn't come close to any of them. Do not waste your money.

2  Thank Pam D