“Rotten Restaurant”

Add it.
Fox's Pizza Den
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Fox's Pizza in Ponte Vedra gets the Rotten Tomatoe Award for poor service and outrageous prices. My daughter is gluten intolerant, so I explained this to the employee working at the register and asked if we could just order meatballs with marinara sauce. She said we could and that it would be 40 cents a meatball, which seemed reasonable. After she rang me up, I saw her take more order to the cook/owner, who began complaining that I had ordered 24 meatballs. He wanted to know how much sauce I wanted and I said that I just wanted a little, adding however much you normally include. He said, "you ordered a lot of meatballs so you need to buy the sauce, including that he wasn't giving me "that much sauce." I explained again that I did not want any extra sauce and he insisted that I buy a cup for $2.50 or I wasn't getting any sauce at all. In hind sight, I should've asked for a refund, but instead I left in shock with 24 tiny meatballs that didn't even fill a plate. The poor cashier apologized for her employer's rude behavior, but it is her I feel sorry for, since she has to work with this cheap skate daily. Yes, food costs have gone up, but his menu should reflect this instead of withholding sauce. I have heard of billing for extras, but not including any sauce with meatballs is just going too far!

2  Thank Sandkisses
There are newer reviews for Fox's Pizza Den

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Did I say I love this place. The owners are awesome. The food is delish. What a great gem to have in the PALM VALLEY Area!!!

Reviewed July 9, 2011

Of all the pizza places in our area, this one is the best. Love their Veggie Pizza. Can't beat a Big Daddy to feed a crowd.