“JJs American Bistro (French Food)”

JJ's Liberty Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
JJ's Liberty Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 1, 2013

JJ has been providing great french food and wine in the Ponte Vedra area for many years. In resturant dinig is a treat and also a source for catered dinners. JJ is very well know for his personal touch in food and wine selection. It is also a great place to buy wine.

There are newer reviews for JJ's Liberty Bistro

Reviewed February 7, 2013

My uncle and I decided to stop by JJ's Bistro at the last minute one weeknight a couple of months ago. Luckily for us, they had one open table and we were quickly ushered into the dining area. I remembered the restaurant as very loud and lively probably because most people were drinking wine. We also ordered red wine and was promptly given a bread basket with brie. Not too bad. I ordered the Grilled Chicken while my uncle ordered the Duck. We didn't have to wait too long before our dishes were served. The entrees were good but nothing special. I do commend the host for being helpful and our waiter who was very informative.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

My first visit to JJ's Liberty Bistro was in November of 2012. I was visiting Ponte Vedra and went with two friends, as it's a favorite of theirs. My second visit was in January (2013) with my husband. It seems to be a favorite for a lot of locals. We arrived early, around 11:45. By 12:30, most indoor tables were filled. They have an outside seating area as well.

Both my husband and I ordered the quiche of the day. It was absolutely delicious. When you order quiche, you have a choice of soup, salad or multiple sides. We both chose the Caesar salad as it sounded different with sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts. Our assessment: the salad was just okay and while the quiche was yummy, it was a bit small. If you go to this restaurant and are really hungry, I'd suggest ordering something else. My husband ordered a shrimp soup which he said was very tasty with just the right amount of zing to it, but there were way too many potatoes. He left most of them in the bottom of the cup.

At the end of the meal, the waiter brings over a huge dessert board. On my first visit, three of us shared the flourless chocolate cake and it was absolutely divine. My husband and I shared a Biscotti which was huge and yummy.

The service was excellent. This is a nice little place for lunch. Not over the top, but very good.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have twice eaten here on special occasions, and enjoyed it immensely. The owner, J.J., welcomed us in French and the waiter, Jordan, was knowledgeable on the specialties. He helped us cope with the several dozen desert choices. The charcuterie appetizers and the main courses such as grouper and chicken were excellent. The deserts I sampled, such as the coconut cream cake, rank with the best I ever had. The French wines are of high quality.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Nice and usual pricey French food and market, chicken dish really nice, seafood stew had yesterday's potato in it and shrimp and scallops were over cooked, but rue base really good, chocolate dessert great