“Bring an eye mask...”

Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stayed two nights at HGI whilst visiting Jacksonville for the Scotland v USA soccer game. Hotel was clean and in a good, quiet location that was only a few minutes drive from the main beaches area. Ate breakfast in the neighbouring cafe on the first morning and in the hotel on the second morning. Both were fine.
Room was nice and clean but negatives were the curtains don't pull across the windows so you'd better not want to lie in the next morning in a bright room. Don't think I've ever been in a hotel before that didn't have closing curtains!
Walls are also very thin. There were guests in the room next door that had clearly been at a wedding and although they weren't being outrageous, they were talking loudly about their evening and I heard all about Heather #1, Heather #2 and the men having socks with left and right written on them!!! Eventually had to knock on their door and ask them to pipe down.
There was also an advertisement in the elevator about free tickets to the Brave movie if you stayed a weekend night. I asked about this twice at reception and nobody seemed to know anything about it. Each time the receptionist promised a manager would call me. Nobody ever did. After several other attempts (email, message on facebook, post on facebook page) I eventually got a response and my two tickets (thank you), but it just shouldn't be this difficult.
Overall, it was fine. I'd stay there again (bringing clothes pegs so I could hang towels over the windows!!)

Room Tip: Bring an eye mask to shut out the daylight.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lulujambo
HGIPVB, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Dear Lulujambo,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor review. We strive to provide every guest with an excellent experience at our hotel and sincerely appreciate your feedback.

We are very sorry about the confusion with the "Brave" elevator poster. The details of the offer were admittedly not clear, and the poster has been removed, brand-wide. We also apologize for any difficulty you experienced with our black-out drapes.

And thank you for your generous rating and the comment that you would "stay there again." If you do indeed stay with us again, or if you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free contact me directly at 904-280-1661, extension 1120 or email me at chuck.schoonmaker@hilton.com.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra

Reviewed June 13, 2012

The hotel is ok, your standard HGI. It is clean and updated. Located in a great shopping center with restaurants, Publix, and liquor store. It is located on A1A but not on the beach. There is nothing special to this hotel, nor, nothing poor to report. If you are looking for a run of the mill stay this is it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank usfny1s
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one night and although I can't comment on the price as I did not pay for it I can say that the room and lobby were just "average". There is a spacious lobby with a good selection of Starbucks coffee and Tazo tea and there is a quaint seating area near a fireplace. The staff at the front desk were friendly and inviting.

Unfortunately, the spacious lobby and good coffee cannot make up for the uncomfortable beds, flat pillows, and loud air conditioning. My bed was hard as a rock and I had to stack three pillows because they were virtually just a piece of fabric. Also, because of the location of my room, the noise from the lobby made it difficult to sleep.

This hotel will not be at the top of my list if I need another hotel in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
HGIPVB, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Dear Michael,

Thank you for writing a review about our hotel and providing us with valuable feedback. We are sincerely sorry that you were less than satisfied with your accommodations. Please be assured that we thoroughly investigate all of our hotel’s reviews and make whatever changes are necessary to ensure future guests are not similarly dissatisfied.

Because you were so disappointed, we would appreciate a chance to make it up to you by giving you a free night’s stay when you next need a hotel in our area. We are confident that we can improve your opinion – we offer a variety of pillow types for the different needs or desires of our guests, and our king beds feature adjustable firmness controls.

If I can be of any other assistance to you, feel free to contact me directly at the hotel (904) 280-1661, extension 1120, or you can email me at Chuck.Schoonmaker@Hilton.com.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

The staff at the Hotel were not only friendly but went above and beyond for me. I stayed for only one night and had an interview across the street. I needed access to the business center and found everything to be user friendly and fast. During my day full of interviewing I had a short break that happened shortly after check out. The front desk communicated with housekeeping and let me back into the room I had checked out of in the morning. This was a great perk for me as I was stressed and used the time to re situate myself and gear up for the afternoon interviews. Jeanette, at the front desk also helped to arrange my ground transportation back to the airport and wished me well on my interview. This extra attention really made my day a lot smoother and less stressful!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank NicoleD224

Dear Nicole D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra. I am excited to post your review where our team members can all see it! Jeanette will be especially appreciative. It is always a pleasure to receive a positive review, which will serve as an encouragement as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family and/or friends at the Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra!

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Excellent location to stay if your here for the Players Golf Tournment. Very clean room with restaurants on the grounds. Close to beaches, shops and attractions, and very good restaurants. Hotel staff very helpful with any questions or concerns.
Enjoy my stay and will stay again if in the area

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Paid way too much for the night we spent here for a wedding at Sawgrass. The people working the desk were not helpful in the slightest. Were not hospitable or helpful. There was an incidence with the elevator not working and the people were unwillign to assist in how to get to our room. We also did not get good sleep because the air conditioner sounded like an airplane trying to take off all night. It woke us up throughout the enitre night. The next morning we went to the frong desk about it as we checked out to complain and discuss the issue but we didn't even receive an apology. Nothing but oh "what room number?" "We'll fix it." They were not cordial or apologetic for the $150 night we just had that was sleepless. Very inconsiderate and not accomodating.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Marie B
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The room was a king sized suite with a balcony and kitchenette which was a great size for us and our 3 kids. The kids room could be completely closed off from the bedroom and so we were not squashed together for the week. They had their own flat screen tv with a huge number of channels which was nice when we wanted downtime after a busy day. The breakfast was included in the price and was truly great. There was a huge range of fresh fruit, yogurts, cereal, toast etc, and also hot foods, bacon, made to order omlettes, waffles etc.
What we loved: Room size, the perfect temperature of the outdoor pool, the mini jacuzzi, lack of crowds, ample parking, proximity of publix supermarket, awesome breakfast, free wifi, no resort fee, free parking. The fact that our kids had a great time!
Things to think about: This is not a resort so don't come expecting resort services concierge etc. Does have crowds at weekends for weddings and is noisier at night then. The fridge in the room is tiny so don't bring a lot of food for storage.
We would come back to this hotel without hesitation.

Room Tip: Corner suites have balconies which is nice.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ponte Vedra Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedr...
#3 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra? Share your experiences!