Stayed two nights at HGI whilst visiting Jacksonville for the Scotland v USA soccer game. Hotel was clean and in a good, quiet location that was only a few minutes drive from the main beaches area. Ate breakfast in the neighbouring cafe on the first morning and in the hotel on the second morning. Both were fine.
Room was nice and clean but negatives were the curtains don't pull across the windows so you'd better not want to lie in the next morning in a bright room. Don't think I've ever been in a hotel before that didn't have closing curtains!
Walls are also very thin. There were guests in the room next door that had clearly been at a wedding and although they weren't being outrageous, they were talking loudly about their evening and I heard all about Heather #1, Heather #2 and the men having socks with left and right written on them!!! Eventually had to knock on their door and ask them to pipe down.
There was also an advertisement in the elevator about free tickets to the Brave movie if you stayed a weekend night. I asked about this twice at reception and nobody seemed to know anything about it. Each time the receptionist promised a manager would call me. Nobody ever did. After several other attempts (email, message on facebook, post on facebook page) I eventually got a response and my two tickets (thank you), but it just shouldn't be this difficult.
Overall, it was fine. I'd stay there again (bringing clothes pegs so I could hang towels over the windows!!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the entrance of renowned TPC Sawgrass, minutes from beautiful northeast Florida beaches, the award-winning Hilton Garden Inn in Ponte Vedra Beach offers a unique boutique hotel experience with all the amenities and service you expect from a Hilton hotel. Of our 127 large rooms, 61 are suites, some with jetted tubs. Our unrivaled location in the middle of Florida's First Coast of Golf ensures that we're a golfer's haven, but there's plenty more for our guests to enjoy off the links. Several outstanding restaurants, a spa, and a large variety of upscale shops are within a few minutes' walk in Sawgrass Village. If you're in the mood to explore, stroll the beach at Mickler's Landing, hike Guana River State Park by trail or by kayak, or charter a boat for some offshore fishing at nearby Mayport Naval Station or Vilano Beach. Of course, you don't have to leave our northeast Florida Beaches Area hotel to find something to do. Start your day with our breakfast buffet or your own cooked-to-order breakfast. Take a refreshing dip in our heated outdoor pool or a soak in our heated spa. Get your heart pumping in the complimentary fitness center, or relax by the fireplace in the lobby library with a good book. Complimentary high speed wireless Internet is available throughout the hotel, including the business center. If you're planning a business meeting, conference, a beach wedding or social event, the Hilton Garden Inn can accommodate groups of up to 100 guests in more than 1900 square feet of configurable indoor and outdoor meeting space. Whether it's a golf vacation, a romantic Florida getaway, business travel, or a social event, the Hilton Garden Inn in Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra is your ideal destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra Hotel Ponte Vedra Beach
- Hilton Ponte Vedra Beach
- Ponte Vedra Beach Hilton
- Hilton Garden Inn Ponte Vedra