“2013 Family Trip”

Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra
Ponte Vedra, United States
“2013 Family Trip”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn in Ponte Vedra was an excellent choice for our stay. The costs were quite reasonable and the quality of service was excellent. We were pleasantly surprised at the convenience of the accommodations. Even though the immediate site was being remodeled with more retail stores, the construction did not interfere with our family activities. The staff was very helpful in insuring that we were able to enjoy the attractions in Ponte Vedra or nearby Jacksonville Beach and similar areas. The location provided amenities that were available to our entire family from use of the on-site gym facility to the conference room facilities and the restaurant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Chuck S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Margo H, you wrote a great review! Thank you! You covered all the basics and then some. The entire team will be happy to read that you were "pleasantly surprised" by the hotel, the amenities, the location and the service. We hope to see you and your family again in the not-too-distant future. Thanks again for your kind review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel is a bit worn but the staff know how to make a bad day great !!! Due to a small air conditioner fire on 3rd floor and a water main break resulting in no water both days of our weekend were not really good, but the staff excelled by comping the room and breakfast at Mulligans. They then sent us to the Marriott at TPC Sawgrass just around the corner and we had a lovely room which the Hilton paid for !!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Chuck S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear vjalb, thank you so much for your gracious and kind review. We apologize again for the fire alarm Sunday and for the lack of water Monday morning. And we appreciate your commending our team for their handling of the situation. Hopefully if you once again need a hotel in our area, you'll come back and enjoy what will soon be complete renovations. Thank you again for your understanding.
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Based upon some recent reviews, we were highly disappointed by this hotel. Although well located, the hotel itself leaves much to be desired. Our room, albeit large, had a small window relative to the size of the room, forcing you to have the lights on all the time. The bathroom was in dire need of full refresh, and water pressure was cut before midnight. The carpet was soiled and the walls had stains. Service was poor and basically left us to carry the bags. Breakfast, without alternatives, left much to be desired. We will not return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cocolo47
Chuck S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Cocolo47, We're glad you chose to stay with us during your trip to Jacksonville. I'm sorry to hear that there were cleanliness issues and inconsistent water pressure. We've asked our maintenance and housekeeping teams to address these concerns and additional follow-up will be conducted to ensure such missteps do not continue. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the U.S. you will think of us.

Kind regards,
United States
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Very nice. Had everything you need in one spot. Employees were great. Not so much in the evening time at the bar. Shops close by and main drag to get to everything, including all the site seeing attractions. I couldn't of asked for a nicer spot to do what I had to do and that was to bury my father.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Chuck S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Christine H, we are so sorry to read about your recent loss. We extend our sympathies to you and your family. And thank you for writing such a kind review. We are very pleased that the hotel and staff were able to provide "everything you need in one spot". I hope that your travels will bring you back to our area at a happier time, and that we may get another chance to extend the warm hand of hospitality to you.
St. Francisville, LA, United States
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was my first time at this HGI. The hotel was clean, the staff was great. We enjoyed happy hour in the bar where the staff was also great. This hotel is located in a nice area that is still being developed. I had no problems while I was there but normally have a lot of tools in my vehicle and due to the traffic through the area I was slightly concerned about the security of my vehicle. Again this is in a upper income area with no crime issues but the parking lot of the hotel is spread out a bit away from the front of the building and boarders one of the accesses to the commercial area. It will not stop me from staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Chuck S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Walter O., We are pleased that you enjoyed your first stay with us and even more pleased that you will return. Thank you very much for your 5-star review. We look forward to serving you again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Outstanding! I would be happy to recommend this Hotel for any type of trip/travel to this area. The staff was amazing and focused on always being helpful seeing that my needs were addressed and met to my satisfaction.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Mr. RM, Thank you very much for your "Outstanding!" review. The staff loves to read reviews in which they are mentioned, especially when they've been "helpful", "amazing" and met your needs to your satisfaction. We sincerely appreciate your offer to recommend us, and hope to get another chance to serve you again when your travels next bring you to our area..
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I booked the hotel for a few days, but left after the first night. Unclean bathtub, bugs in the room, and terrible front desk service upon check-in.

The worst part?? Every time I mentioned a problem to the staff, I was met with defensive personalities - and, no matter what they say on their website, their guarantee is worthless. Bring it up and all they do is try and turn it back on you and refuse to honor the guarantee. As a Fraud Examiner, I find this beyond defense. I was so ready to leave there that I quit trying to argue with them.

Luckily, I went to TripAdvisor and found a great hotel - the Wyngate by Windham locally - and they were so great. I left the Hilton after the first night and relished in the superb service of the Windham for the next two night. Their employees were head and shoulders above the employees at the Hilton.

I was never told upon booking that this Hilton was under renovations when I called. Bad on them. Next, I was told they had Local Transportation Service. Upon arrival, I was told that they have a shuttle, but they had no "certified drivers" working during my stay. Huh?? This cost me and my friends a lot of trouble since we were counting on this service. And this was on a holiday - July 4th.

They should have told me this upon booking and I would have stayed elsewhere.

But that they would refuse to honor the satisfaction guarantee is reprehensible.

I think the main problem centers around the quality of personnel here. Management should be very concerned.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank asmac65
Chuck S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
I can’t apologize enough for the multiple problems that occurred during your stay with us. We pride ourselves in providing the “greatest customer experiences – each day, every time” and I am truly sorry that we failed you. I’m especially disappointed that our team did not respond in the proper way and honor our Hilton Garden Inn Promise.

Thank you for taking the time and letting not only our Guest Assistance team know about your experiences, but our team with Trip Advisor as well. Without feedback from our guests, we cannot improve. That is why we provide so many different open avenues of communication so that we can hear as much as possible from our guests. Please be assured that we have already started to thoroughly review your comments and we will make whatever changes that are necessary to ensure future guests are not similarly inconvenienced.

Besides the refund that our Guest Assistance team has already started the process on, I have authorized a “Be My Guest Certificate” to be sent you directly so that your next night with Hilton Garden Inn is taken care of as well. I hope you receive this as a sign to our commitment to our guests and the experiences they have with us.

If I can be of any assistance to you in the future, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel (904) 280-1661 ext-1120 or you can email me at Chuck.schoonmaker@Hilton.com.

Thank you again for your response.

Chuck Schoonmaker
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Ponte Vedra
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ponte Vedra Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedr...
#3 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra? Share your experiences!