“Fantastic Meal, Service and Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Skewers by Tento - CLOSED

Skewers by Tento
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Boston
“Fantastic Meal, Service and Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

Welcome back Tento. Nice spin on the Brazillian Steakhouse concept.

LaGrange, Georgia
“Wonderful Surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect since the restaurant is in a strip mall type shopping area, but I was really surprised to find the food and the service really good. I was there for lunch and was greeted as soon as I entered. My server was attentive, but not hovering. I had the pork ke-bob and the cous-cous was wonderful, the pork tender and flavorful. I'll definitely go back the next time I'm in the area.

• Visited May 2012
Ponte Vedra, Florida, United States
“The worst dining experience we have had in Ponte Vedra”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

It was with great expectations that my wife and I visited Skewers on Friday, April 13th. Maybe it was the curse of Friday the 13th, but our experience was very, very disappointing. First - the manager. The restaurant was filled with people - and he had no clue as to how to handle the situation. The wait staff - the worst we've seen in the Jacksonville area. We ordered a bottle of wine - only to have our waitress inform us she knew nothing about wines, including how to open a bottle. She said she would find someone to get our bottle and open it. We ordered - and the food came, but not the wine. The food was bland - very bland. How can anyone make Brazilian beans and rice bland? Skewers can. Half way through our dinner, another waiter came to our table to inform us they didn't have the wine we ordered. At that point, we told the waiter we would do without the wine. As we were finishing dinner, the waiter magically appeared with the bottle we ordered and offered us a free glass for the inconvenience. At least he admitted the service was horrible. Meanwhile the manager, who may even be the owner, wandered among the tables looking totally confused. As we prepared to leave, we found we were not alone in our total dissatisfaction for Skewers. We would never recommend Skewers - at least not until they overhaul the entire operation. Inattentive manager, bad wait staff, bland food - Skewers needs a lot of help.

• Visited April 2012