“Hidden Gem”

Mickler's Landing Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed July 1, 2015

I've lived in Jacksonville for a month now and visited several of the beaches but did not hear about Mickler's until recently from a local who said this was the spot. I typed it into my gps and as I got closer I started to wonder if I was headed to the right place. All of the sudden I found a gate and a hidden parking area. If you are not actually looking for it you might miss it all together.
There are several parking spots, restrooms and great shower and foot wash areas. It is obviously a popular spot for the surfers as they were in plenty when we arrived late afternoon/early evening. Dogs and Horses (yes horses) are allowed on this beach and there is an information board for other wildlife to ensure visitors do not disturb. A long wooden bridge/walkway leads you through the trees and then all of the sudden you drop off onto the beach. It is not as wide as other beaches in the area at the main point but as you go left or right of that starting point it widens out.
The waves are great and very strong. Lots of shells and a great area of soft sand and nice area of flat sand. There were lifeguards there when we visited.
The big draw here is the fact that during low tide visitors and locals alike visit to search for shark teeth as that is the history of this beach.
For me personally this will be my getaway beach as it wasn't too crowded but a decent crowd.

2  Thank Ellyanne
in 4 reviews
"bathroom facilities"
"hurricane damage"
in 3 reviews
"multi million dollar homes"
"parking area"