“great access to the beach. good service”

The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach
Austin, Texas
“great access to the beach. good service”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

The on site restaurant has terrific service. VERY attentive waiters and tasty food...even our banquet food was good. Being from Texas we were surprised at the cold weather at the beginning of the week late March to early April stay. Very windy so the outdoor dinner was freezing and they have no heaters for outdoor dining. The spa is phenomenal except for the over-selling that slightly dampened the mood during my massage. I had 7 recommendations, none of which I asked for and it was hard for me to relax with my masseuse constantly recommending a new product for my dry skin (which I did not know I had) and then for my sleep problems (which I don't have) ...it went on. Okay enough of the bad... the positives: great access to the beach, the Spa had an outdoor pool that was adult only and very attentive attendants at their cabana. The spa is huge and definitely worth a visit for the entire day. Just make sure you tell your masseuse you prefer not to talk during the massage prior to beginning. The scents provided were top notch. Fireplace in our room was enjoyed, the rooms are quite large with kitchenette which we like for fruit in the morning. Maid service comes twice a day and are VERY good at coming back when you are not in the room. The valet guys were fun and friendly, appreciated their good moods. The pool/patio area just up from the beach is heated and a mere walk from your room. Try the white sangria at the pool and their key lime pie is to die for. LOVED it. Overall we really enjoyed our stay. Very minor items all considering and if we were in town again for a conference I would stay here again. Beach walks were nice, not too shelly for bare feet. A great place to bring the kids. Oh last thing - the gym! my husband said it was small with little equipment but I went to the classes and I have been to a lot of country clubs where they are very unwelcoming of non-members who are hotel guests - not so at this gym. Each instructor welcomed me and the front desk staff at the gym was so kind and welcoming. I understand some guests are not prudent of the members at a club but at this gym I did not feel like an outsider. I really appreciated the gym staff. Thank you again for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Not sure how to get a quiet room... there was no sleeping in allowed here. Not sure if it was const...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Lacey P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We loved the Lodge very pretty. The staff was very friendly. Valet was great. Our preferred oceanfront room was marvelous. Fireplace and two balconies facing the ocean. Being able to hear the waves and feel the breeze was perfect. Romantic lodge. Our room was available at 12:30 in the afternoon which was great. We had lunch at the Oasis both days. The view of the ocean, the friendly servers and the food was magnificent. The bathroom in our room was large and decorated nicely. We did not want to leave. Thank you for a wonderful weekend.

Room Tip: Preferred Oceanfront 4th floor (we had third) facing ocean and pool. You get a gas fireplace and tw...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marlene K
Greensboro, Maryland
Reviewed March 16, 2014

As soon as you drive up, the bell staff at the front ask for your name and radio it ahead to the front desk so they are pretty much ready by the time you walk up to the desk. The first thing you notice is how good it smells. Very pleasant. Staff was quick about getting me checked in. And that was pretty much my experience with all the staff for the duration of my stay. They were pleasant, accommodating and efficient without being intrusive.

The room is an oasis. I would love to have been able to spend more time in it. A large room with a kitchen, king bed, walk-in closet, gas fireplace, window seat - perfect for reading, right on beach. The entrance is off the street, but there is a back door from the room that (on level 3) that leads right to the beach. I loved being able to wake up and walk out to the beach with a hot drink first thing in the morning. Before I even showered. So peaceful.

The bathroom is great too. It has a double sink, separate shower & tub. The tub has a pillar candle & matches - wish I had a chance to use it.

Each evening there is turn-down service with a couple of chocolates and a list of the next day's activities including exercise options. Free wifi throughout the property.

The bed is comfortable - lots of pillows. I slept soundly and never noticed any noise from other rooms.

Overall, this place was great!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dothan al
Reviewed March 3, 2014

If you want to stay on the beach and don't like crowds this is the perfect place. The Lodge and club hotel is 2 story's with 66 rooms and is surrounded on either side mostly by single family homes on the beach (no large multi-story condos here). The staff was attentive and friendly. The free breakfast and afternoon tea and snacks were excellent. The room was a little dated but very clean and nice with a large bathroom. TV reception (direct TV) was excellent with a large selection of channels. I used a travelzoo voucher and paid 350.00 dollars for two weekend nights (plus the 24.00 daily resort fee) for this price the Lodge and club was an excellent value.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KeithF928
Chester, NJ
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

We had a great experience for three previous nights at the Ponte Vedra Inn and Club. We then moved over to the Lodge and Club and had an awful experience upon arrival due to a leaky ceiling, lack-luster staff attentiveness and a bad dinner (the tuna was inedible). We followed up with the lodge manager and voiced our concerns. He went above and beyond to ensure the remainder of our stay was excellent. There was a noticeable change in the quality of service and concern for our comfort. Although we got off to a rocky start, I was impressed with the response of management. We ended up enjoying our remaining days and would go back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Allison G
Wake Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed January 24, 2014

The Lodge is a beautiful beach hotel right outside Jacksonville. The staff is very attentive from the valet to the housekeepers. The food in the lounge was really good. The rooms are large and most rooms have a view of the ocean. We look forward to returning when the weather would allow us to use the pool and swim in the ocean. Also, the hotel has access to the best golf courses in the PVB area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in June we had a two bedroom ocean front and a one bedroom ocean front great location outside Jacksonville on the ocean. Beach is very nice the service top shelf ,the food was great . Friendly staff. Only hiccup was they tried to take our two bedroom ocean front from us saying there was a glitch in the computer system we had made the reservation one year in advance we fought them tooth and nail and they stopped when we asked to talk to the top manager of the resort he said it should
Never of happened. It was the room manager who tried to change our suite something was not right about the whole thing. But it all worked out for us. I would love to know who wanted our suite. It was the presidential suite. We are returning this year I will do a follow up to see if any thing strange happens this year.we don't have the presidential suite this year so I don't foresee a problem
But we still loved the hotel
And the area around it is full of things to do antique shops etc. I gave it a very good because of the reservation snafu

• Stayed June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ponte Vedra Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville /...
#2 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
No photo provided
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach? Share your experiences!