I flew into JAX for business over the Memorial Day weekend and decided to extend my trip by a little for some R&R. After looking at the reviews on Trip Advisor, I chose to fly in a day early and stay overnight in the Ponte Vedra area. The area appeared to be about an hour+ from the airport and a straight forward, easy drive to head to the coast. I was hoping the area would be on the quiet side and interesting enough to wander about a bit with no real plan in mind. I was not disappointed and would like to go back sometime for a longer stay.
I arrived several hours well before check-in time at the Hilton Garden Inn and they immediately checked me in which was great. Grabbed a cup of free Starbucks coffee in the lobby and headed off to my room. My suite had a large balcony with table and chairs -- what a plus after being in the office, in an airplane and in a rental car! It's a definate bonus to be able to step outside and enjoy the nice breeze and sunshine, although there really wasn't "a view".
The bedroom and living room areas are reasonably large and include a comfortable bed, microwave, small refrigerator and small coffee pot, a large wet-bar type of counter, sofa, comfortable louge chair with ottoman, desk and chair, TV in both rooms, and a spacious bathroom with amenities.
The room next to mine had some noisy children for about an hour who apparently were not under adult supervision. I discovered that the walls between rooms are thin in the living area (or these kids had terrific lungs) however, the bedroom was quiet. As someone else wrote here, the tractor trailers delivering to the Publix grocery store nearby in the complex can be a little distracting, however that noise level in my particular room was negligible. Also, I could not seem to get much hot water while in the bathroom, only lukewarm.
For my very short stay, I had planned on hitting the beach for a few hours. But when I took a look at their small pool area with numerous lounges, chairs and tables and plenty of towels, it was clean, empty, quiet and sunny. So, I chose to hang around the pool.
Their staff is very accommodating, professional, attentive and friendly without being intrusive. It's nice that there's a low cost breakfast room onsite. There are many pluses to this hotel right in the complex -- several restaurants that are a stroll away, quite a number of nice shops to browse, large pharmacy and a grocery store so you can put that microwave and refrigerator in your room to good use. There is a library area with many books and a large TV near the reception desk, plus a small biz center with computers.
The standard rates are evidently a bargain for the area; if you want luxury, I'd stay elsewhere; if you need to be right on the beach, then this hotel is not for you. However, it is a comfortable stay in a quiet area, with many options very nearby for you to discover.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the entrance of renowned TPC Sawgrass, minutes from beautiful northeast Florida beaches, the award-winning Hilton Garden Inn in Ponte Vedra Beach offers a unique boutique hotel experience with all the amenities and service you expect from a Hilton hotel. Of our 127 large rooms, 61 are suites, some with jetted tubs. Our unrivaled location in the middle of Florida's First Coast of Golf ensures that we're a golfer's haven, but there's plenty more for our guests to enjoy off the links. Several outstanding restaurants, a spa, and a large variety of upscale shops are within a few minutes' walk in Sawgrass Village. If you're in the mood to explore, stroll the beach at Mickler's Landing, hike Guana River State Park by trail or by kayak, or charter a boat for some offshore fishing at nearby Mayport Naval Station or Vilano Beach. Of course, you don't have to leave our northeast Florida Beaches Area hotel to find something to do. Start your day with our breakfast buffet or your own cooked-to-order breakfast. Take a refreshing dip in our heated outdoor pool or a soak in our heated spa. Get your heart pumping in the complimentary fitness center, or relax by the fireplace in the lobby library with a good book. Complimentary high speed wireless Internet is available throughout the hotel, including the business center. If you're planning a business meeting, conference, a beach wedding or social event, the Hilton Garden Inn can accommodate groups of up to 100 guests in more than 1900 square feet of configurable indoor and outdoor meeting space. Whether it's a golf vacation, a romantic Florida getaway, business travel, or a social event, the Hilton Garden Inn in Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra is your ideal destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra Hotel Ponte Vedra Beach
- Hilton Ponte Vedra Beach
- Ponte Vedra Beach Hilton
- Hilton Garden Inn Ponte Vedra