“Surprisingly Good!”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

From the front it doesn't look like much, but we were promptly seated at a table on the deck overlooking the port. We watched dolphins and seagulls and boats moving about while we munched on chips and salsa. The service was friendly and very capable. Food came quickly and that's when I was blown away. I had the pan fried tilapia and my husband had the garlic steak. The two nice size pieces of fish were moist and flaky. Perfectly cooked and so flavorful. The steak was delicious. Thick cut, cooked exactly as ordered, so tender, and accompanied by a dollop of garlic butter. The potatoes that came with the steak were also perfect and the green beans were fresh, tender-crisp and nicely seasoned. Yummy, sweet coleslaw, plantains that were not greasy or mushy and seasoned crispy steak fries. One of the best meals I've had from the restaurants along the port. And since they have a Monday night special it was super affordable. My only minor complaint is that the mixed drink I had was watered down. I will order a different drink when we return... which we will. I am sorry to those that didn't enjoy the food. Based on my experience I would say give it another shot!

1  Thank JHKtravels
There are newer reviews for Baja Chowder and Seafood

Reviewed April 14, 2014

The location is very cool. The Disney cruises set sail right in front of the restaurant, so if you sit on the deck the boat will pass within a couple hundred feet of you. We also saw a pod of about 20 dolphins swim past and go after a school of baitfish while we ate. Definitely try to sit on the deck so you can enjoy the food. The food isn't bad but it's nothing special, with the exception of the clam chowder. The chowder is award winning for a reason, not too doughy and overall really good. Your best bet is a cup of chowder and a sandwich. Check your hotel to see if they offer buy one get one coupons for entrees. The prices are fair, and if you can get a coupon it becomes a pretty good deal. Service is average, when it gets busy you can get a little neglected, but nothing too bad.

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

There was a time when the oysters were great. You would walk in, asked how the oysters were, and you got an honest answer. Mean Gene would tell you they're great or they were too small so we sent them back. Today, the new mngr says they're med size. Not true, they were the size if a quarter!!!! That's TINY, NOT MED!!! Oh yeah, forgot to mention they are now 75 cents. If you want good Oysters, head to Normans in Cocoa Village.

2  Thank Outbound71
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Love the view, bartenders are friendly, and the drink specials are just right for locals- $3 margaritas for example. It has an indoor / outdoor beachy setting. I haven't eaten here so can't comment in the food but definitely drink here.

1  Thank 23Adrian23
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We had dinner at Baja when Rusty's was too crowded. The food was average. I had a dozen tiny, tiny oysters on the half shell. In fact, they were way too small to be taken from their mother. My husband had an adequate catfish. The cold slaw was average. The service was lacking. When I ordered oysters on the half shell, she asked whether I wanted them cooked or raw. Duh! The key lime pie was great, but it was $7! It wasn't that good. Perhaps, the Seafood Atlantic Restaurant down the street would be a better choice. See my review of that restaurant.