Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Ponte Vedra Inn & Club(Ponte Vedra Beach)
$299
$409
$389
The Lodge & Club
Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa(Ponte Vedra Beach)(Great Value!)
$250
$129
Hampton.com
$233
$199
The Inn at Mayo Clinic(Jacksonville)
$184
$196
$169
Holiday Inn Express(Jacksonville Beach)(Great Value!)
$128
HIExpress.com
Best Western Oceanfront(Jacksonville Beach)(Great Value!)
$209
$160
BestWestern.com
$139
$125
All reviewsponte vedrafront deskstarbucks coffeegreat hotelwalking distanceconcert hallirish pubtpc sawgrasssawgrass villagefree breakfastpublix grocery storeconvenient locationhotel is locatedhome away from homeking suitewe've stayedwonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 30, 2007

I flew into JAX for business over the Memorial Day weekend and decided to extend my trip by a little for some R&R. After looking at the reviews on Trip Advisor, I chose to fly in a day early and stay overnight in the Ponte Vedra area. The area appeared to be about an hour+ from the airport and a straight forward, easy drive to head to the coast. I was hoping the area would be on the quiet side and interesting enough to wander about a bit with no real plan in mind. I was not disappointed and would like to go back sometime for a longer stay.

I arrived several hours well before check-in time at the Hilton Garden Inn and they immediately checked me in which was great. Grabbed a cup of free Starbucks coffee in the lobby and headed off to my room. My suite had a large balcony with table and chairs -- what a plus after being in the office, in an airplane and in a rental car! It's a definate bonus to be able to step outside and enjoy the nice breeze and sunshine, although there really wasn't "a view".

The bedroom and living room areas are reasonably large and include a comfortable bed, microwave, small refrigerator and small coffee pot, a large wet-bar type of counter, sofa, comfortable louge chair with ottoman, desk and chair, TV in both rooms, and a spacious bathroom with amenities.

The room next to mine had some noisy children for about an hour who apparently were not under adult supervision. I discovered that the walls between rooms are thin in the living area (or these kids had terrific lungs) however, the bedroom was quiet. As someone else wrote here, the tractor trailers delivering to the Publix grocery store nearby in the complex can be a little distracting, however that noise level in my particular room was negligible. Also, I could not seem to get much hot water while in the bathroom, only lukewarm.

For my very short stay, I had planned on hitting the beach for a few hours. But when I took a look at their small pool area with numerous lounges, chairs and tables and plenty of towels, it was clean, empty, quiet and sunny. So, I chose to hang around the pool.

Their staff is very accommodating, professional, attentive and friendly without being intrusive. It's nice that there's a low cost breakfast room onsite. There are many pluses to this hotel right in the complex -- several restaurants that are a stroll away, quite a number of nice shops to browse, large pharmacy and a grocery store so you can put that microwave and refrigerator in your room to good use. There is a library area with many books and a large TV near the reception desk, plus a small biz center with computers.

The standard rates are evidently a bargain for the area; if you want luxury, I'd stay elsewhere; if you need to be right on the beach, then this hotel is not for you. However, it is a comfortable stay in a quiet area, with many options very nearby for you to discover.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank TravelingLady55
A TripAdvisor Member
Jackson, New Jersey
Reviewed July 13, 2006

This was a very nice hotel, but beware of what room you choose. You could be awakened at 5:30 AM from the Publix delivery trucks.

• Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 17, 2006

Be forewarned, if you stay at this hotel, DO NOT accept a room on the back of the hotel. The Hilton Garden Inn is adjacent to a strip mall with a supermarket that has delivery trucks that arrive EVERY MORNING at 5 AM. Some mornings a lot more trucks than others. The BEEP, BEEP, BEEPING, will wake you up as will the noise of truck doors, airbrakes, etc. I asked mgmt about it and they said there was nothing they could do (and when I asked them if they warned their guests in advance, the answer was NO). If you have to stay on the back get some earplugs.

And by the way, the one morning I was there the grass cutters showed up before 7 AM and fired up their mowers and weedeaters. If you're looking to sleep in late --- look elsewhere.

The beds suck by the way. But they do serve Starbucks in the lobby complimentary. You'll need it.

Stayed: May 2006
4  Thank msh305
Reviewed March 9, 2006

Not knowing the area, I chose this location as I had read some good reviews. The hotel is located in a beautiful part of the city just minutes away from Jacksonville Beach. The room I stayed in was clean and tidy and the staff pleasant. Free internet access was a definite plus. The hotel is next to a quaint little shopping center with great stores, a Publix and nice restaurants - all in walking distance. I'd definitely stay here again. The beaches are within 15 minutes of the hotel, St. Augustine is under an hour away, and Orlando is about two to two and half hours away. All of these locations are very easy driving to get to.

I really liked this hotel and would definitely recommend it. It's in a very nice and safe location with easy access to many things.

• Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank MichelleStieb
Reviewed July 24, 2005

We arrived Ponte Vedra Beach, "fleeing" from Hurricane Dennis in the Gulf. I called and made reservations ahead of time, but they could only accomodate us for one night.

From the time we arrived, until we checked out we were extremely satisfied with the Hilton Garden. A suite for 149 USD a night is good value. The suite was spacious, clean, quiet, had very comfortable beds and was generally nicely kept up. We were traveling with our two kids, and we therefore appreciated separate bedrooms/T.V's. If you're looking for a good seafood restaurant in the area, I'd highly recommend Aqua Grill (Sawgrass Village) right nearby.

The pool is a bit small, but the kids loved it!

We'll definately be back on another occasion!

• Stayed: July 2005