“not bad”
Review of Aqua Grill

Aqua Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Aqua Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: A1A and PGA Blvd
Description: Since opening in 1988, we are a "Top 25" for Jacksonville. Come experience our brand new restaurant known for its eclectic dishes. Outside deck that is climate controlled and weather resistant year around. Private parties and corporate functions are available for 50 on the inside and 85 on the outside.
Brooklyn, New York
“not bad”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

food was great but i would have enjoyed a little more service. the prices were fair and the food was excellent. if your not big on seafood this may not be perfect bunt if you are this is it

Visited February 2014
1 Thank vasilios0224

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“fantastic specials”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Aqua Grill's vegetarian meal recently was the most fantastic vegan, gluten-free food ever and very appealing to non-vegans also. Of course, great meals are always available here from their regular menu also.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Dale B
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best seafood in all of Jax area”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Easily the most creative and best tasting seafood dishes within 50 miles of Jacksonville, FL. A local favorite and should be on anyone's list of restaurants to visit when anywhere in the area. The kale Caesar salad and wings are also fantastic!!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank jdunc98
Jacksonville, Florida
“Top Five”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

My wife surprised me for my birthday last month by taking me to Aqua Grill. We are locals and live in the San Marco area, where there is an abundance of great restaurants in the nearby vicinity, but this restaurant has special meaning to us because we held our rehearsal dinner there in 2007. Despite being more than 7 years ago, both Cary's (the owners) not only remembered us, but personally saw that we were provided outstanding service and desserts for each of our guests. Aqua Grill offers wonderful seafood dishes, as their name implies, but I can't remember when I had a better fillet mignon than I did this night (although I did have it topped with crab meat). My family raved about their dishes as well. For special occasions or just for a great dinner, Aqua Grill is on our top 5 list of restaurants in the Jacksonville area and is definitely worth the drive for those on the other side of the ditch.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Jeff W
Timbuktu, Mali
“Food Was Great; Ashley Saved The Day”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

My husband and I dined here on the Friday of The Players weekend for dinner. We had our 16 month old with us and had a reservation. The place was a madhouse and the disorganization at the hostess stand was obvious. A half hour later we inquired as to the status of our table and were told that "someone just sat down at it and they tried to get them to move but they wouldn't." M'kaaaay. I think they could tell we were getting heated so they asked the owner to make the people move and VOILA, we were being seated.

Fast forward about ten minutes, we were going unnoticed by the wait staff (maybe we just have "those kinda faces") and Ashley finally said, "Have you been helped?"

Well the evening took a turn for the best right then and there. Ashley was attentive, quick, funny and did not skip a beat. The drinks were cold and the food was hot!

For dinner my husband had the whole fried snapper which was out of this world. I had the mahi and it was TREMENDOUS. We were too stuffed for dessert but maybe next time...

As for ambiance, the restaurant itself is in a strip center of sorts but it offers outdoor seating on a patio overlooking a lake, so that was welcoming. Also this particular day the restaurant didn't seem to be extremely tidy but that could have been due to the date that we were there. I am sure The Players Championship brings in tons of guests and perhaps they were having a hard time keeping up.

Overall we would return for the food and only if we could request Ashley :).

Visited May 2014