“Great seafood with a view”

Baja Chowder and Seafood
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We were a party of 5 ages from 72 - 18 and some none fish eaters. We were all pleased with what we got, from shrimp to chicken it was all very good. there is a wonderful view and it was a Friday night and they had live music.

Norman k, Owner at Baja Chowder and Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Thank you for your feedback Florita. What could we have done better to earn a rating of 5 from you?

Best,
Norman

Reviewed June 12, 2014

I don't usually like to do bad reviews but this is one you have to know about. I ate at this restaurant twice in the week I stayed in Cocoa Beach. The first time was a very good experience. Don't be fooled by the exterior. This is right next to Rusty's in Port Canaveral. The food was surprisingly good and creative. The lobster cream appetizer was the best. Deserts were really good too.
When we went back on Friday for the lobster special ($15.99) we were very disappointed. The lobster has no flavor, was tough and barely warm. It was obviously cooked well ahead of time and sat in barely warm water until served. The appetizers and deserts were still really good though.
So my advice is to try the place but avoid the lobster special.

Thank you for your recent visit to Baja Tavern and Eats, Jim. We appreciate your patronage and honest feedback. If you are ever unhappy with any menu item you order such as the lobster, please ask to speak with a manager so we may quickly remedy the situation during your visit. We want all of our customers to enjoy their Baja expereience as much as we do. Cooking a fresh, new lobster while ensuring the flavor was to your liking would've been an easy fix for us!

Best,
Norman

Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

The $3 Bajaritas got us from the sidewalk, enjoyed sitting at the bar and listening to the live band (which was awesome). Bartender was good and the drinks were strong! Haha great for an in and out visit in my opinion.

Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

From the front it doesn't look like much, but we were promptly seated at a table on the deck overlooking the port. We watched dolphins and seagulls and boats moving about while we munched on chips and salsa. The service was friendly and very capable. Food came quickly and that's when I was blown away. I had the pan fried tilapia and my husband had the garlic steak. The two nice size pieces of fish were moist and flaky. Perfectly cooked and so flavorful. The steak was delicious. Thick cut, cooked exactly as ordered, so tender, and accompanied by a dollop of garlic butter. The potatoes that came with the steak were also perfect and the green beans were fresh, tender-crisp and nicely seasoned. Yummy, sweet coleslaw, plantains that were not greasy or mushy and seasoned crispy steak fries. One of the best meals I've had from the restaurants along the port. And since they have a Monday night special it was super affordable. My only minor complaint is that the mixed drink I had was watered down. I will order a different drink when we return... which we will. I am sorry to those that didn't enjoy the food. Based on my experience I would say give it another shot!

1  Thank JHKtravels
Reviewed April 14, 2014

The location is very cool. The Disney cruises set sail right in front of the restaurant, so if you sit on the deck the boat will pass within a couple hundred feet of you. We also saw a pod of about 20 dolphins swim past and go after a school of baitfish while we ate. Definitely try to sit on the deck so you can enjoy the food. The food isn't bad but it's nothing special, with the exception of the clam chowder. The chowder is award winning for a reason, not too doughy and overall really good. Your best bet is a cup of chowder and a sandwich. Check your hotel to see if they offer buy one get one coupons for entrees. The prices are fair, and if you can get a coupon it becomes a pretty good deal. Service is average, when it gets busy you can get a little neglected, but nothing too bad.